Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2022 3:26:00 PM EDT
I got an English degree in college which means, I suck at math.

I'm working with my son's rifle which used to have a Nikon MOA scope which we just replaced with a Bushnell Match Pro which is milrad.

What's the equation I need to convert his dope from MOA to milrad?

Or even better, is there a widget online that will do it for you because, remember, English degree.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Calculation is at the top of the table

Conversion table
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#4]
1 mil=3.6" at 100 yds.
.1 mil=.36" (just shy of 3/8")
Just count each .1 mil click as 3/8". It will be close enough to get you where you need to be.
Jon
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.justintools.com/unit-conversion/angle.php?k1=mils[milliradians]&k2=minute-of-arc

https://skillatarms.com/mil-to-moa-converter/

http://www.unitconversion.org/angle/mils-to-minutes-conversion.html

Have fun    approximate quick range rule of thumb 0.3mil is 1moa     (actually 0.296296mil is 1moa )
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Download the free ballistics app Strelok Pro.  It calculated drop and wind drift for both mil and moa.  Takes tge work out.  Very sophisticated.  Let it do the math,
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Simplistically: 3 clicks on an MilRAd scope to 1 MOA.  Or 1 click per 1/3 MOA (ish).  Works for field expedient conditions at least.  

I actually prefer this to 1/4 MOA click scopes, as in my experience 1/4 MOA doesn't move you enough to really matter, and 1/2 MOA can be too much.  1/3 MOA (or 1 click on a MRAD scope), is juuuussst right.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 8:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MS556:
Download the free ballistics app Strelok Pro.  It calculated drop and wind drift for both mil and moa.  Takes tge work out.  Very sophisticated.  Let it do the math,
View Quote

That's what I did that way each rifle has it's own ballistic data when I swap from one with MOA to one in mill's. Shooter is another good program but doesn't have the scope cross hair holds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MS556:
View Quote

Excellent APP.  Also now banned, because Russian.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Use Hornady 4DOF. American and works and gives data in MOA and Mils.
View Quote

Second 4DOF. It's free and easy. It's stupid easy if you use Hornady ammo. There's no reason to be doing conversion math in 2023.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top