Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1699
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#1]
LIDR (AEYE) is killing it today. Up 70% based on a partnership disclosure I haven't read up on yet.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:28:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By merick:

Did any OEM anywhere mention mvis by name in connection with revenue?
View Quote

I don't understand your question. Here's the complete transcript, it's worth reading. The problems outlined here aren't unique to MVIS, Sumit says this situation is hamstringing the entire enterprise. The question-and-answer is dead blunt, Sumit kind of gently lit into Andres Sheppard for misrepresentation. Luminar tried the "fake it 'til you make it" approach with small deals, and one or two others jumped in thinking this was the way forward. Number three in particular is very likely to sink some of these boats in the not-to-distant future.

Seeking Alpo, but their transcripts are good

This is pretty close to the bottom line, IMHO.
"All LiDAR companies that have announced significant serial production awards with sizable commitments are under more pressure because of three reasons. Number one, the ramp of revenue from such perceived wins has been much slower than the pace initially communicated to the market. Second, the volumes, even with the start of production, are nowhere near the publicly announced targets. And number three, higher cash cost to industrialized products and unexpected financial losses to their individual cash burns as they have to front a higher cost for lower volume projects.

The markets are penalizing these companies for producing results that are not even in the right zip code of the aggressive targets set by them at the onset. Most of these companies are trading at significantly lower values post announcement of serial wins. The depressed market valuations are clearly indicating that all these LiDAR companies will need several hundreds of millions of dollars of fundings given their pursuit of smaller volume projects."
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:36:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#3]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
LIDR (AEYE) is killing it today. Up 70% based on a partnership disclosure I haven't read up on yet.
View Quote

Non-binding letter of intent to partner with LITEON in automotive Lidar.

"LITEON harnesses its core competencies in optoelectronics and power management to pioneer the future of automotive electronics."

Announcement also included a vague reference, "We are already collaborating on the OEM RFI/RFQ pipeline and I’m enthusiastic about our combined ability to capture a significant portion of the market."

Not sure what the combined ability piece meant.

Just looked, LITEON is a very large corporation, first established in Taiwan but now largely centered in fucking CHINA. I swear to God, we're selling our souls to the Chinese, one brick at a time. Well, I guess this is where we'll find out if the Congress has any intention of actually protecting western interests. Go read that discussion, lots of remarks about the Chinese interest in Lidar for military applications.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
View Quote

$OUST also currently up 33%
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TONTO44:

$OUST also currently up 33%
View Quote

That little drubbing Sumit gave Andre Sheppard for misrepresentation? This is how it started.

"Well, I think you've mashed (together) a few things there. So, the OEM wins are the first. Ouster does not have any automotive OEM wins. So, let's just separate that. Let's be clear. Okay?"

Ouster does figure in the puzzle, but right now they're doing well based on industrial Lidar sales. That will effect MVIS in the short term, if we truly have to live on industrial revenue to survive, but their growth is unrelated to the RFQs as far as anyone knows at this point.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:56:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrowne1] [#6]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Non-binding letter of intent to partner with LITEON in automotive Lidar.

"LITEON harnesses its core competencies in optoelectronics and power management to pioneer the future of automotive electronics."

Announcement also included a vague reference, "We are already collaborating on the OEM RFI/RFQ pipeline and I’m enthusiastic about our combined ability to capture a significant portion of the market."
View Quote

A non-binding LOI to partner isn't a real strong step.

AEye basically got a hot (Asian) chick to give it her phone number and say "let's go out sometime." The market reacts as though she's pregnant with AEye's child and they're engaged.

I'd be looking at buying $2 puts, but I don't see an option chain on my platform.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:02:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:

A non-binding LOI to partner isn't a real strong step.

AEye basically got a hot (Asian) chick to give it her phone number and say "let's go out sometime." The market reacts as though she's pregnant with AEye's child and they're engaged.

I'd be looking at buying $2 puts, but I don't see an option chain on my platform.
View Quote

You, sir, are a master of imagery. Well done!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a couple hundred shares that are double digit and I want to tax loss harvest them.
Can't figure out if I need to buy now and wait 30 days to sell or vice-a-versa?

What would Osprey do?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Scrote:
Probably need to update the thread title...
View Quote

Just saw this. I did change the thread title over a week ago, and if anyone noticed they didn't say anything. I was fairly certain this was coming, and removed "...of greatness" to reflect it.

That's not to say it won't get changed back, but the uncertainty here has to be recognized.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Just saw this. I did change the thread title over a week ago, and if anyone noticed they didn't say anything. I was fairly certain this was coming, and removed "...of greatness" to reflect it.

