Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
After hearing GD bitch endlessly about Red Lobster, I went and had lunch at a nearby one last week. Hadn't been to one for years.

I had simple fish & chips, and it was pretty good. Place was clean with good service.

The server said they are rarely busy anymore, and there were few other customers there at that time. {1:00 in the afternoon}
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew they were finished when they bulldozed the first one on Lake Parker in Lakeland.  That place was killer.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been over 10 years since I ate at one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
From the story:

Despite record profits in 2020, which saw the chain's net income rise 38% in that year's fourth quarter resulting in record profits of $6.25 billion, the business has since suffered financial troubles.

and then

Red Lobster's Ultimate Endless Shrimp, now a $25 deal, successfully boosted the restaurant's traffic by roughly 4% last year, but simultaneously led to an operating loss of over $11 million during Q3 and $12.5 million in Q4.

Sooooo......even if you're losing $50M a year from this, you could do so basically forever based on making $6.25 BILLION DOLLARS just 4 years ago.

The endless shrimp bullshit is a smoke screen. Where did the money really go?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By flippflopped:
The only good thing about Red Lobster is when you see the sign it’s usually close to a better restaurant. Red Lobster sucks.

I don’t like fish though so I may be biased.
View Quote

you may be biased but youre not wrong

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocApocalypse] [#6]
This is only the beginning.  I'm betting that inflation, and the tendency of most restaurants to have raised their prices to crack-smoking levels, is going to cause a lot of chains to start closing their doors.  Cracker Barrel will probably be among the first.  Pizza Hut will be there too. Denny's probably on the shit list as well.  By the time the FJB regime is over, whether next year or in four more years, this will be a different country with only a handful of very expensive restaurants to eat at.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:
From the story:

Despite record profits in 2020, which saw the chain's net income rise 38% in that year's fourth quarter resulting in record profits of $6.25 billion, the business has since suffered financial troubles.

and then

Red Lobster's Ultimate Endless Shrimp, now a $25 deal, successfully boosted the restaurant's traffic by roughly 4% last year, but simultaneously led to an operating loss of over $11 million during Q3 and $12.5 million in Q4.

Sooooo......even if you're losing $50M a year from this, you could do so basically forever based on making $6.25 BILLION DOLLARS just 4 years ago.

View Quote

Where did the money go? She ate it.
Imagine 1000's of her at an endless buffet.. the place never had a chance.
Red Lobster Seafood Feast Mukbang (The Ultimate Feast & Lobster Lover's Dream) Cheddar Bay Biscuits!

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#9]
They used to have a bugaboo creek steak house next to our local red lobster growing up.

That place really slapped
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Southernman077:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-11-2022/PDNh5L.gif
View Quote

How can you have endless shrimp in a country taken over by the Free Shit Army?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By gtofan:
The greed around the rent for business I feel has taken the largest toll. Mall space rent is one, along with individual properties a close second. Sure hourly wages have really hit these businesses, but a little bit of rent and tax breaks would cure these closings.

When you have mall space rent that is over $10,000 per month on many stores, how do you stay in business?
View Quote

This.

Local Pizza and Wings place is for sale. $45k, nice looking facility. Rent is $9k.

Add in utilities, insurance, taxes, food costs, labor....

You'd have to do $30k+ a week in sales to make it worth it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JMO] [#12]
Started in Waycross ga…..the Green Frog…been many times
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Red Lobster is shit.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Last endless shrimp I indulged in at RL

The waitress took longer and longer to bring out more shrimp.

Pretty sure that was covert strategy to bounce me out of there. No pun intended.
View Quote

You endless Gluttons destroyed another legacy restaurant.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

You endless Gluttons destroyed another legacy restaurant.  
View Quote

What’s in the box???
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#16]
The greed around the rent for business I feel has taken the largest toll. Mall space rent is one, along with individual properties a close second. Sure hourly wages have really hit these businesses, but a little bit of rent and tax breaks would cure these closings.

When you have mall space rent that is over $10,000 per month on many stores, how do you stay in business?
View Quote

You lose a little on every sale - but make up for it with volume.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I had the endless shrimp back in January.

Three shrimp every fifteen minutes is not really what I had in mind
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]
First it was the Beef-a-roni shortage….

Now Red Lobsters are closing….

Pepper your angus’
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DocApocalypse:
This is only the beginning.  I'm betting that inflation, and the tendency of most restaurants to have raised their prices to crack-smoking levels, is going to cause a lot of chains to start closing their doors.  Cracker Barrel will probably be among the first.  Pizza Hut will be there too. Denny's probably on the shit list as well.  By the time the FJB regime is over, whether next year or in four more years, this will be a different country with only a handful of very expensive restaurants to eat at.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/271112/MCDONALDS_EASY_FINANCING_SIGN_jpg-3213533.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#21]
So it's dead lobster now I guess.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]

We pay for the experience
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Overpriced garbage that comes from the same place SeaPac makes their frozen shrimp and other crap.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 21usernamechecksout] [#24]
Good riddance. R.L. is nasty.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By akethan:
Ghetto lobster
View Quote

The Taco Bell of seafood.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:32:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bunchofmidgets:

DO NOT BRING WAFFLE HOUSE INTO THIS.

you fucking savage.
View Quote

Or White Castle. It’s for a more refined palate than RL.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Just think, now all those hungry and unhappy (non-tipping) patrons will be invading your favorite restaurants.

