Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2022 7:14:52 PM EDT
What are your opinions on the tikka T1x ? Gtg? Not gtg? Mags accuracy etc.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm enjoying my T1X.  You'll get a deeper dive on RFC https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sako-tikka.23/
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
10 shots at 100 yds, 3” target, CCI subsonic ammo

Attachment Attached File

My T1X is in a KRG Bravo chassis sitting on an Atlas bipod with an Athlon scope. I probably could tighten that up with better ammo and scope.  My other groups weren’t that good because I was still trying to figure it all out that day.

Mags are plastic and they are a bit on the flimsy side so be careful with them.  I’ve shot a couple 22PRS matches, the only problem was the fool behind the trigger. It’s not a Vudoo but that’s a lot more money. On second thought after you add it all up maybe my setup is as much as a Vudoo.  I like shooting it a lot. It will serve you well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:23:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glocktalk] [#3]
Mine is a 17 HMR with 16 barrel.

The mag feels cheap but functions fine. Don’t know if I would want to drop it though.

I bought a trigger spring and it greatly improved the trigger pull.

Accuracy has been awesome with the little amount of rounds I have fired so far.

Best group which may be a fluke until I can upgrade my glass and get more trigger time

Attachment Attached File

This was the average group though.

Attachment Attached File

These were shot at 100 yards using cci vmax.

Factory stock feels cheap and I will eventually upgrade to a krg bravo.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a .22LR 20” (vs 16”) which I chose for helping with sound reduction with my Spectre II & shooting out to 200 yards, but I get much of a difference with the extra 4” of barrel.

No complaints.  I probably should have got the 16” since my 11” 10/22 SBR is ear safe with the same can & would if i had it to do all over again.

Agree the mags seem kinda flimsy & cheap, but I bought it as an understudy to my Tikka T3X TAC.

I haven’t grouped it, but readily hit a golf ball at 100 yards (the preferred target of the antigolfers I shoot with.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I like everything about my 16" .17hmr version. I did change the bolt handle for one from D.I.P., put the more vertical grip on it, and a rubber recoil pad on it, though. The plastic buttplate that comes on them sucks. I bought one just like it in .22lr.

The mags for my .22lr version are awful. They feed 100%, but if I'm not super careful when loading them, the ammo will slip sideways and jam the magazine. Other than that, the T1X is my favorite rimfire rifle, with the possible exception of the Marlin 39A.

17hmr:

.22lr:

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely love mine. Let the girlfriend run it and she was giggling the whole time just popping little bits of clay rocks on the berm. Once you know your holdovers its just find a target, set the dope and send it. I waffled between the Tikka and Bergara. The Tikka is almost half the price of the Bergara so it was a pretty easy choice for me and I've no regrets whatsoever. I do agree with the feelings on the mags though.

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had mine for a few years now, love it. Even with cheap glass on it, it's boringly accurate...

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm lucky enough to have a Vudoo, and a T1x, and some other .22s, and just sold a super accurate and hard to find Anschutz 54.18 MSR silhouette rifle....I kept the T1X, if that tells you anything.

As far as the stock, for about $100 you can add a pistol grip, forend beavertail, cheek riser and rubber butt pad from a CTR. Mine does not even feel like the same rifle as when I bought it. Mags are OK, not great, but the bolt is slick, short, out of the way of scopes, and locks on safe for hunting. It's my first choice of a .22 rifle under a Vudoo or Bergara. Never heard of one that won't shoot well, and many (including mine) have an affinity for cheapish ammo. Mine will put 5 shots in a tiny ragged hole at 50yds with the current lot of CCI SV I have. When this lot is gone, maybe it won't, but it's awesome for now!
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Pretty happy with mine. Had to pick between the CZ 457 and the Tikka t1x. Really liked the wood on the CZs but I'd be swapping for another stock later and I liked the thicker magazines on the Tikka better. Do have to make sure you push the 22lr rounds all the way back in the mag otherwise you will have failure to feed. Found that out the hard way during a local nrl22 match and ended up with a single point on a timed stage.

The magazines are constructed better than what people say IMO, the rounded base plate which is replaceable or removeable, feels l little cheap. I liked the magazines better than the CZ though (never handled one but plan on getting the lux) because they looked thicker.

Don't dry fire them. The general consensus is that you should never fire 22lr, but some say modern 22lrs are usually ok now like with the ruger 10/22, but the tikka manual doesn't recommend it, and I don't because my firing pin broke after not doing it many times (maybe ~40 times across multiple sessions) Could've theoretically broke on the last round I fired from it, but I went to the range one day and was wondering why it wasn't impacting the casing. Pulled the pin and yep, broken. Took like 2 months to get a replacement and had to buy the assembly so it was quite expensive for a firing pin.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't have the target, but mine was touching five rounds of Aguila Super Extra together, at 50 yards. CCI subs, not so much.
Oh, shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:26:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Broken firing pins are no longer a problem. https://borebuddy.com/product/t1x-fp/
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kwb377:
I've had mine for a few years now, love it. Even with cheap glass on it, it's boringly accurate...

https://a4.pbase.com/g12/07/240307/2/172549738.05oETCIq.jpg
View Quote

What cheekpiece/riser is on your rifle?
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By smokingun45:

What cheekpiece/riser is on your rifle?
View Quote

https://victorcompanyusa.com/titan-universal-cheekrest

I've got one on my Bergara BMR.  It's great.  Super easy to install.
Top Top