Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5589 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghost page.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Wishing this page had the support the Mega Crap page is getting.
So much good info was dropped here - need to bring everyone back here and let that page wither off since 95% of it is what should be here!
Just my .02 as usual...

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, this is where I got my updates on the conflict.  I had fallen behind due to work and lack of time and Internet access, and it took me a long time to catch up, and just as I did the thread died. No apparent rhyme or reason.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
Yeah, this is where I got my updates on the conflict.  I had fallen behind due to work and lack of time and Internet access, and it took me a long time to catch up, and just as I did the thread died. No apparent rhyme or reason.
View Quote

The same thing that happens to Ukrainian media in Russian Occupied territories is happening here.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
View Quote

The reason has been covered in this thread a couple of times.

I'll tread lightly on the why, but will say that the moderation tightened up to focus the thread on just the war, no domestic US politics or anything else not directly related to the war.

The new thread has explicitly stated parameters in the OP to give it a much broader set of allowed topics of discussion.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rbblrwsr:

I'll tread lightly on the why, but will say that the moderation tightened up to focus the thread on just the war, no domestic US politics or anything else not directly related to the war.

View Quote

I was more than ok with that personally. I got tired of all the back and forth thread derailing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I am all for this, but it is only one side of the equation.   I don't want to just supply Patriot batteries and interceptors with no solution to destroy the Russian ability to keep sending all manner of missiles at Ukraine.  That will just eat up many Patriot interceptors.

The whole point of the Patriot system is to make us able to defend against attacks while our offensive firepower eliminates the enemies ability to keep sending those attacks.  So, Taurus or other long range cruise missiles should also be supplied to Ukraine with no restrictions on targeting Russian military targets within Russia.

And especially long range cruise missiles should be used to target the Russian strategic bombers and their airfields that are used to launch the long range cruise missiles into Ukraine.  This would stop their ability to send the more common air launched cruise missiles and allow Patriot to focus on shooting down the much more limited number of Khinzal and Iksandr-M ballistic missiles while  denying the airspace over a wide area for shorter ranged Russian tactical aircraft with their glide bombs to be used without risk of being shot down.

https://i.gifer.com/81Gl.gif
View Quote

This is common sense reality.

Which means it will not be embraced.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FontanaHorseman:
So much good info was dropped here - need to bring everyone back here and let that page wither off since 95% of it is what should be here!
Just my .02 as usual...

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Ukraine war latest: Ukrainian forces stabilize situation in Kharkiv Oblast, 'partially' push Russian troops out of Vovchansk

https://kyivindependent.com/ukraine-war-latest-ukrainian-forces-stabilize-situation-in-kharkiv-oblast-partially-push-russian-troops-out-of-vovchansk/

Ukrainian forces have managed to stabilize the situation in Kharkiv Oblast over the past day amid Russia's attempts to break through, President Volodymyr Zelensky said on May 15 in his evening address.

Russia launched a new offensive with a reported 30,000 troops on May 10, targeting Kharkiv Oblast, which is situated near the countries' shared border in northeastern Ukraine.

Zelensky received reports on the situation on the front line from soldiers and the Defense Ministry throughout the day, he said. The president added that authorities constantly monitor the combat activities in all front-line areas.

Zelensky said that Ukrainian forces continued defensive actions in Kharkiv Oblast, destroying Russian troops with "with all means."

"Artillery, drones, our infantry are working accurately," the head of state added.

The president also mentioned the situation in the Pokrovsk direction in Donetsk Oblast and Kupiansk in Kharkiv Oblast, which both remain two of the hottest areas of the front line.

Zelensky said that Russian troops had attempted to disperse Ukrainian units and push them back.

"We react to it exactly as necessary – in every direction, we must have something to respond with to the enemy," Zelensky said.

Ukrainian forces repelled Russian attacks in the Vovchansk direction in Kharkiv Oblast and "partially pushed out enemy forces from the town," the General Staff of Ukraine's Armed Forces said on May 15.

The Ukrainian Defense Ministry said earlier the same day that small Russian infantry units had entered the northern part of Vovchansk and were attempting to establish a foothold there.

"Defensive operations continue on the northern and northwestern outskirts," the General Staff said in its report.

The military did not provide further details on the situation in the town.

Russian troops continue attacking in the direction of Lyptsi, a village 10 kilometers (6 miles) south of the Russian border and around 40 kilometers (25 miles) east of Vovchansk, the report read.

