Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2023 5:08:07 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a kayak canopy/sunshade. I’m not concerned with trying to stay dry. I just need something to cover my body, to include my legs from the sun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a sudden gust of wind would ruin your day with a kayak. I like long sleeve shirts with the mosquito liners that Academy sells.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Long pants, long sleeve shirt, hat and gloves. It's hard enough to paddle into the wind.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
I think a sudden gust of wind would ruin your day with a kayak. I like long sleeve shirts with the mosquito liners that Academy sells.
View Quote

I had considered that possibility. I was hoping to find something easy to put up and take down so I could leave it off while paddling but put it up while fishing coves.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
As others have stated, long sleeves and pants, but I've also seen people use golf umbrellas with some success.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
May as well get a sail.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
May as well get a sail.
View Quote
If you've got the right kayak, that's a possibility..
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
May as well get a sail.
View Quote

Lol, as long as it’s taking me in the right direction I’m down with that. Also, I had thought about a large umbrella because it would be easier to put up and take down. I’d need to do some looking to see how people are mounting them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top