Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2024 5:31:23 PM EDT
Hi All,

I hope it’s ok to ask on here but I was wondering if anyone knew of another forum site that had a good binoculars classifieds section. I am in the market for some new glass but would much rather buy secound hand then new.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Equipment Exchange here.

Also hit up your local pawnshops.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 6:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigfish9202] [#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigfish9202:
Rokslide
View Quote

Yeah, they have some good stuff.  Be aware you need 50 posts there to use their EE.

I picked up a nice set of vortex in excellent shape for 40% off what Cabela’s wanted.  Craigslist.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I wait on sales. Europtic, Natchez, or Midway. They also have demos and open box.
Much safer and warranty.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback!!

Yeah the EE on this site is fairly limited for bino’s especially for higher end ones. I just had a look at Rockslide and it looks great but the 50 post minimum is a bummer.

After some google searching I randomly came across https://www.birdforum.net and that by far seems like my best option. I know nothing about birding nor did I even have a clue that it was such a big deal to the point where there is an entire forum with ALOT of traffic so there seems to a very large classified section with high end bino’s up for sale on that forum.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the guys on rokslide mentioned that birdy forum too as a source.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:32:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#8]
Pretty much every older person garage sale or estate sale.

I think every older guy had at least a couple sets of binoc's. I'm down to 3-4 depending on how many I can find at any one time.

These I can't lose, they are to damn big.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Great for glassing deer at dusk though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two steiners I bought years ago on sierra.com.  Great pricing (like 250 for 8x40s). They may still carry some.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#10]
See them at gun shows all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top