Both Lyptsi and Mala Danylivka – a village on Kharkiv's outskirts – reportedly came under Russian airstrikes over the day.

Russia launched new offensive actions on May 10 in the north of Kharkiv Oblast toward Lyptsi and Vovchansk.

-------------------------------------
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Ukrainian soldiers are trying to carry out an evacuation near Arkhangelskoye.

GRU Snipers in Border Village of Bugruvatka:

Russian Soldiers Don't Seem to Have a Plan After Vehicle Knocked Out:

Fighting continues in Vovchansk, Kharkiv Region. These shots show two Russian tanks destroyed today by the fire of the 57th and 71st brigades.

This Russian serviceman lying on the ground already understood very well where he had ended up. He flatly refuses to go into a “meat assault” and die for Putin, who deceived him and hundreds of thousands of others like him. But the realization came too late - Russian commanders beat him with sticks, kick him, shoot him near his head and literally push him towards the Ukrainian positions. In fact, he had only one choice: to die from his own or from strangers...

Video from soldiers of the 93rd separate mechanized brigade "Kholodny Yar".
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 7:03:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#11]
-Please stay on topic
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Analysis, Mr. Whistle...

Russia Has a New Defence Minister and More…
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Just my .02 as usual...

View Quote

Multiple contributors were banned from this thread, so a new one was started so they could participate again. I make no judgements. No free posts either.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:38:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Would someone be so kind as to PM me a link to wherever this "new thread" is?  I haven't noticed it in GD if it's there.

Also, for some reason this thread usually crashes my browser and freezes my computer when I've opened it lately, so I didn't even get to see the split happen.  I think it's the javascript for embedding Rumble videos.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 5:38:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
Would someone be so kind as to PM me a link to wherever this "new thread" is?  I haven't noticed it in GD if it's there.

Also, for some reason this thread usually crashes my browser and freezes my computer when I've opened it lately, so I didn't even get to see the split happen.  I think it's the javascript for embedding Rumble videos.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Russia-Iran-China-The-New-Axis-Megathread/5-2721222/
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GOEG3ooXIAAXB-v?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

The short bus of death.

much feared by those that have to get in it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#22]
What does this soon-to-be-exploded Russian tank say on it in big letters?

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Tirador223:

https://i.imgur.com/PYhAFVE.png
View Quote

I’m with stupid, with a z shaped arrow pointing at self?
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Russian BMPT “Terminator”, reliably covering their tanks.

Su-34s dropped bombs on the AFU stronghold and infantry.

The anti-aircraft gunners of the 39th Brigade 68AK shot down Baba Yaga's UAV.

Promotion of Ivanovo paratroopers in the residential development of Chasov Yar:

Full video - attack on Rabotino by two fighters on motorcycles

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Ukrainian Drones Shredding Russians Overnight:

Intense Footage from Ongoing Battles Outside of Chasiv Yar:

Doctors with Guns- Incredible Footage from Ukrainian Rapid Support Medics

Ukrainian Drones Hunting Russians in Swamps of Southern Kherson:

The Russians launched a massive bombing of a border settlement in the Kharkiv region:

Russians continue to use scorched earth tactics in Donbass:

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:28:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Just my .02 as usual...
View Quote

Any page is the sum total of its posters and contributors.

If you want continuation, convince the contributors, or migrate as they mostly have.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Tirador223:

https://i.imgur.com/PYhAFVE.png
View Quote

Written
ГРОМОЗЕКА
this is a Soviet cartoon character
https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=cb0e66b39656e8e8&sca_upv=1&q=%D0%93%D0%A0%D0%9E%D0%9C%D0%9E%D0%97%D0%95%D0%9A%D0%90&tbm=isch&source=lnms&prmd=ivsnmbtz&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwih0dLJw6CGAxX0S_EDHT6BDgsQ0pQJegQIDhAB&biw=1366&bih=607&dpr=1
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Once again, the eyes of the Russian army were able to calculate the deployment point of Ukrainian militants in one of the houses on the right bank.

In the video, barrage ammunition destroyed construction equipment that was building a stronghold in Kharkiv Region.