That's not to say it won't get changed back, but the uncertainty here has to be recognized.
View Quote

I spotted it right away and still my cusp is a little bruised...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Only positive today is my 110 $1.5 and $2 calls will expire worthless.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By snakes19:

the problem is if another company is willing to fund those productions then MVIS isn't going to win the contract. No contract wins = no company in year or so

You can't make money if you keep telling your potential clients no
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By snakes19:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
I find this interesting:

Anubhav Verma

Thanks, Sumit. The next question is, last year at the Retail Investor Day, MicroVision reiterated that the company is very far ahead of the competition and it would take years for them to catch up. Does this statement still hold true? And if it does, the OEMs are still keeping their bar standard high, or are they lowering it to accommodate more choice in suppliers?

Sumit Sharma

Yeah. It is 100% true, and I'll give you an example. These seven RFQs we're talking about that MAVIN is part of, we have to dumb down MAVIN to be in the middle of it. I mean, it's -- there's things that we have to do, but we can certainly do it, right? I mean, there's nothing new development. It's just new calibration, new firmware, new development for us as part of our ASIC, so it's not that big of a deal. But as you can imagine, right, as I always said, right, it is best-in-class, so far ahead. When you get into these RFQs, nothing has been thrown at us that requires us to meet it. If anything else, we've been brought towards the mean.

I thought this was fascinating. Sumit went on to talk about the widely divergent demands from multiple OEMs. I strongly believe he wasn't talking to the stockholders, he was talking directly to the OEMs and giving them very general information about their competitors to drive home some of the sticking points in the contract negotiations.

"Some OEMs want to see our manufacturing strategy proposals to commit to factories in Asia and North America for volumes that would not justify two factory locations. Some OEMs explicitly want a factory in the U.S. To be clear, they will not accept a NAFTA country, but only a U.S. contract manufacturing factory while expecting cost structures that are only possible from Asia. Others will only review proposals from Asia, while a small group wants to see a diversified operation strategy with multiple continents. Again, the expectation is that we will fund this with our investors."

The bolded portion smacks of talk in the US Congress about concerns over Chinese Lidar patent infringement and technology theft...

The second bolded portion is the full stop. They can't float another, even larger offering to fund production. I'm actually happy they've draw this line in the sand.

the problem is if another company is willing to fund those productions then MVIS isn't going to win the contract. No contract wins = no company in year or so

You can't make money if you keep telling your potential clients no

fwiw, Luminar had production facilities, they just shut em down and laid off staff, cash burn was far too high.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:22:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#13]
Finally had my buy go through at 1.20.  Seems to have support right there 1.19-1.20
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

fwiw, Luminar had production facilities, they just shut em down and laid off staff, cash burn was far too high.
View Quote

How is the viability of these not forecasted before they built production facilities. what a tremendous waste of money to not be used.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:33:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#15]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

How is the viability of these not forecasted before they built production facilities. what a tremendous waste of money to not be used.
View All Quotes

It's almost like someone was doing everything to prop up the stock price of a company at any cost or something, undoubtedly for some personal gain in the mix.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Probably need to update the thread title...

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Of course it was forecast!  there's $4b of orders in their magic order book!

Mock the hopium here as much as you want, but it's tiny compared to the hopium the luminar CEO spouts, who shuts down production with $4b of orders coming in???
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I got nothing.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:13:41 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Regardless of what I think of their business plan I don't believe for a second that there was no OEM involvement in that.  OEMs love to act like jilted situationship girlfriends towards suppliers.  "Oh come'on baby, just spend the $100 million I promise we'll buy your stuff, the market is strong, but we just can't commit until you spend."  Spend the money.  "Ugh why did you even buy that?  No I didn't promise you anything.  There's 1,000 other dicks I haven't tasted yet I've gotta check them out before I settle down."

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
I can remain stubborn longer than the market can be irrational.
View Quote

I can remain irrational and poor longer than I’ve been alive
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

I can remain irrational and poor longer than I’ve been alive
View Quote

That might be worthy of a sig line
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#22]
As expected most of my borrowed MVIS shares were returned this afternoon. Somebody made decent money buying at $1 and selling at $1.25 or so. Just wasn’t me, but I did add another 4K so there’s that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

Regardless of what I think of their business plan I don't believe for a second that there was no OEM involvement in that.  OEMs love to act like jilted situationship girlfriends towards suppliers.  "Oh come'on baby, just spend the $100 million I promise we'll buy your stuff, the market is strong, but we just can't commit until you spend."  Spend the money.  "Ugh why did you even buy that?  No I didn't promise you anything.  There's 1,000 other dicks I haven't tasted yet I've gotta check them out before I settle down."

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Reread the transcript for the third time, and then a long exchange between S2upid and a couple of other posters about farm and commercial vehicle numbers. Forklifts were kind of a given, but who the hell knew they sell that many tractors every year? I didn't. I wasn't thinking they were talking about limping through on subsidiary sales, but it doesn't take much market penetration, at all, to make significant profit from a smaller, lighter, less expensive and more accurate Lidar with a higher margin in that field (sorry).

