BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By madmathew:
Fort Knox, KY where they filmed part of Stripes, Devil's Tower, WY from Close Encounters and there are some parts of Savannah, GA in Forrest Gump.
View Quote

I went through the Czech border before they used it. There was a security guard there to make sure nobody messed with it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
YUP!  I drink there once a week.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up in DC in the 80’s.

We used to trick or treat around the Exorcist stairs every year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty sure I’ve been where Dirty Mike and the Boys had sex in that Prius.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I've been diving where the sunken boat in the "Replacements" is at Lake Phoenix in Virginia.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MedmanKS] [#6]
Originally Posted By ShortyAK:
Many times in different parts of L.A. and San Diego. Also off-roading in the SoCal deserts has put me on locations of countless car/truck commercials.
View Quote

This.
Also, they filmed the burning neighborhood shootout in Lethal Weapon 3 100 yards from the house I was renting at the time.
Crazy to hear machine gun fire and see explosions basically in your front yard.

ETA: Also lived on Edwards AFB. Tons of movies and shows shot scenes there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I partied on the beach where a scene with the islanders were filmed for the original Mutiny On the Bounty on a atoll off of Bora Bora.  Camped at a winter camp film location for Dances With Wolves in South Dakota. Been to Devils Tower.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Rogue-Sasquatch:
I live in the town where they filmed Twin Peaks.
View Quote

I’ve been there a few times.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I was in the pool scene in campus man
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been to South Park, CO

🤣🤣

Nothing like the cartoon.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I live near the cabin in the start of shawshank  redemption.   Malabar farm Ohio
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The Horse Whisperer movie with Robert Redford was filmed on some relatives land in MT.

They built the farmhouse shown in the movie and covered up the existing house that's there. The house they built is just a shell nothing more. The cabin they show across the river is real though.

Beautiful property with fantastic trout fishing.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BillythePoet:

@electrojk
That's the same location we watched! Louie Mueller was a weekly meal with my grandparents and it will always be my favorite. I remember them mentioning Heartbreak Hotel being shot, but I never watched it. Got to see one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacres near Round Rock I think. I was pretty young then though. Definitely check out Blood Simple.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By electrojk:
Pretty much every scene in this movie, including the swimming hole which I'm not allowed to post, lol. I got to see some of the shoots for The Hot Spot and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160767/1000004463_jpg-3200140.JPG

I grew up in and around Travis and Williamson Counties, which have been featured in a ton of movies even when not counting Austin itself. Lots of historic downtown areas which made for good scenery in the 80s and 90s. Blood Simple hits me with massive nostalgia every time I see the scenes around Hutto.

@BillythePoet
I forgot all about The Hot Spot, got to watch them film some scenes at the car lot set they built on 2nd street next Louie Mueller's.

I'm going to have to watch Blood Simple now to see how many places I recognize. I have never heard of the movie which is surprising since I've lived in Hutto for most of my 46 years.  

Do you remember the movie Heartbreak Hotel that was filmed in/around Taylor in the late 80s? They filmed a scene right by my cousins house off of CR101/Hwy 79 of the characters walking in the field between the big power lines.

@electrojk
That's the same location we watched! Louie Mueller was a weekly meal with my grandparents and it will always be my favorite. I remember them mentioning Heartbreak Hotel being shot, but I never watched it. Got to see one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacres near Round Rock I think. I was pretty young then though. Definitely check out Blood Simple.

I looked up the filming locations for Blood Simple. My house is in the area where they filmed the burial in the field.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Been to a ton, but mostly accidentally stumbled upon them, really, not a huge movie buff:

From the James Bond collection:

Walking in the footsteps of Connery in Istanbul ("From Russia with Love", underground boat scene in the Cistens)

Ready to duel with Moore in Thailand ("Man With The Golden Gun", Scaramanga's Island lair scene.)

