Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2023 8:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN]
Anyone still use this brand of scope? Namely the ones with the recoil springs.

Was thinking about throwing one on a 1:7 twist 220 swift
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 8:58:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleAugieMo] [#1]
They have a "cult like" following mostly on .22 cal. but also on some center fire stuff. IIRC there is a guy in Tulsa that refurbs them and buys "klunker" ones for parts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I use one on a small bore rifle with the recoil spring and another on a .30-06 target rifle with no recoil spring.

On the heavier recoiling calibers not using the recoil spring makes sure a short eye relief  scope won`t recoil into my face.

They are great scopes and look good on a classic varmint or target rifle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi-lux  makes Unertl replicas, however I read awhile back some shooters were using their scopes as a "base," then replace or upgrade several parts on them to make them more suitable for competition use.  5 years ago at an NRA All members meeting I had an opportunity to check out one of Hi-Lux's optics on an '03 Springfield.  They appeared to be well built, but then again their 100+ year old technology is not my bag.

There are much better designs available with brighter, sturdier optics, and I would only use such an optic on an antique rifle or reproduction of an old rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top