Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 3:38:03 PM EDT
I've been watching videos on YouTube about them. I'm looking for a Glock training pistol with a trigger that resets. A Glock 17R looks like it would be ideal, but those are available only to LEO's. Anyone here have experience with SIRT?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Got to play with one some years ago.  I bought a less then ten dollar laser which clamps on the gun and that works fine for my use.

BTW, the little laser cartridges, can be way off from the sights and the batteries wear out REALLY fast.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used them.  Worked great for Force-on-Force.  Unlike simunitions/airsoft/paintball, when you use SIRT pistols you don't have to wear a facemask... which makes scenarios feel a lot more real.  That said the supervision really needs to be very active to keep the scenario real (cause people don't feel a hit)
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:31:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rock71] [#3]
They are really good as teaching tools. There are lots of things that can be demonstrated and the student can see the lesson pretty easily. It’s like a tactical LASER pointer and it’s way safer than using an “unloaded” real gun.

I’ve never used one with a training/tracking system. The sights and trigger are realistic enough if that’s what you are asking.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
We have 23 of them. Use then for in classroom, FOF, Demos, etc...yes very good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I like mine. Wore out the trigger and NLT swapped under warranty.

Pros:
- Worked well to undo a training scar involving trigger reset. Trigger reset and recoil are the things you cannot practice dry with a standard pistol, and the Sirt helped me work reset. Recoil control still needs live fire.
- Able to diagnose certain issues with grip or trigger control in myself and others by watching the dot.
- Good way to communicate how sights work with brand new shooters.
- Accuracy accountability when doing dry speed work.

Cons:
- Trigger mechanism took forever to dial in to represent my triggers on my carry Glocks. Stayed where I put it, though.
- Very tempting to shift focus from front sight to the dot during a string of fire. Exacerbates a student's tendency to look for hits as soon as the shot breaks.

For whatever it's worth, I'd buy another immediately if mine breaks. It's become an integral part of my training and teaching routines.

Top Top