[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Would rather have the one on the left.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:12:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Square66] [#2]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

No, they're buying mods and parts for Jeeps, trucks, muscle cars, and hot hatches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Square66:

The Corvette is a low volume car predominantly sold to old men that don't drive them much. Sales are well under 30k units most years. There's not nearly as much demand/money for some of those parts as you might think.

In situations where the demand exists, the industry will find a solution.

Because 25 year olds are lining up at the Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini dealerships right?  

No, they're buying mods and parts for Jeeps, trucks, muscle cars, and hot hatches.

Ok, so the shade thrown on the Corvette for being an “old man car” doesn’t apply to any of the Euro stuff?  I just want to make sure I understand you correctly so if I have a midlife crisis I know which way to go.   I hold renters in the highest of esteem and want to make sure I fit in as an old guy at the video game party or Antifa protest.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#3]

Neighbors on each side of me have purple MOPARs, one a GTX and the other a Challenger.

My slow old cars:

Shitbox owners want so badly to be a part of classic car shows.  It is tiresome.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:17:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#4]
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
Umm yes they are. Modern turbochargers coupled with fuel control systems make it possible
View Quote

I’ll jump on the bullshit bandwagon. Show me an example of one. A specific example. I’m not calling bullshit on the 8’s, I’m calling bullshit on the “Daily”. Show me people parking their parachute cars at the grocery store without making a YouTube video that says “I took my 8 second car to the grocery store!”
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 2001WS6:
@MallNinja531

https://i.ibb.co/Jzrx7C4/download.jpg
View Quote

@2001WS6

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By HK_FTW:
Good thing OP left old trucks out of rant.
cAttachment Attached File
View Quote
I'd like to have one of those. I like the old classics, but in a wreck they are death traps.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NoStockBikes:

I'll jump on the bullshit bandwagon. Show me an example of one. A specific example. I'm not calling bullshit on the 8's, I'm calling bullshit on the "Daily". Show me people parking their parachute cars at the grocery store without making a YouTube video that says "I took my 8 second car to the grocery store!"
View Quote
It's about time for the hot rod power tour so it's going to get spicy and the highway's and backroads littered with incompetence, delusions, and ham fisted good intentions lol.
https://www.motortrend.com/events/hot-rod-power-tour-2024-route-announcement/

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Pogo55:
I'd like to have one of those. I like the old classics, but in a wreck they are death traps.
View Quote

Not if you lift them tall enough and put a front bumper on to drive over or through everything you hit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:25:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BB] [#9]
I dont know who the OP is referring to here; I don't know anyone who thinks old muscle cars are 'better' than new cars in any area other than looks.

Maybe he's been hanging out in the low-IQ thread
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Man out of my own heart!! Love that A12
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

The Camry might have bested the '66 Corvette in every measurable way...but did you hear that Corvette?!?!

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]

I'll jump on the bullshit bandwagon. Show me an example of one. A specific example. I'm not calling bullshit on the 8's, I'm calling bullshit on the "Daily". Show me people parking their parachute cars at the grocery store without making a YouTube video that says "I took my 8 second car to the grocery store!"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By clutchsmoke:
Umm yes they are. Modern turbochargers coupled with fuel control systems make it possible

Murda on twitch used to drive his 7 second lexus all over the dallas fort worth area.  Then run a few passes at the track, live stream the rest of the drag racing and drive it home.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Did I spy a SuperBird in that garage? A kid in my high school had one of those that he regularly drove to school! (rich dad)
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Millennial checking in

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:32:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 88gt8] [#15]

9.90 on a bet. 132 mph 1/4
Then you drive it home after they say you're done.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Stillnothere:
Classic cars have the designs that people love. The best rebuilds are when someone takes a classic body and installs all new internals so its a much more modern vehicle. Revology does this with their Mustangs, downside is the cost unfortunately.
https://revologycars.com/car/1968-shelby-gt500kr-convertible/
https://revologycars.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/66mustang_22_fastback_parked_in_front_of_vickers_metal_works-2.webp
View Quote

Those are incredible. Absolutely incredible.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By p3590:
That part is erroneous if we're excluding performance parts, aftermarket PCBs and sensors are going to exist for the common cars, since the market is huge.  

Corvettes tend to change parts pretty often, have unique parts, and a big year (2016) is 40k cars produced. In 2016, there were 820k F150s made.  If you're reverse engineering an OEM PCB for aftermarket repairs, you're going to make the F150 module WAY before the corvette one.  

I have a 1999 XJ jeep, give or take the same year as your "old" corvette.  There is not a single electronic part on it that isn't readily and cheaply available. It was more or less the same widgets for 6 years, and shared parts across multiple platforms.

The components that are used in millions of cars over their production life, whether PCBs, touchscreens, or suspension bits are going to have strong OEM and aftermarket support.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By p3590:
Originally Posted By Rbass:
Kids today...

One thing that seems to be playing out is that these new modern wonder cars will disappear. They are now completely dependent on software to function. That means circuit boards, screens, software etc. That stuff has a shelf life of a jug of milk. Wonder why there are tons and tons of old cars still here? Does anyone with even a room temp IQ think any modern cars are going to be around that long in the future? Not a chance. They will fail to function due to all the electronic systems and die out. They will not be rebuild-able in their as new state, since none of those components will exist or be offered.

