Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
may will be up 25%

I read it on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:55:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RonGonzo] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swampvol:
This thread has gotten eerily bear market quiet.
View Quote

market choppy and ranging

decent conditions for futures traders that know how to red button but a pretty boring 45~ days for hodlers
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
The hush settles over the crowd before the launch to the MOON!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By goloud:

It was busier in the bear market…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not much to fiscuss when it's  just ranging.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Bitcoin is dead.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
I think Bitcoin is dead.
View Quote

Nooooooooo!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

When it has to be bumped periodically to keep it from archiving then you know it's buy time. The ETF and halving news cycle failed to launch BTC into the stratosphere like all the overdramatic youtube chart boys promised the fresh meat so they are probably experiencing some regret and malaise right now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Caeser2001:

View All Quotes

Easy to forget that we traded sideways for more than 6 months in 2023 between $25k and $30k.  We're only 2 months into this particular range bound period and we had another one just like it in December and January.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
hong kong etf starts trading tonight

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HEATSEAKER:

When it has to be bumped periodically to keep it from archiving then you know it's buy time. The ETF and halving news cycle failed to launch BTC into the stratosphere like all the overdramatic youtube chart boys promised the fresh meat so they are probably experiencing some regret and malaise right now.
View All Quotes

Maybe. Most of the people I know IRL are just trying to figure out how to afford groceries, property tax and home/auto insurance that keeps going up. Not a lot left over to throw at investments and crypto for most of them.

I'm still making my normal buys every week but I haven't heard anyone doing any kind of investment talk in weeks if not months. I think a lot of people are hurting cash flow wise.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:08:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TexRdnec] [#11]
Originally Posted By Trunalimunumaprzure:

Maybe. Most of the people I know IRL are just trying to figure out how to afford groceries, property tax and home/auto insurance that keeps going up. Not a lot left over to throw at investments and crypto for most of them.

I'm still making my normal buys every week but I haven't heard anyone doing any kind of investment talk in weeks if not months. I think a lot of people are hurting cash flow wise.

View All Quotes

had my wife's tuition this month, have car insurance next month and house insurance the next month

i'd love to be buying right now, can't
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

pretty big lag between halving and moonshot on the last couple cycles.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
hong kong etf starts trading tonight

View Quote

Yes, it could get interesting.  It's a good entry point at least not at its ath Hope they buy like crazy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

Yes, it could get interesting.  It's a good entry point at least not at its ath Hope they buy like crazy.
View Quote

The ETF could provide good backdoor opportunity for the 1.5 billion Chinese citizens to dip their toes in the water without the fear of the gov ruining their lives.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#15]

The ETF could provide good backdoor opportunity for the 1.5 billion Chinese citizens to dip their toes in the water without the fear of the gov ruining their lives.
View Quote

I think mainland China is blocked out of the Hong Kong ETF unfortunately.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbstractIdeas] [#16]

View Quote

Eventually you will get to the point where your crypto buys crypto for you. I stopped putting fiat in years ago.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:27:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AbstractIdeas:

Eventually you will get to the point where your crypto buys crypto for you. I stopped putting fiat in years ago.
View All Quotes

How does that work with BTC in a cold wallet? I'm not interested in anymore shitcoins. I'm waiting to dump my eth if it ever does anything besides suck shit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbstractIdeas] [#18]

How does that work with BTC in a cold wallet? I'm not interested in anymore shitcoins. I'm waiting to dump my eth if it ever does anything besides suck shit.
View Quote

You know you can stake eth right?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 1:42:15 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Yes, I do. Mine is staked. The return is trash.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#20]
So, blackrock btc etf has had no inflows for the last 4 days (no outflows either),  kinda odd for the largest btc etf fund.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:00:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:

Nooooooooo!!!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
I think Bitcoin is dead.

Nooooooooo!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Down we go again. C’mon 60k support.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes, I do. Mine is staked. The return is trash.

View Quote

It's trash because you don't have enough. That's your problem.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#24]
You Are Not Bearish Enough On Bitcoin.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:13:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Nosler180:
So, blackrock btc etf has had no inflows for the last 4 days (no outflows either),  kinda odd for the largest btc etf fund.
View Quote

Follow this guy on “X”.

https://x.com/ericbalchunas

He’s pretty much the authority on ETFs and is a fan of BTC. And ETH I guess.

It’s not out of the ordinary for ETFs to have stretches of zero inflows.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:27:51 PM EDT
[#26]
So.....$80k by June 1st?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Follow this guy on “X”.

View All Quotes

Follow this guy on “X”.