Lighting Up Russian Staging Area

Detonation of a Russian 152mm MSTA Heavy Gun

Burned Out Husk of a Modified Russian APC:

As a result of the Russian attack on Pokrovsk, a couple was killed and their 10-year-old son was injured:

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Those are killer numbers

1380 kia should be a high mark or close to one
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Kharkiv:

Destruction of Ukrainian Navy uncrewed boats in the waters of the Black Sea:

Russians Looking for Cover Behind Destroyed Tank:

Intense Footage from Ukrainian Medics:

Simferopol - 8 explosions:

Kharkiv region. The State Emergency Service is fighting a large-scale fire, together with the police they are rescuing the victims:

Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:51:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#31]
from todays WSJ :

------------------------------------------------------

Fourth Top Russian Defense Official Detained as Purge of Military Leadership Expands

As the Kremlin girds for a long war in Ukraine, it looks to tackle the chronic corruption that has long undermined its armed forces

By Georgi Kantchev            Updated May 23, 2024 12:44 pm ET

Russia detained a senior general on corruption charges, the fourth top defense official to be held within a month, widening the highest-profile purge in the Russian military in years.

Lt. Gen. Vadim Shamarin, deputy chief of the Russian general staff, was detained on charges of large-scale bribery, state media reported Thursday. Later on Thursday, state media reported that Vladimir Verteletsky, an employee of the Defense Procurement department of the Ministry of Defense, was detained on accusations of corruption.

The crackdown began in April when Russian Deputy Defense Minister Timur Ivanov was detained, also on an accusation of taking bribes. Since then, Lt. Gen. Yuri Kuznetsov, head of personnel at the Defense Ministry, and Maj. Gen. Ivan Popov, a former commander who last year criticized Russia’s military leaders for their management of the war, also have been detained.

While the scandal, the biggest to hit the Russian military in years, signals a major effort to tackle the chronic corruption surrounding lucrative military contracts, it also threatens to open another fracture within Russia’s security establishment with the war in Ukraine at a critical point.

Russian President Vladimir Putin conducted a surprise reshuffle of the military leadership after his inauguration earlier this month, when he replaced Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, a longtime ally, with economist Andrei Belousov. His appointment was widely seen as an attempt to streamline Russia’s war economy, focusing its resources on the military and combating graft in military spending.

The purge might not be over soon either, with state news agency TASS reporting Thursday that more people might be implicated in the Shamarin case.

“For Putin, the government reshuffle is a time to bring order as the war will be long and Russia will need resources,” said Abbas Gallyamov, a Putin speechwriter-turned-government critic. “After the removal of Shoigu the dam that was holding the water was broken and the flood started.”

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov on Thursday denied that the arrests were a coordinated effort. “The fight against corruption is a continuous effort, not a campaign,” he told reporters.

The scandal comes as Russian forces have regained the initiative in Ukraine in the past few months, steadily chipping away at the country’s defenses, including in their assault on the northeastern Kharkiv region.

Russian troops and armored vehicles poured over the border earlier this month, part of a push to draw Ukrainian troops from other fronts in the east and threaten the regional capital of Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city. Russia has seized a handful of villages so far and Putin has said that Moscow aims to create a buffer zone along the border.

Shamarin, who now faces up to 15 years in prison, is a deputy to Valery Gerasimov, the head of Russia’s general staff. Putin said last week that he didn’t plan any changes to the general staff because “combat work” was going successfully.

Shamarin is accused of receiving a bribe of 36 million rubles, equivalent to about $400,000, the Russian Investigative Committee said. Investigators froze Shamarin’s real estate, assets and bank accounts, TASS reported. Shamarin has denied the charges.

Shamarin has held the post of head of the Main Communications Directorate of the Armed Forces since he became acting head in 2020. The department’s tasks include organizing the functioning of communications and automated control systems in the armed forces, as well as monitoring communications security.

His detention follows that of Popov, who created a furor in Russia last year after accusing military leaders of “decapitating the army in its hardest and most difficult moment.” In an audio message to troops, Popov said he was ousted for telling the truth to defense chiefs, including Gerasimov.

Popov’s message echoed the criticism, often issued in vitriolic audio messages, by the late Yevgeny Prigozhin, owner of paramilitary group Wagner, whose troops seized the Russian city of Rostov and marched on Moscow last year. The warlord was later assassinated in what The Wall Street Journal has reported to be a hit put in motion at the highest levels of the Kremlin.

With the Popov case, “Putin wants to show to other generals that this is punishable behavior, that loyalty is key,” Gallyamov said.