I'm seeing this even now with my "old' 2000 Corvette. There are a few circuit board boxes that will fail, rendering some systems inop and as of now there aren't any aftermarket companies offering solutions. On a 'Vette, which may have the biggest aftermarket of any car ever. GM is not releasing the IP on the software or circuits, and likely never will. My car is old enough though that it will still run if these systems fail and can't be replaced, since it's mainly ABS, traction control etc. New cars? Everything runs through a screen and computers. If that computer goes down and is not supported then the entire car will become worthless. 20 years from now is going to be a very interesting time in the car world. And there will still be a lot of the old cars around.
That part is erroneous if we're excluding performance parts, aftermarket PCBs and sensors are going to exist for the common cars, since the market is huge.  

Corvettes tend to change parts pretty often, have unique parts, and a big year (2016) is 40k cars produced. In 2016, there were 820k F150s made.  If you're reverse engineering an OEM PCB for aftermarket repairs, you're going to make the F150 module WAY before the corvette one.  

I have a 1999 XJ jeep, give or take the same year as your "old" corvette.  There is not a single electronic part on it that isn't readily and cheaply available. It was more or less the same widgets for 6 years, and shared parts across multiple platforms.

The components that are used in millions of cars over their production life, whether PCBs, touchscreens, or suspension bits are going to have strong OEM and aftermarket support.

Whatever is popular will have support forever.  You can still get new aftermarket parts for 90s-2010 Honda because there's a scene for it.  They are then gen x and older millennial classics.   There's tons of custom options available as well. There's companies to rebuild ecus. Aftermarket ecus  motor swap kits that are standalone.   90s Honda will run just as long as the popular 50s and 60s cars as long as the people who like them exist.  

Also you can't get parts for all early classics either unless it's a popular model.  If you want to keep an unpopular model running or restore it you have to spend big money for fabricated parts.  

The biggest problem with keeping 2020s cars alive will be the lack of a car scene in genz and alpha.  But if one developed around certain cars there will be parts forever.  So far I'd say only the charger/Challenger scene will have a following big enough for aftermarket support in newer years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By paul463:

Wet down to their knees.  Too bad guy is probably gay.
View Quote

The funny thing about that is that the guy had a sick kid, and the interviewer was all emotional about that.  She was some kind of "fitness athlete" herself, so she was around these guys all of the time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MontstrSp:
And truthfully, the worst part about driving musclecars is all the dudes trying to talk to you every time they get the chance.

Dudes think women love muscle cars. They don't. Women loved my Miata. They like my CRX. My wife thinks my old cars stink.

View Quote

That’s a car thing in general. Roll into a cars & coffee with something fancy and it’s like the paparazzi except with 10-19 year old boys. I did have a lady chatting me up pretty hard the other weekend, pretty sure it had to have been one of their moms. We were just leaving, so I didn’t have time to get her story.

But yeah. Attention-getting cars generally don’t get you the attention you’d want.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Lol, I ALWAYS was amazed at how shitty the brakes were on my 66 396SS Chevelle.  Faded so bad I had to use the dragster turnout at Lions Drag Strip even thoughntop speed was just over 100.
View Quote

'66?

My '87 LX 5.0L Mustang simply would not stop you if you were going 100mph. You'd get down to around 40mph and then the brakes would take a nap because they were tired and needed rest. That's when the fun started.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#21]
My attraction to old cars has very little to do with speed or HP. The coolness is about the era
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Square66:
One interesting thing in my conversation with Dan when I went on the tour of the Fantomworks shop was he said the newer cars will be impossible to restore because off of all the electronics and sensors.  It's interesting to think about.  Will there be an aftermarket where it's profitable for the aftermarket to make all the electronics for a 2024 Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger?   I have no idea.
View Quote
That will really depend on regulations.  The cars don't need all that shit.  You can gut and vehicle and run a standalone LS swap or k swap kit on it if you want to fabricate some parts.  But will they be exempt from obd2 emissions as a classic?  Time will tell
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 88gt8:
https://i.postimg.cc/g083Nq8t/IMG-20231123-171035.jpg
View Quote

#WANT
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#24]
I feel like Ive aged just reading this thread.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Consigli:
I had a 69 COPO Camaro with an aluminum block 427.

Would tape a $100 bill to the dash and run the 1/4 mile with a passenger. And tell them if they could grab it during the run they could have it. G-forces always won and no one ever took my money.

Try that in your Tesla.
View Quote

Man, that story has traveled a LOT through the ages.  
Not sure without researching but I bet the right Tesla would smoke that COPO.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:04:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bondservant2] [#26]
Originally Posted By 73RR:

Yea them old cars were never really that fast. Except that Superbird at the top pic was the first to car to hit 200MPH in 1969 with 60s technology. Pushrod V8, torsion bar front suspension etc etc.

Either way, old cars have the cool factor and in stock form yea they were pretty slow for a car hauling 3500 lbs of iron with small block V8s and such.