Now following, thx.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#28]
how in fuck is Plaid allowed to exist?

due to USAA's latest wokeness fuckery im done with them; they tried to pull this shit maybe 10 or so years ago and they somehow convinced me to stay with some weak apology.  not this time.
so back to plaid... the only way coinbase will allow me to link this other bank account is via plaid.  they refuse to do the 2 small deposits thing.  And with plaid its not the ingenious OIDC consent permission where I log into my banks system and grant consent to coinbase.  No, coinbase literally expects me to give Plaid my username and password.  I mean even if I were to change it afterwards, in that period of time they can have downloaded every single bit of history there. (but they promise to be good though)

wtf??
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bophades:

due to USAA's latest wokeness fuckery im done with them; they tried to pull this shit maybe 10 or so years ago and they somehow convinced me to stay with some weak apology.  not this time.
so back to plaid... the only way coinbase will allow me to link this other bank account is via plaid.  they refuse to do the 2 small deposits thing.  And with plaid its not the ingenious OIDC consent permission where I log into my banks system and grant consent to coinbase.  No, coinbase literally expects me to give Plaid my username and password.  I mean even if I were to change it afterwards, in that period of time they can have downloaded every single bit of history there. (but they promise to be good though)

wtf??
View Quote

Fall back in line citizen.  Pick up that can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Surely there's lag between when they get cash, buy bitcoin, etc.  Unsure what is reported when.  

From a purely supply-demand perspective - the ETF spike has passed, the halving publicity came and went, and now it's all quiet on the eastern front.  
You'll note that for the previous two weeks the majority of ETF flow has been sales by GBTC.  GBTC has been the elephant in the room and proven to be the major determining factor in price since the ETFs started in January.  

I suspect that once the "flows" are updated there will be a lot of GBTC sales that were more than the ETFs were buying, thus driving the price down today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#31]

wtf??
View Quote

Open an account specifically as an entrance and exit ramp.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Trunalimunumaprzure] [#32]

wtf??
View Quote

I tried 3 different banks, none would work without plaid. good luck.

*edit* not big national banks either. 2 small regional and 1 larger regional.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

wtf??

This.

It's easy to move money between bank accounts.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Look at how they massacred my boy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:27:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#35]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
Look at how they massacred my boy.
View Quote

I'm just going to turn off the computer for a year and come back then.  Hope all is better there.  See you all in 2025!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Neato, Roger Ver has been arrested in Spain and is being extradited to the U.S. on tax evasion charges.

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/doj-charges-bitcoin-jesus-tax-fraud

In an April 30 notice, the Justice Department said authorities in Spain had arrested Ver based on criminal charges in the United States, including mail fraud, tax evasion and filing false tax returns.

The U.S. government alleged Ver defrauded the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) out of roughly $48 million with his failure to report capital gains on his sale of Bitcoin and other assets.

According to the indictment filed on Feb. 15 but unsealed on April 29, Ver allegedly took control of roughly 70,000 BTC in June 2017 - before the now famous bull run - and sold many of them for $240 million. U.S. officials said they planned to extradite Ver from Spain to the United States to stand trial.

Ver was also a proponent of Bitcoin Cash.

Ver has previously pleaded guilty and served time for selling explosives on eBay.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:23:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Megastorm] [#37]
How's it going HODLers

Still riding my buy stop down $500-to-1K over after selling at the last failed attempt at 64K.  Ran too close a couple times on the way down and got forced back into coin and had to re-sell but who cares when you're adding this much coin after selling at 64K and locking in a buy a couple hundred over the bottom at 57K.   At this rate I'll own it all by the time hits zero:).  You know I watched it fail to hold over 64K again and again... And watched it pull back after every failed attempt and finally thought, if it fails to break and hold over 64K one more time I'm going to sell right at 64K and then buy the pull back and how about this.  I hit the mother load!    Well, got to go move my buy stop down and lock in some more coin.  It just dropped to 56.5K.

For what it's worth... I'm calling 56.5K as the bottom so I can go back to bed.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:54:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nosler180] [#38]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:
Surely there's lag between when they get cash, buy bitcoin, etc.  Unsure what is reported when.  

From a purely supply-demand perspective - the ETF spike has passed, the halving publicity came and went, and now it's all quiet on the eastern front.  
You'll note that for the previous two weeks the majority of ETF flow has been sales by GBTC.  GBTC has been the elephant in the room and proven to be the major determining factor in price since the ETFs started in January.  

I suspect that once the "flows" are updated there will be a lot of GBTC sales that were more than the ETFs were buying, thus driving the price down today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335009/Screenshot_2024-04-30_150341_png-3202159.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335009/Screenshot_2024-04-30_150341_png-3202159.JPG

Another day where blackrock shows 0 flows and outflows for others, not sure when these funds settle up but there was a pretty good dip overnight.

Looks like support didn't hold at 60k and I see more downward momentum especially when the markets open today. Low 50's is on the horizon.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARandomClaymore] [#39]
Grabbed another $2,500 @ $57,500.

I'm tapped out at the moment. It would be great if it traded flat for the next few months so I can build reserves back up.

On a different note, the car I purchased with crypto profits from the last bullrun, I've listed for sale. If I can get it sold, all that will get rolled back into BTC.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Another day where blackrock shows 0 flows and outflows for others, not sure when these funds settle up but there was a pretty good dip overnight.