Bonus Star Wars reference, strolling with Anakin Skywalker and Queen Padmé on the planet Naboo. ("Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones", Theed Palace, aka Plaza de España, Seville, Spain):

Side story, no pics: A long time ago, when I was in college in D.C., I really wanted a burrito from this place in Georgetown. Walked all the way there from my apartment. Darn M Street & Wisconsin was all blocked off, police lines don't cross, etc. – someone's filming some movie. I'm like "Forget that: I want to get to the restaurant on the *other* side of that street", so I ducked under the police tape, ran through the movie set, just as they went quiet-on-set, and then Schwartznegger walked through traffic in "True Lies" before the shootout-in-the-bathrooms of Georgetown Park mall scene. I enjoyed my chow and watched him do his thing from the window of Burrito Bros. (Which is just down the road from the famous "Exorcist Steps", so maybe that's a twofer for me, but I've never seen the Exorcist.)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Yup lots of places on Fort Knox where Stripes was filmed
View Quote

Was there summer before last.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#18]
There are many locations in Culver City. I guess the most famous is the Wizard of Oz... but Gone with the Wind is up there. I also am close to a Bruce Lee residence.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#19]
A buncha times.

Example: Dozens of westerns were filmed in the Alabama Hills, west of Lone Pine, CA, in the eastern Sierra.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I've never intentionally gone to a movie set location, but having lived in New Orleans, I have been to many places where movies and TV shows were filmed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:36:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: L_JE] [#21]
Originally Posted By Sparkvark:

I'm pretty sure it is unless I pulled the wrong picture off my phone..  it's the hike from Mannlichen to the train station at Kliene Scheidegg where you can take the train back down to Wegen
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By L_JE:

But, that's not the Eiger.

I'm pretty sure it is unless I pulled the wrong picture off my phone..  it's the hike from Mannlichen to the train station at Kliene Scheidegg where you can take the train back down to Wegen
The Eiger is a really, really steep face, as seen from town.   On average, a very dark face.  Sinister.

On the French scale, the Eiger Nordwand is
F PD AD D TD ED ABO

The photo you posted looks more like
F PD AD D TD ED ABO
[if that's the north aspect of that particular mountain]

ETA:
Found it.  The Monk.

The Oger, the Monk and the Maiden

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#22]
So there was this barn, see?  And there was this fella they called Mr Hands. Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#23]
The Bradbury is beautiful.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Completely by accident.

Was down in the keys when they were filming True Lies . Didn't see any actual filming but there were dozens of parking lots with Harrier jets , trucks and cranes and storage containers all over the place.

At first I didn't have a clue but newspapers were full of people bitching about traffic when they were filming . Little of the chase scenes were on public roads , mostly on abandoned sections of highway/bridge trestles .

Sometime later I made sure to see the movie. Kind of stupid in many ways but quite entertaining.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm in "Jerry McQuire"
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#26]
When my wife and I were creatures of NYC we used to live near and eat at Tom’s Restaurant often aka Monk’s Diner from Seinfeld. It’s not great but convenient quick service and good enough
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#27]

I looked up the filming locations for Blood Simple. My house is in the area where they filmed the burial in the field.
View All Quotes
Pretty much every scene in this movie, including the swimming hole which I'm not allowed to post, lol. I got to see some of the shoots for The Hot Spot and What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/160767/1000004463_jpg-3200140.JPG

I grew up in and around Travis and Williamson Counties, which have been featured in a ton of movies even when not counting Austin itself. Lots of historic downtown areas which made for good scenery in the 80s and 90s. Blood Simple hits me with massive nostalgia every time I see the scenes around Hutto.

@BillythePoet
I forgot all about The Hot Spot, got to watch them film some scenes at the car lot set they built on 2nd street next Louie Mueller's.

I'm going to have to watch Blood Simple now to see how many places I recognize. I have never heard of the movie which is surprising since I've lived in Hutto for most of my 46 years.  

Do you remember the movie Heartbreak Hotel that was filmed in/around Taylor in the late 80s? They filmed a scene right by my cousins house off of CR101/Hwy 79 of the characters walking in the field between the big power lines.