That's wasn't the driver, but I picked up another 10K at $1.21 just before the close. Kicking myself for not jumping in yesterday in the AH, but that's life. Just for full disclosure, though somebody would have to be daft to think I was pumping in this situation, 100K at a $2.72 basis cost. If you do the math...yea, I'm down about $150K, but the boat maintenance bill turned out to be all routine de-winterization, so I got that going for me.

Wifey and I spent the last two hours (carefully) bombing around the back roads with the top down. Glorious here, and almost G&T time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Man, I can’t stay with it.  I hope yall get the moon shot, but I’m taking my $2k loss and moving the rest to more dependable returns.  

I’m all about hopium, but this is too much pure speculation for me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:
Man, I can’t stay with it.  I hope yall get the moon shot, but I’m taking my $2k loss and moving the rest to more dependable returns.  

View Quote

Well make sure you don't come around bitching to us when it does pop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Man, I can't stay with it.  I hope yall get the moon shot, but I'm taking my $2k loss and moving the rest to more dependable returns.  

I'm all about hopium, but this is too much pure speculation for me.
View Quote
I think that's very understandable, wish you best in your future investments.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:22:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By blupupher:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blupupher:

Nah, I’ll let you guys give me a nice told ya so!

I’m still going to watch, but I’m going spectator for a while.  

Let the industry consolidate, I have a feeling there’s going to be less players in a years time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Nah, I’ll let you guys give me a nice told ya so!

I’m still going to watch, but I’m going spectator for a while.  

Let the industry consolidate, I have a feeling there’s going to be less players in a years time.
View Quote

Just giving you a hard time.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:18:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#30]
Part of me wants to buy more to lower my average, and part of me feels like I’ve already put too much money into this stock, and I just need to HODL.  Right now, the second voice is winning.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 5:46:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#31]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Part of me wants to buy more to lower my average, and part of me feels like I’ve already put too much money into this stock, and I just need to HODL.  Right now, the second voice is winning.
View Quote

Yeah....my average is like around $15 per share, lost 91% of what I put in......   All my shares were purchased between Feb and April of 2021.

The only saving grace is if I buy 900 shares at the current price I can make my cost average $2 a share....

I then look at the MINE ticker still in my holdings....
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Squirreless] [#32]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

Yeah....my average is like around $15 per share, lost 91% of what I put in......   All my shares were purchased between Feb and April of 2021.

The only saving grace is if I buy 900 shares at the current price I can make my cost average $2 a share....

View Quote

How do you do there fellow MINE Hodler?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Squirreless:

View All Quotes

Glad to see I'm amongst suckers......er friends
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By waldershrek:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By waldershrek:

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#35]
https://www.investopedia.com/gamestop-stock-soars-as-roaring-kitty-posts-for-first-time-in-3-years-8647335

GameStop shares surged 45% as markets opened Monday.
Keith Gill, who is also known as the YouTube streamer "Roaring Kitty" and was a key driver of the 2020 meme stock craze, posted to social media for the first time in nearly three years Sunday night.
GameStop stock is still well below the levels it reached in early 2021, but is more than double its value from the start of May.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#36]
GME short squeeze, round 2?

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#37]
bought 50 shares of $GME at the open for the lulz
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#39]
https://www.investopedia.com/gamestop-stock-soars-as-roaring-kitty-posts-for-first-time-in-3-years-8647335

Keith Gill, who is also known as the YouTube streamer "Roaring Kitty" and was a key driver of the 2020 meme stock craze, posted to social media for the first time in nearly three years Sunday night.
GameStop stock is still well below the levels it reached in early 2021, but is more than double its value from the start of May.
View Quote

AMC spiked too
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:03:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Here's his whole Twitter post:

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By skeebinz:
bought 50 shares of $GME at the open for the lulz
View Quote

I'm in for 100 shares. Like usual, I got in at the top. My timing is always impeccable. You guys can buy puts now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Etrade fucked for anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#44]
I can't get into my now-migrated Schwab account, they want me to call with my TD ameritrade account number. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:
Etrade fucked for anyone else?
View Quote

I saw posts on Stocktwits with people saying they have Etrade issues.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
I can't get into my now-migrated Schwab account, they want me to call with my TD ameritrade account number. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?
View Quote

Welcome to Schwab!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#47]

HODL!
View All Quotes

Apes together ... dumb!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Lol I'm down $900 on GME thanks to impulse buying at the top.

But wait, I hedged it with (4) puts, that I'm up..... $4 on.

It seems that I was everyone's exit liquidity today.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
Lol I'm down $900 on GME thanks to impulse buying at the top.

But wait, I hedged it with (4) puts, that I'm up..... $4 on.

It seems that I was everyone's exit liquidity today.
View Quote

Puts never work for me like I think they should. When the circus comes to town the spreads open up huge, and when the dust settles the vol component evaporates faster than my tears.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By merick:

Apes together ... dumb!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 1699
Top Top