I mean, where dey gonna get dem fire Scrimps at, yo...
Ohh and don't forget the Prawns and Prickles...
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By P1pe:
https://www.the-sun.com/money/11355053/red-lobster-sale-endless-shrimp-bankruptcy/amp/

Endless Shrimp appears to have ended them
View Quote

Hold the fuck on:

2016: Thai Union Group pays $575 million for a 25% stake in the chain.
2020: Thai Union Group purchases a 49% majority stake in the chain from Golden Golden Gate Capital for an undisclosed amount of money and Red Lobster reports record-breaking profits, pulling in $6.5 billion for the year.
2023: Endless Shrimp becomes a permanent part of the menu.
2024: Red Lobster announces a $22 million loss for 2023. Majority shareholder Thai Union Group announces it's looking to sell its shares and reportedly begins considering Chapter 11 Bankruptcy for Red Lobster.
View Quote

So 1/4 of the entire business is worth $575mil in 2016, in 2020 they bring in $6.5bil, and in 2023 a $22mil loss causes them to file for bankruptcy?  

Bullshit.  Something else is going on here.  That $22mil loss is not going to drive a business to bankruptcy.  Something else is causing this issue and the blame is being placed on a scapegoat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Whiskey1Alpha:
From the story:

and then

View Quote

Into the bottom line of the parent company…and, out to the pockets of the C-suite’ers of said parent company. Drain it and dump it. It’s the MBA Way!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Never once seen a Red Lobster in a mall.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#31]
no more skrimps?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#32]
The first date (1970) I had with my future wife (52 years now) was at the original Red Lobster in Lakeland.  It was a good place for a dinner date.  I spent less than $5 for the meal and that included the tip.

I think the food was better back then when it was a one only restaurant.  It seem to go downhill after it became a chain.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#33]
There is an end to endless skrimps.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I miss world peace, mean tweets and endless skrimps.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#35]
If anyone is around a location still open, get as many cheddar bay biscuits as possible, freeze them, ???, profit
View Quote
  They sell raw, frozen Cheddar Bay biscuits at Wal-Mart. Found them the other day.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

Never once seen a Red Lobster in a mall.
View Quote

mall lobster…incredibly rare in the urban serengeti.

basically finding your white whale with customer/employee base.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#37]
yeah it's been a solid 12 years since I ate at one.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By sparkyfender2:
After hearing GD bitch endlessly about Red Lobster, I went and had lunch at a nearby one last week. Hadn't been to one for years.

I had simple fish & chips, and it was pretty good. Place was clean with good service.

The server said they are rarely busy anymore, and there were few other customers there at that time. {1:00 in the afternoon}
View Quote

87% of GD is tender tummy ratards that shid their pants just looking at most restaurants.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:35:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lorax] [#40]
It wasn't so much the endless shrimp that broke them, but replacing all the chairs and shit that wasn't bolted down that somehow becomes airborne on endless shrimp night.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:43:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CTM1] [#41]
OP's 101 post sucks as the losses from All You Can Eat Shrimp is well know.
Not closing but article perhaps up for sale.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine is still open.

Guess I’ll stop in this week and enjoy it for possibly the last time. It’s not fantastic, but it’s pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Tony Romas too
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#44]
With Americans tipping the scale the way they do I wouldn’t offer endless anything unless it was 50 + bucks.

I think in the restaurant business you’re better off at high cost meals and market as a high end place. Red lobster ain’t that
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#45]
The original Red Lobster was in my hometown. My first time there was when I was 6 years old.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Mine is still open.

Guess I’ll stop in this week and enjoy it for possibly the last time. It’s not fantastic, but it’s pretty good.
View Quote

Salute!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CTM1:
OP's 101 post sucks as the losses from All You Can Eat Shrimp is well know.
Not closing but article perhaps up for sale.
View Quote

I’m too lazy, but I hope your 101 post entailed barking news
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Without going on a tangent, I get a lot of amusement from Facebook by keeping high school friends. One was texted by management this morning that the local franchise is closed and she no longer has a job.

So naturally she posted about it, leading me to google for a citation then passing along the relevant news to the class(GD).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:

Where does it say they are closing?

A Ch 11 restructure isn't a 13.

Without going on a tangent, I get a lot of amusement from Facebook by keeping high school friends. One was texted by management this morning that the local franchise is closed and she no longer has a job.

So naturally she posted about it, leading me to google for a citation then passing along the relevant news to the class(GD).

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Duke117:

Absolutely... even tastier at home hot out of the oven.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/562102/IMG_3595_jpeg-3213515.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duke117:
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
If anyone is around a location still open, get as many cheddar bay biscuits as possible, freeze them, ???, profit

They sell the mix in grocery stores.

Absolutely... even tastier at home hot out of the oven.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/562102/IMG_3595_jpeg-3213515.JPG

I think this is a big part of the reason they are in trouble.
Take the big menu item that everyone loves, let them make it at home for a fraction of the price.

That’s a terrible business move.
Page / 4
Top Top