Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:
From my interactions I’ve learned that people who don’t trust ANYONE, are they themselves not to be trusted.  It’s as if they project to not trust them.

The next one will be controversial. People who hate cats.  I get not liking cats or having allergies but, a deep hatred is not to be trusted.  
Anyone else experience others like this?
View Quote

My wife is allergic to cats, pretty bad too.  We had a ton of cats growing up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
People who don't know the difference between loose and lose and then cry about being judged for their grammar. Maybe stop being retarded.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:
People who say, “trust me, I’m a Christian.”

Now, before I get a rash of shit, I’m not saying that Christians are not trustworthy, I’m saying that those who open with letting you know how “Christian “ they are are trying to lull you into foolish trust.  

“My word is my bond” is also a red flag. Get it in writing.
View Quote

Yep, in my experience people who say that they are a Christian without prompting are often obviously meth addicts.

And everyone I ever knew who said that their word was their bond turned out to be a backstabber.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By zach_:

+1
The harder they thump their Bible, the less I trust them.
View Quote

Agreed

Counts for online interactions, too.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Politicians, salesmen, preachers... They are all basically the same thing anyway.
View Quote

I think many of the preachers actually believe the lies they are peddling.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
No offense to Christians, but businesses that put it out there as a reason to do business with them have come up short for me every time.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth!  There is a plumbing company in town that has a Christian name and their ads and website are holier than thou.  Their prices are off the scale compared to the already high prices around the area.  Half the people here are old as fuck and fall for that shit all the time. I am sure some Christian will come along and make some rationale as to why it is "god's work" to charge 50% more than anyone else for the same thing but I could throw back the whole "camel and eye of the needle" thing back at them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BombCrater:

Ain't that the truth!  There is a plumbing company in town that has a Christian name and their ads and website are holier than thou.  Their prices are off the scale compared to the already high prices around the area.  Half the people here are old as fuck and fall for that shit all the time. I am sure some Christian will come along and make some rationale as to why it is "god's work" to charge 50% more than anyone else for the same thing but I could throw back the whole "camel and eye of the needle" thing back at them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
No offense to Christians, but businesses that put it out there as a reason to do business with them have come up short for me every time.

Well, they need to charge more because 10% off the top goes to the church, of course...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Politicians, salesmen, preachers... They are all basically the same thing anyway.
View Quote

Salesman that preach. Flash the Bible with one hand, snag your wallet with the other.

Have yet to meet a "Godly" salesman that wasn't crooked.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#9]
From my interactions I’ve learned that people who don’t trust ANYONE, are they themselves not to be trusted.  It’s as if they project to not trust them.

The next one will be controversial. People who hate cats.  I get not liking cats or having allergies but, a deep hatred is not to be trusted.  
View Quote

Well, the Biblical argument is that we are commanded specifically NOT to trust in ourselves OR anyone in this world.

Therefore, it would follow that anyone that DOES trust anyone is inherently NOT trustworthy.

However, since "I dont trust Christians" is the right answer in this thread, I'll just stick with "I don't trust Christians" because if you think about it, that actually IS the right answer (along with "I dont trust anyone"....which makes ME untrustworthy...AND I AM ALERGIC TO CATS....SO I think I just tore a hole in time or something..."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LifeObservations:
People who don't know the difference between loose and lose and then cry about being judged for their grammar. Maybe stop being retarded.
View Quote

Go get loost ya big looser!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Had the exact experience with a supposedly Christian plumbing company too. All but one of their techs at the site cursed frequently.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Men who wear white sunglasses

Men who wear flat brimmed hats

Men who put their penises in other mens buttholes

Men who hold their phone in front of them like it was a small serving tray and talk on speaker phone for the whole world to hear their stupid conversation

Men who put rubber mock testicles on the back of their vehicles

Men who listen to Nickelback

Men who’s spouse have hyphenated last names

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:

Yep, in my experience people who say that they are a Christian without prompting are often obviously meth addicts.

And everyone I ever knew who said that their word was their bond turned out to be a backstabber.
View Quote

Yeah, "My word is my bond" sounds like what police would call a convincing statement. Same with being overly holy/righteous or laying on too many compliments. all a form of manipulation to get something or deceive later
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Anybody that has ever said "I don't get mad. I get even."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#15]

+1
View All Quotes

+1

I tend to agree as a man with a ton of faith. I know who my brothers are by their words, actions and deeds. If you wear it on your sleeve…my suspicion goes up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Men who wear those sunglasses that are darker at the top of the lense, open shirt with gold chains and that fucking Musk cologne.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Men who wear white sunglasses

Men who wear flat brimmed hats

Men who put their penises in other mens buttholes

Men who hold their phone in front of them like it was a small serving tray and talk on speaker phone for the whole world to hear their stupid conversation

Men who put rubber mock testicles on the back of their vehicles

Men who listen to Nickelback

Men who’s spouse have hyphenated last names

View Quote

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By highstepper:
Democrats.

Anyone who believes in and supports the Dem agenda has no judgement or morals and therefore cannot be trusted.