Popov, who is known by his call sign Spartacus and who referred to his troops as gladiators, was arrested on suspicion of fraud and has appealed his arrest and maintained his innocence, according to his lawyer, cited by TASS.

Meanwhile, on Thursday, a military court denied the appeal of Kuznetsov, who was arrested last week on bribery charges.

And Ivanov, a Shoigu ally who was responsible for the construction and maintenance of military infrastructure across Russia and arranged the billeting of troops at army bases inside Russia and in occupied Ukraine, also remains in detention. His appeal was rejected earlier this month.

Kate Vtorygina contributed to this article.

Write to Georgi Kantchev at [email protected]

https://www.wsj.com/world/russia/fourth-top-russian-defense-official-detained-as-purge-of-military-leadership-expands-589420b9

---------------------------------------------------
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Good watch. It is a couple days old, but check it out if you haven't seen it. Showcases the work of FPV drone pilots, and the scale of the drone effort.

Darwin’s War | Inside the secret bunker of Ukraine’s ace FPV drone pilot

Also just got a preview of our support patches. These will be available soon and will go towards unit needs/equipment/tools. Shipping out to me tomorrow. I will send them back to the USA very soon with a regular patch shipment.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
Good watch. It is a couple days old, but check it out if you haven't seen it. Showcases the work of FPV drone pilots, and the scale of the drone effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WipqeFgzdTc

Also just got a preview of our support patches. These will be available soon and will go towards unit needs/equipment/tools. Shipping out to me tomorrow. I will send them back to the USA very soon with a regular patch shipment.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20240523_130018_188_3_jpg-3221746.JPG
View Quote

I know you have shown us how/where to purchase these items before,  but can you do again?  I'll be happy to buy one!
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Russian T-90M, survived 3 drone hits, new armor worked #tank #army #shorts

The American-made Humvee after an encounter with a RussianFPV drone #warinukraine #russia #shorts
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#35]
S-400 intercept of ATACMS. 100% interception

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/1czed3k/strike_with_atacms_ballistic_missiles_on/

BDA video: https://www.reddit.com/r/UkraineWarVideoReport/comments/1cyscul/results_of_yesterday_atacms_strike_in_donetsk/

Command post: https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fdrx88zzoi62d1.jpeg%3Fwidth%3D1280%26format%3Dpjpg%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3Ddce182f329c94974a6fa41337598515ff391c650

Radar: https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fwcvhengvi62d1.jpeg%3Fwidth%3D1280%26format%3Dpjpg%26auto%3Dwebp%26s%3Dded0968424ac4a60d65be0a385bb061a36bf5afc
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

I know you have shown us how/where to purchase these items before,  but can you do again?  I'll be happy to buy one!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DPeacher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WipqeFgzdTc

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20240523_130018_188_3_jpg-3221746.JPG

Yes sir. It will take a few weeks to get these back. I'll make a post here when they get to the USA.

https://spe-tactical-surplus.com/

@DPeacher
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Paratroopers uncovered the position of the Khokhlyat SAU 2S1 “Gvozdika” near Nikiforovka and worked on it UAV ZALA Lancet, the result of the explosive attack.

The exquisite precision of drone operators, in close conjunction with reconnaissance, left no chance for the Ukrainians:

Belarusian volunteers from "Terror" battalion carry out mining and remote detonation of the bridge to prevent a potential Russian advance.

Bradley, under fire, evacuates the crew of another vehicle, which was hit and saved the lives of the soldiers

47th Mechanized Brigade repels a Russian attack in the Pokrovsk direction:

Airstrike On a Russian Outpost in Yasinuvata

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Yeah I miss this thread as a source of info. I clicked on it when the missile hit the other morning and then remembered the other thread. Didn't even bother, and went to the local telegram to see what was going on.

I think that box ships for $100+  It certainly isn't cheap.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fisherman:
There's a lot of stuff to wade through on the mega thread and some of it is not of some much interest so I keep coming here and will. Not the only one.

Approx how much does it cost to ship that USPS flat rate box to Ukraine? No biggie if you would rather not say.

Yeah I miss this thread as a source of info. I clicked on it when the missile hit the other morning and then remembered the other thread. Didn't even bother, and went to the local telegram to see what was going on.

I think that box ships for $100+  It certainly isn't cheap.

I'll say this in the open, so Easterner knows, and for everyone's understanding of the situation in Ukraine.

