Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2024 6:02:42 PM EDT
I'm planning on trying out a carolina rig for some inshore fishing next month.  I'm going to use 4" Berkely Gulp shrimp but I'm not sure which hooks to use.  Offset seem to make the most sense but I wanted to see what others have used successfully before.  It'll be over soft sandy bottom.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
There should be a thousand YT vids on this .
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VAbull:
There should be a thousand YT vids on this .
View Quote

So what do you recommend? I'd prefer not to watch a thousand YT vids.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a Gamakatsu TGW Octopus offset for Carolina rigs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FB41:
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Good choice
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Same here.

I also like the Gamakatsu weighted worm hook.

https://gamakatsu-fishing.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/744-BKSuperEWGWeightedMain-570x713.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Same here.

I also like the Gamakatsu weighted worm hook.

https://gamakatsu-fishing.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/744-BKSuperEWGWeightedMain-570x713.jpg

That’s my fluke hook.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LV1976:
I'm planning on trying out a carolina rig for some inshore fishing next month.  I'm going to use 4" Berkely Gulp shrimp but I'm not sure which hooks to use.  Offset seem to make the most sense but I wanted to see what others have used successfully before.  It'll be over soft sandy bottom.
View Quote
Is there Largemouth Bass in AZ? Our reservoirs are full of them. I like a simple split shot rig for most of my soft plastic sinking baits. Berkley has been my go to soft bait brand for decades. I like to keep the entire rig as light as possible for the conditions.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zach_:
Is there Largemouth Bass in AZ? Our reservoirs are full of them. I like a simple split shot rig for most of my soft plastic sinking baits. Berkley has been my go to soft bait brand for decades. I like to keep the entire rig as light as possible for the conditions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:
Originally Posted By LV1976:

Yes, there are largemouth bass in the resevoirs here. I'm planning on using it in saltwater inshore, so I'll need it to be heavier for the currents. I'm also planning on using Berkley Gulp baits.  Thank you for your recommendations, I will keep them in mind next time I go to the lakes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Carolina rigged Gulp shrimp are awesome on flounder. I have caught a ton that way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Carolina rigged Gulp shrimp are awesome on flounder. I have caught a ton that way.
View Quote

That's good to hear. I've caught a handful of cortez halibut on kastmaster spoons but I wanted to try something different this trip with a carolina rig.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top