Also, Never_Trumpers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#19]
anyone who calls me 'boss'.

anyone who use mister in front of you first name.

anyone who shows up at my front door that i dont know.

anyone who i dont know who approaches in a parking lot.

but i find it necessary to not trust anyone absolutely, even myself.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By st0newall:
anyone who calls me 'boss'.

anyone who use mister in front of you first name.

anyone who shows up at my front door that i dont know.

anyone who i dont know who approaches in a parking lot.

but i find it necessary to not trust anyone absolutely, even myself.
View Quote
Seems to be an Asian thing in my experience
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone who's trying to sell you something or ask you for something should 100% not be 100% trusted.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#22]

View All Quotes

After being burned several times, I quit doing work for churches. I have seldom had a church pay their complete invoice. One asshole took (stole) his church bus from our parking lot with 50% due on a $5k+ job. Most unpaid jobs were service calls to unfuck large classroom audio systems that their parishioners installed. Several were jobs where we were given an alleged purchase order number that didn't exist.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Scalped:
Latina nurses
College chicks of Indian (dot) descent with a strict xenophobic family who's on a rebound
Colombian girls who like Tool whose family fled the cartels

Yeah, don't ask
View Quote

That just begs for the question: which one of those was responsible for your username?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ScottXD:

Salesman that preach. Flash the Bible with one hand, snag your wallet with the other.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScottXD:

One of many salesman that I worked with at one point got caught stealing. His excuse was that he needed the money to attend a local famous TV preacher's school on "how to become a TV preacher". No bullshit!! He said that to our employer in front of a store full of employees.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jcduchock:
Never trust ANY agents of the government
View Quote

-that's likely the most true one I've read thus far.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#26]
People who breathe cannot be trusted 100%
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mancat:
I think there are a lot of dudes who hate cats as a programmed behavior

Like cats = not manly
View Quote
I don't hate them.

I don't like them either.  They are assholes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Molasses:

That just begs for the question: which one of those was responsible for your username?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Molasses:
Originally Posted By Scalped:
Latina nurses
College chicks of Indian (dot) descent with a strict xenophobic family who's on a rebound
Colombian girls who like Tool whose family fled the cartels

Yeah, don't ask

That would be the IRS, sir.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Geez…it’s speld loosed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone who needs to discuss pronouns.

Anyone named Biden.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RAL:

When I hear someone say that they don't like cats I'll respond by saying "Do you know who else didn't like cats? Hitler. Hitler didn't like cats."

Though it's probably not true. Even Hitler most likely liked cats. Also Hitler had a girlfriend. So for all you single guys out there, remember even Hitler could get a woman.
View Quote

I worked with a guy who hated cats. so much so that he had bumper stickers on his truck that read, "Cat, the other white meat" and "If you're missing your cat look under my truck" and so much more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RAL:

When I hear someone say that they don't like cats I'll respond by saying "Do you know who else didn't like cats? Hitler. Hitler didn't like cats."

Though it's probably not true. Even Hitler most likely liked cats. Also Hitler had a girlfriend. So for all you single guys out there, remember even Hitler could get a woman.
View Quote

I worked with a guy who hated cats. so much so that he had bumper stickers on his truck that read, "Cat, the other white meat" and "If you're missing your cat look under my truck" and so much more.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#34]
People whose entire life and outlook is based off of one thing, any one thing - a hobby, a political belief, religious dogma, et al.

They're the worst.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By flippflopped:

Geez…it’s speld loosed.
View All Quotes

Geez…it’s speld loosed.

This has become glorious.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Any man whose first and last names, are both first names.

Also in general, but not always:

Mechanics
Priests
Defense attorneys
Medical “professionals”
ANYONE who works at a car dealership, including the janitor
Salesman
Beggars/Panhandlers

Im sure I will think of more
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#37]
I can't trust somebody who doesn't drink.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Trump made this sophomoric mistake, surprisingly. If he gets another shot, I suspect he will seek some retribution on a grand scale. I can’t say I blame him. Either way, we’ll never go back to any sense of normalcy, will we. I’m trying to figure out how this will go before Jesus returns, but I still can’t figure out who is who in their roles…but i enjoy contemplating.

I pinched my nose and voted for Trump twice, and will again. He’s likely a player in the end, keep that in mind.

The final trump in Revelation? Who knows.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Ranxerox911:
I can't trust somebody who doesn't drink.
View Quote

But then you do when they dd you back home
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I forgot the comedian but he said “never trust a man with two first name or wears flip flops.”
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't hate cats, but I'm very allergic so as a rule in not a fan, but my parents have a couple that are fun so idk
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 56xdx_Z] [#43]

Geez…it’s speld loosed.
View All Quotes

Geez…it’s speld loosed.

Sounds like some customers don't want him playing fast and loose with their rides at the service center / dealership
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caboose314] [#44]
In God I trust, all others must pay cash.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Milehi22:

View Quote

Probably a serial killer in his spare time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JWnTN:

Decades ago, an older acquaintance said not to trust the Ps: politicians, preachers, and painters.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JWnTN:

Decades ago, an older acquaintance said not to trust the Ps: politicians, preachers, and painters.

Like, house painters or portrait painters?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#47]
George Carlin - God Loves You, And He Needs Money!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Not exactly.

I don't trust people because they have proven the majority cannot even be trusted to arrive someplace on time. Why would I put trust in anything more important if people can't manage basic courtesy?

I make a point to not be that person therefore I make an active effort to do the best I can in the areas I can trust people the least.

Cats are assholes. I like cats but they are still assholes. You are your cat's slave.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Lawyers , never trust a lawyer .
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By highstepper:
Democrats.

Anyone who believes in and supports the Dem agenda has no judgement or morals and therefore cannot be trusted.

Also, Never_Trumpers.
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top