That is 100% on me, no matter what thread I'm posting in. The air attacks, whether Shahed, missile, or FAB, are happening almost all the time. Alarms in some areas of Ukraine are going as much as 16 hours a day. There is always something.

Since it would be a full time job to keep up coverage of all things air threat, I MIGHT track a really big one, but even then it's...draining.

And if it's draining to even track it in real time, think what it's like to live it.

S U

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:59:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#39]
Originally Posted By Prime:

I'll say this in the open, so Easterner knows, and for everyone's understanding of the situation in Ukraine.

That is 100% on me, no matter what thread I'm posting in. The air attacks, whether Shahed, missile, or FAB, are happening almost all the time. Alarms in some areas of Ukraine are going as much as 16 hours a day. There is always something.

Since it would be a full time job to keep up coverage of all things air threat, I MIGHT track a really big one, but even then it's...draining.

And if it's draining to even track it in real time, think what it's like to live it.

S U

View Quote

I get it brother, I should have elaborated more. Honestly things have escalated a lot over the last couple months. There was a period when an attack would come a few times a month. Obviously much easier to notice and keep up. I myself used to post a lot more of the happenings because they were less frequent.

Areas like Kharkiv oblast are getting smashed daily. I have a bad feeling they will continue to do this in an effort to "erase" Kharkiv oblast. They are obviously struggling to advance, and are taking very heavy losses. Defending is much less a problem than leaving positions and trying to advance. None of us here expect this to be over quickly. Morale is still high and teams that do work with drones, mortars, and EOD/Sappers are doing a very good job inflicting casualties.

If you guys want this thread to continue, post articles, info, and keep it on topic with this conflict.

Thanks Prime. I don't expect you to do it all, nor do I expect any one poster to do all the work. Group effort, but some local Telegram channels have the breaking info. You guys can follow them, but you will quickly see how much info is flooding in.

Such as:

https://t.me/+xz3OO6doFbM4NTli,https://t.me/kharkivlife

https://t.me/kharkiv_1654

I usually copy and paste the posts in a translator. We literally get info on attacks as they are happening and down to "here comes a rocket".
I miss the days when this site was the source, because things were that much slower.

Thanks everyone
@Prime
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#40]

I get it brother, I should have elaborated more. Honestly things have escalated a lot over the last couple months. There was a period when an attack would come a few times a month. Obviously much easier to notice and keep up. I myself used to post a lot more of the happenings because they were less frequent.

Areas like Kharkiv oblast are getting smashed daily. I have a bad feeling they will continue to do this in an effort to "erase" Kharkiv oblast. They are obviously struggling to advance, and are taking very heavy losses. Defending is much less a problem than leaving positions and trying to advance. None of us here expect this to be over quickly. Morale is still high and teams that do work with drones, mortars, and EOD/Sappers are doing a very good job inflicting casualties.

If you guys want this thread to continue, post articles, info, and keep it on topic with this conflict.

Thanks Prime. I don't expect you to do it all, nor do I expect any one poster to do all the work. Group effort, but some local Telegram channels have the breaking info. You guys can follow them, but you will quickly see how much info is flooding in.

Such as:

I usually copy and paste the posts in a translator. We literally get info on attacks as they are happening and down to "here comes a rocket".
I miss the days when this site was the source, because things were that much slower.

Thanks everyone
@Prime
View Quote

You don't owe me any of that, I get where you're coming from. Just realized we haven't been particularly helpful to you lately.

Russia's gonna take their day out on Kharkiv, it'll be part of their buffer zone when they're done with it. It does seem like the administration understands that the existence of Kharkiv depends on certain policy decisions, in an election year. They might yet be convinced to do the right thing.

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:04:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#41]

You don't owe me any of that, I get where you're coming from. Just realized we haven't been particularly helpful to you lately.

Russia's gonna take their day out on Kharkiv, it'll be part of their buffer zone when they're done with it. It does seem like the administration understands that the existence of Kharkiv depends on certain policy decisions, in an election year. They might yet be convinced to do the right thing.

View All Quotes

Such as:

Thanks everyone
@Prime

The war is always evolving and new threats arise. You guys have been very helpful to us. Never think otherwise. Whether it has been a place to vent, ask for information, advice, or for help... You guys have always been there.