Looks like support didn't hold at 60k and I see more downward momentum especially when the markets open today. Low 50's is on the horizon.
View Quote

I'm curious where the "official" bitcoin flow data comes from....  I looked into it back in Jan, and it was common for one exchange/organization/fund to have many wallets.  
I assume this data is compiled based on analyzing wallets and transactions?  Are the ETFs reporting daily how many bitcoins they bought/sold?  
Can the "flow" data be skewed if the analysis doesn't know about wallets?  ie. blackrock made 50 new wallets to use to store their bitcoins, so those bitcoin purchases aren't attributed to blackrock until it is known those wallets belong to blackrock.  

I've also been pondering how much of the bitcoin price is driven by supply/demand and how much it is driven by simply being an investment/commodity that people treat like any other.  

Wild speculation time: what would happen to the economy if bitcoin were to become compromised in some way?  
Anything from a software bug, some novel method to brute-force guess the passphrase of a large or institutional wallet(s), a major world event that broke the internet for a long enough period of time for two separate bitcoin networks to evolve by adding transactions(what would happen when the two separate networks regained contact with each other?), or any of a number of other possibilities.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#41]

I'm curious where the "official" bitcoin flow data comes from....  I looked into it back in Jan, and it was common for one exchange/organization/fund to have many wallets.  
I assume this data is compiled based on analyzing wallets and transactions?  Are the ETFs reporting daily how many bitcoins they bought/sold?  
Can the "flow" data be skewed if the analysis doesn't know about wallets?  ie. blackrock made 50 new wallets to use to store their bitcoins, so those bitcoin purchases aren't attributed to blackrock until it is known those wallets belong to blackrock.  

I've also been pondering how much of the bitcoin price is driven by supply/demand and how much it is driven by simply being an investment/commodity that people treat like any other.  

Wild speculation time: what would happen to the economy if bitcoin were to become compromised in some way?  
Anything from a software bug, some novel method to brute-force guess the passphrase of a large or institutional wallet(s), a major world event that broke the internet for a long enough period of time for two separate bitcoin networks to evolve by adding transactions(what would happen when the two separate networks regained contact with each other?), or any of a number of other possibilities.  
View Quote

I'd like you to go ahead and guess the seed phrase of any wallet.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd like you to go ahead and guess the seed phrase of any wallet.  
View Quote

Wild guesses are obviously not a viable technique in general (but who knows what a state actor with some sort of quantum computing capability could do?)

The institutions will treat their passwords/phrases/keys just like a physical key and have some sort of access control procedure for them.  Any information stored in a way to make it accessible by humans can be, wait for it.... accessed by humans.  
It's simply human/social engineering your way into gaining access to something you shouldn't have access to.  

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Is Bitcoin prices halvening?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JG_Wentworth:
Is Bitcoin prices halvening?
View Quote

It's actually going to zero.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#45]
What's the latest on Ledger wallets? Do they still have a way into the wallet?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#46]

Wild guesses are obviously not a viable technique in general (but who knows what a state actor with some sort of quantum computing capability could do?)

The institutions will treat their passwords/phrases/keys just like a physical key and have some sort of access control procedure for them.  Any information stored in a way to make it accessible by humans can be, wait for it.... accessed by humans.  
It's simply human/social engineering your way into gaining access to something you shouldn't have access to.  

View Quote

These are all good questions. I had the same concerns with quantum computing when I started my BTC journey.

Keep in mind that most big advances in technology don’t usually happen unilaterally. In theory, the application of quantum computing would be applied to both attack and protect encryption technologies simultaneously. Quantum resistant cryptography is already here

Add in the financial aspect of attempting to break BTC. Even if you could invest $50B into a quantum cryptography breaker, and it works, it would destroy the value of the very thing you are attempting to break.

Why not just use the $50B to invest in miners and join the bitcoin club.  

It’s a fascinating system.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#47]
bitcoin is drawing a pretty decent set of tits on my daily chart, so there's that
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Megastorm:
How's it going HODLers

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By shooter_gregg:
What's the latest on Ledger wallets? Do they still have a way into the wallet?
View Quote

As far as I understand, they only have a way in if you subscribe to their recovery service and give them some data.

That said, their "secure element" chip is closed-source, so there's no way to know.  There isn't any verifiable way to know that any of the hardware wallet systems are truly secure;  Trezor can be broken if someone steals the physical device from you (there are devices sold to crack them, by attaching a connector to the microcontroller and then repeatedly restarting it and freezing it until the device gets lucky on timing and freezes it within the few clock cycles that leave the data exposed), and all of the others use closed-source crypto chips.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]
How's it going HODLers
View All Quotes
How's it going HODLers

Well, I lost a Porsche but I still think I'll get it back in six months or so.

I'm calling 56.5K as the bottom so I can go back to bed.

Very scientific of you.
Page / 505
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top