Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2024 8:24:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkLordVader]
They fixed support for opengd77 on the tyt uv390+ 10w radios.  I gave that a try yesterday and flashed my radio with the specific firmware build for the 10W model.  It was easy to get running in MMDVM mode and connect to TGIF.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkLordVader] [#1]
My $50 DM-1701 made it via camel caravan from China.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Be mindful that in OpenGD77 in hotspot mode, there is not much of a heatsink in the HT. I never run mine over 500mw just to be safe as it gets hot damned quick at 1 watt and up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By K9-Bob:
Be mindful that in OpenGD77 in hotspot mode, there is not much of a heatsink in the HT. I never run mine over 500mw just to be safe as it gets hot damned quick at 1 watt and up.
View Quote
That's good to know.  It should be the same a HT in a 2 party conversation since the duty cycle would be ~50%.  On a net where 9 other people talk before you, it jumps to ~90%.  .
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:27:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DarkLordVader] [#4]
Any thoughts on whether a opengd77 modem would make a good fit in the role of a digital modem for Winlink/PAT?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top