A couple of the guys and I spent the day bar crawling but staying level headed. It's nice for us all to finally have some time to sit down, decompress, and have a relaxing day together. They even came and had dinner with the wife to be, her daughter, and I. They already moved on to enjoy their days off as they explore other cities in Ukraine. We all look forward to the days when we can share a drink with any of you guys that want to come celebrate the end of this war.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 5:24:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Just picked these up. They look great!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:04:28 AM EDT
[#43]
In case you missed it. Eurovision wasn't a first place win, but Ukraine was well represented with some good music. There has been an amazing effort by Ukrainian artists to put out patriotic music that has real meaning to it. Many of these songs hit you "in the feels" when you live this every day. My girl loves Ukrainian music now compared to before this escalation.

With English subtitles
alyona alyona & Jerry Heil - Teresa & Maria | Eurovision 2024 | SOCIAL VIDEO

Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#44]
In case you missed it. Eurovision wasn't a first place win, but Ukraine was well represented with some good music. There has been an amazing effort by Ukrainian artists to put out patriotic music that has real meaning to it. Many of these songs hit you "in the feels" when you live this every day. My girl loves Ukrainian music now compared to before this escalation.

With English subtitles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFkuLfA9E_c
View Quote

Outstanding
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:21:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#45]
Well it looks like things continue to be a nightmare in Kharkiv. I don't have all the details yet, but they struck an Epicenter (like a Home Depot). Several people dead. It's a Saturday so probably lots of people inside.

Attachment Attached File

Kharkiv Life |  Kharkiv 🇺🇦:
❗️ Paint and other chemicals may start to burn due to an impact on the construction hypermarket

All residents of Kharkiv, who are close to the place of the fire, should close their windows and remove children from the street.

Keep yourselves!

Send news to @Kharkiv_Lifebot
👉 SUBSCRIBE

Explosion!

👉 SUBSCRIBE

Stay in shelters!

👉 SUBSCRIBE

Activity of launchers in BNR!

👉 SUBSCRIBE

There could be about 200 people inside, - the mayor

👉 SUBSCRIBE

Another blow just hit Central Park.  Information about victims and destruction is being clarified, - the mayor

👉 SUBSCRIBE

Russia delivered another brutal blow to our Kharkiv – to the construction hypermarket – on Saturday, just in the middle of the day, - the President

As of now, it is known that more than 200 people could be in the hypermarket.  All services are already on site providing assistance - rescuing people and extinguishing the fire, which completely engulfed the premises, 10,000 square meters.  m. It is known about the dead and wounded.

Every day we appeal to the world: give us air defense, save people.  Every support decision not taken is a loss of our people.

👉 SUBSCRIBE

⚡️Approximately 15 employees of the construction hypermarket do not get in touch, - the mayor with reference to the words of the store director

👉 SUBSCRIBE

❗️ Updated information regarding the shelling of a construction hypermarket in Kharkiv in broad daylight, - HOVA

Hitting of 2 KABs was recorded.

2 people died.

24 people were injured.

Several hundred people could be in the middle.

Profile services on site.  All victims are being assisted.  Information is being updated.

Not a single military facility nearby!

Video of fire fighters working inside:
https://t.me/kharkivlife/86033
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

The same thing that happens to Ukrainian media in Russian Occupied territories is happening here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Leopard 2A6 Tank Loaded on A Truck Trailer is on its Way to Moscow

Footage from Pletenyevka village, taken by Russians:

Osa-AKM SAM systems reliably cover Russian troops:

“Lancets” scrapped another batch of AFU equipment:

Ukrainian Drones Flying into Russian Bunkers:

Ukrainian pilots in France and the French combat training aircraft Alpha Jet:

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quick side note, did I just find one of those stupid padded seat things the Russians are always wearing for riding in the BMP’s?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:
Quick side note, did I just find one of those stupid padded seat things the Russians are always wearing for riding in the BMP’s?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/355044/IMG_2202_jpeg-3224182.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/355044/IMG_2203_jpeg-3224184.JPG
View Quote

Sure looks like it. The Ukrainians issue these at supply as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By nraheston:

Ukrainian pilots in France and the French combat training aircraft Alpha Jet:

View Quote

Would be nice if France donated their entire Mirage 2000C fleet they just retired, and those Mirage 2000-9s from Greece were bought and given to Ukraine. They can go from the Alpha Jet to the Mirage since they're already training in France.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5589 of 5590)
Top Top