@electrojk

You gotta watch it now
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I live in the area where Jaws 2 was filmed so I end up taking visiting guests to the places certain scenes were filmed, Amity Town hall, Dead Killer whale on beach, Scuba diving/Lobster boat in Destin ect.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kel:
Been to a ton, but mostly accidentally stumbled upon them, really, not a huge movie buff:

From the James Bond collection:

Walking in the footsteps of Connery in Istanbul ("From Russia with Love", underground boat scene in the Cistens)
https://i.imgur.com/sZHzsRJ.jpeg

Ready to duel with Moore in Thailand ("Man With The Golden Gun", Scaramanga's Island lair scene.)
https://i.imgur.com/Jyf0wz6.jpeg

Bonus Star Wars reference, strolling with Anakin Skywalker and Queen Padmé on the planet Naboo. ("Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones", Theed Palace, aka Plaza de España, Seville, Spain):
https://i.imgur.com/Ig17oFm.jpeg

Side story, no pics: A long time ago, when I was in college in D.C., I really wanted a burrito from this place in Georgetown. Walked all the way there from my apartment. Darn M Street & Wisconsin was all blocked off, police lines don't cross, etc. – someone's filming some movie. I'm like "Forget that: I want to get to the restaurant on the *other* side of that street", so I ducked under the police tape, ran through the movie set, just as they went quiet-on-set, and then Schwartznegger walked through traffic in "True Lies" before the shootout-in-the-bathrooms of Georgetown Park mall scene. I enjoyed my chow and watched him do his thing from the window of Burrito Bros. (Which is just down the road from the famous "Exorcist Steps", so maybe that's a twofer for me, but I've never seen the Exorcist.)
View Quote

Huh.  I was in Seville, Spain.  I can't remember if we went to the Plaza de Espana, though.  I'll have to look back through some of my pictures.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#30]
The mirador where the climactic scene in Suddenly, Last Summer  was filmed.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Sharon Train Station in Friends of Eddie Coyle.  Use to get run out of the parking lot all the time drinking there as a youth.

Extra in "The Firm" They were looking for locals who looked like lawyers, and well, got in three scenes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I used to live in the town where part of Edward Scissorhands was filmed.  The beauty shop in the movie was actually a donut shop.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been in Pompillio's restaurant in Newport, Ky. They filmed some scenes from Rainman there. There was an annoying movie filmed in Ludlow, Ky. They kept shutting down the main road for filming. In the 1920's, Ludlow was known as Hollywood East because they made a bunch of movies there.
While not a movie, i cannot believe none of you listed Knob Creek where Guntucky was filmed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
The Equilizer 2 with Denzel Washington was filmed in Marshfield (Brant Rock) MA.
I have several customers I service and would see the film crew and setup regularly. One day Denzel was there and saw him talking with someone.

Some Adam Sandler movies were filmed on Cape Cod where I grew up.

Freddy Prince Jr. and several others filmed Summer Catch in Chatham, MA.

The Perfect Storm with Mark Whalberg filmed in Gloucester.

Several others but  too lazy to look them up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ShortyAK:
Many times in different parts of L.A. and San Diego. Also off-roading in the SoCal deserts has put me on locations of countless car/truck commercials.
View Quote

Funny when you go to Ocean Beach on the boardwalk were on TV they show hot tan chicks in bikinis on roller blades but in real life it's homeless bums with dried puke in their beards begging for money.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By smarquez:
Downtown Covina, CA, where the TV show Roswell was filmed. I lived in Covina and West Covina so downtown was pretty familiar. The theatre there showed the Rocky Horror Picture Show every weekend for years.
Los Angeles County Fire Station 127 which is the fictional Station 51 from Emergency.
Empire State Building.
Indian Dunes Motorcycle Park in the late 70s early 80s where the Baa Baa Black Sheep set was. Along with lots of other Vietnam era show sets were. Most notoriously, this was where the helicopter crash that killed Vic Morrow and 2 kids on the Twilight Zone movie happened. It's all farm land now.
Puente Hills Mall where Back To The Future was filmed for the parking lot scene.
View Quote

My wife is from La Puente. She worked at Robinson’s in the Puente Hills Mall.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#37]
The Eiger is a really, really steep face, as seen from town.   On average, a very dark face.  Sinister.

