Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2023 9:15:03 PM EDT
Don’t miss you deadlines!

Will be hunting archery elk and deer. Put in for the unobtainium Hart Mt national antelope preserve tag I drew in 2015. Won’t happen but I can dream!
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Drew the archery elk and deer tags I put in for. Three weeks ago I blew C8 disk. Don’t even want to think about picking up my bow now. Looks like I’ll buy an over the counter damage tag for elk and general season deer.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpeyRod:
Drew the archery elk and deer tags I put in for. Three weeks ago I blew C8 disk. Don’t even want to think about picking up my bow now. Looks like I’ll buy an over the counter damage tag for elk and general season deer.
View Quote

Holy cow that sucks.   How?

I drew my home unit here, just went to draw for archery. Rifle is still OTC.
Darn happy I didn’t break anything last year.  The elk had beaten down a steep trail into hard pack snow and ice.
A short, painful fall with a heavy pack.  Always taking my hiking poles going forward.

Attachment Attached File

Good luck healing up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

Holy cow that sucks.   How?

I drew my home unit here, just went to draw for archery. Rifle is still OTC.
Darn happy I didn’t break anything last year.  The elk had beaten down a steep trail into hard pack snow and ice.
A short, painful fall with a heavy pack.  Always taking my hiking poles going forward.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_7534_jpeg-2887739.JPG

Good luck healing up.
View Quote

Ouch! I did that while crossing a deadfall field when hunting Mt Emily. My callers thought I was dead. Nope, just taking inventory of everything that didn’t hurt any more. The list was short.

I started the c8 issue while lifting something overhead 3 weeks ago. The following week I hit one of our orchards for a ground squirrel shoot. Shooting was really good but shooting prone was really bad idea. That popped the disk and it is now pressing on the c8 nerve. Having had c6-c7 fused a few years ago should have been enough to stop me from shooting prone. Too young to know better yet too old to care. Pro tip, don’t shoot prone with a fucked up disk in your neck.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck and great times.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 1:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Good luck and great times.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/857/IMG_5303_jpeg-2893243.JPG
View Quote

Hell yes! Looks like our setup in the Brooks Range except with more clouds.

Son told me today he wants to take up archery again next year. Told him he can have my bow because I think I am done with archery.

Still want a moose hunt but I can use a rifle and be happy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m mid 60s, I’ll keep bow hunting till I can’t.  Still try and grab a rifle cow tag every year but don’t have one yet for this year.  August 1 is the last chance.  Fingers crossed.

Just got my packs ready for this year.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Today is our best chance to get a leftover tag from CPW.   I should be able to get a cow rifle tag for 2nd or 3rd season.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Today is our best chance to get a leftover tag from CPW.   I should be able to get a cow rifle tag for 2nd or 3rd season.
View Quote

Did you get it?

I need to get my damage tag good for a cow. Hoping they will show up on our company property again.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 12:47:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#9]
Yeah I got a 3rd rifle cow tag.

Bugging out 9-4 for bow.  Played with the aluminum tent frame.  That is feather weight compared to the steel.

Attachment Attached File

Last year I had a 2nd rifle cow tag.  Holy crap it was a lot of snow.
Unusual.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Aluminum would be a pleasant experience. My canvas tent has steel and those bitches are heavy!

When I blew out c6-7 I waited too long for the surgery and c7 nerve never recovered. That definitely impacted my archery shooting. Now my c8 Dick is blown and the c8 nerve is at risk. I can’t get in to my neurosurgeon until 9/26 so I am not sure if c8 will survive. Loosing both of those buts a damper on my archery hunting.

We will see. I’ll keep the bow and maybe try for a turkey next spring.
Top Top