F PD AD D TD ED ABO

F PD AD D TD ED ABO

ETA:
Found it.  The Monk.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/M%C3%A4nnlichen.jpg
View All Quotes

But, that's not the Eiger.

F PD AD D TD ED ABO

F PD AD D TD ED ABO

ETA:
Found it.  The Monk.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bc/M%C3%A4nnlichen.jpg

Let me find another picture.  I believe I have the Eiger ,Moch and Jungfrau together.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I live in Cincinnati, so I know parts of Rain Man, Milk Money, Elizabethtown, and Eight Men Out were filmed here.

Milk Money was actually shot in the elementary school that my kids attended
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Mobilty6:
I was in the pool scene in campus man
View Quote

My ex-wife and I were extras in the film Remember the Titans with Denzel Washington during one of the football scenes at Palding High School in Dallas, Georgia. We found out through one of her friends they were looking for people to fill the bleachers, we showed up and got $50 each. We were there for a few hours IIRC. It was interesting to see the whole process.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#40]
One of my great uncles was part owner of Pompilio's in Newport, KY. They filmed the toothpick counting scene in Rainman there. Lots of memorabilia on the wall from Hoffman and Cruise.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#41]
i occasionally drive past Mr. Dutton's house.

125 Appaloosa Trail, Darby, MT 59829

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
i occasionally drive past Mr. Dutton's house.

125 Appaloosa Trail, Darby, MT 59829

View Quote

Just looked up the owner out of curiosity. Looks like he made his money on Subway franchises in Missouri. Sold off a bunch then bought the ranch in 2013. Impressive.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#43]
The school where the filmed "Dead Poets Society" is right down the street from my mom's house.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Angus- filmed in my kid's high school
Grumpy Old Men - Wabasha MN
Dante's Peak - Wallace ID
Jingle All the Way- various locations in twin Cities.
Joe Somebody - Medtronic cafeteria in Fridley MN
San Francisco - a lot of movies
Terminator 2 - the office blown up was a few miles from my home in Fremont CA
Star Trek Voyage home - Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
Close Encounters - Devil's Tower
Lots of old westerns - Columbia CA
Several movies at the Fontanbleu hotel Miami
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:45:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: John-G] [#45]
Watched them filming Borne chase session with the Swat truck on Vegas main drag.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Just looked up the owner out of curiosity. Looks like he made his money on Subway franchises in Missouri. Sold off a bunch then bought the ranch in 2013. Impressive.
View Quote
you don't like your cold cut combo?

send Rip.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xmission] [#47]
Was just watching cousin Vinny. I've been to the sac-o-suds.

Also the bridge jump in smokey and the bandit.

Also, some actor ate pudding on the porch roof of my house in the walking dead.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BobP:
Angus- filmed in my kid's high school
Grumpy Old Men - Wabasha MN
Dante's Peak - Wallace ID
Jingle All the Way- various locations in twin Cities.
Joe Somebody - Medtronic cafeteria in Fridley MN
San Francisco - a lot of movies
Terminator 2 - the office blown up was a few miles from my home in Fremont CA
Star Trek Voyage home - Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
Close Encounters - Devil's Tower
Lots of old westerns - Columbia CA
Several movies at the Fontanbleu hotel Miami
View Quote

Don’t forget Untamed Heart with Marisa Tomei and Christian Slater.  Pretty good movie, set in the Twin Cities.

They shot in Mpls and St Paul.  Very recognizable places to a local.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By xmission:

Also, some actor ate pudding on the porch roof of my house in the walking dead.
View Quote

Seriously ????

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quite a few of the locations for Mad Max. Drove by the diner at the start where Goose takes off. The underground parking that they showed Max the Interceptor was the south carpark for Melbourne University.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top