View Quote

Laughs in 1967 GT40 MkIV…( if you need all American made)
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#27]
It's about more than performance. Muscle cars are cool. Modern cars are boring looking cookie-cutters.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:05:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#28]
Originally Posted By STL_Nik:
Nostalgia is the biggest liar you will ever meet. I hear boomer car guys go on and on about how fast their muscle car was and how modern cars are shit.
They are completely delusional, modern 4 cylinders make equal or more power than your giant v8s made. Modern cars don't need a complete tear down and rebuild every 50k miles like the cars of yesteryear.  Line any of those old muscle cars up next to a modern Mustang or Charger, it's night and day. 14 seconds used to be a fast qt mile, guys are daily driving cars that are running low 8's.

Yes the modern car is harder for people to work on themselves but if you're not a complete dumbass it is doable.

Old cars are cool but lets be honest about how great they really were.

*edit*
Before anybody starts with dyno numbers, those old school numbers are complete horseshit and has been proven time and time again.  Put them on the dyno, yall were lied to about what those cars made.
View Quote

Guy Fieri’s red 1968 big-block Chevelle is an 800 HP car. He had it custom tuned, apparently.

On one of his “D, D, & D’ episodes, the owner of the shop where he took the car in talked about it. It featured the car getting body work on the rear end, new paint, new wheels and tires, and some engine upgrades.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:07:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firemedic5586] [#29]
Attachment Attached File

283 fed by a 2 barrel, spinning a two speed slush pump.. With drum breaks on all corners.. It corners, well like you would guess..

Under cover in the background... 68 Olds Rag top..

Not included is a 65 Galaxie rag top..
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#30]

That’s a car thing in general. Roll into a cars & coffee with something fancy and it’s like the paparazzi except with 10-19 year old boys. I did have a lady chatting me up pretty hard the other weekend, pretty sure it had to have been one of their moms. We were just leaving, so I didn’t have time to get her story.

But yeah. Attention-getting cars generally don’t get you the attention you’d want.
View Quote

So true. I have an E36 328is M-tech that is in damn near showroom condition, and it gets a lot of attention considering it isn’t a true Motorsports car — even though the North American E36 M3 wasn’t a true M car either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#31]
OP is 100% correct.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Been this way since the early 90s.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Narwhals:
You're right OP.
Classic cars were all talk and crank hp numbers and then when dynoed to the wheels they were 200 or less. 14s in the 1/4 were quick.

Modern economy cars can easily outrun them. The boomers won't understand and will talk about their "beast", or "hopping coke cans" or "twisting the chassis" until the end of time.

View Quote

Yep - and all the muscle cars were driven as-delivered to the dealerships with narrow tires.. None were faster than the average, and no one ever modified one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:15:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoStockBikes] [#34]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:

View Quote

I just googled. That car runs an 11.8. My (tuned) M4 with 100,000 miles ran like an 11.6 last fall (11.633, just looked at the time slip on my phone pics). I would not put a $100 bill on the dashboard for anyone to grab, except maybe Stephen Hawking.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#35]

And Kolwalski’s white 1970 Challenger in the film Vanishing Point had a supercharged 440 Hemi engine … so at least 600+ HP at the wheels.

Didn’t get Sirius XM though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#36]
And if you own an unrestored one, you never know when you’ll be working on it.  

But I’m with those that like a car designed by somebody. Not a computer, consensus, and a wi d tunnel. There are some newer cars that stand out. But not like they used to.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:20:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Restomod
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#38]
My first car was a 69 cougar xr7 351 4 bbl.

My second car was a 61 Catalina 2 door 389 tri-power

I really appreciate classics  for their looks and sound.  But as a daily driver, I have a V8 biturbo AMG.  Because I like real performance.

0-60 3.6
1/4 mile 11.8
Top speed limited at 186.

But, I'd love to have a muscle car in the garage.  Maybe my next project?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Consigli:
I had a 69 COPO Camaro with an aluminum block 427.

Would tape a $100 bill to the dash and run the 1/4 mile with a passenger. And tell them if they could grab it during the run they could have it. G-forces always won and no one ever took my money.

Try that in your Tesla.

I would agree...I've heard that story a million times.

And I would also agree a Tesla will eat the COPO Camaro for breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus a snack. That whale 427 was good for 425hp, pushing the Camaro to 0-60 in 5.3 sec and the 1/4 in 13 seconds. The Tesla Model S Plaid does 0-60 in 1.9 seconds and the 1/4 in 9.2 seconds. Remember too that the Tesla has one motor per wheel, each pulling. Shit, even my BMW will smoke the COPO with my tiny 181 cubic inch engine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes and no. A vintage car running 13s on shit tires, factory exhaust, and timing is pretty darn good. Modern tires, good exhaust, and a racy tune up would be a night and day difference for many of those "slow" classics.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:34:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 917-30] [#41]

Nice Mopar collection you have!!!

Is that a real Charger Daytona? 440 and TorqueFlite?

As a kid I lived about a half mile from a guy with a Hemi Charger Daytona (4 sp) and five Superbirds. His son daily drove a Superbird in Petty livery.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 88gt8:
https://i.postimg.cc/g083Nq8t/IMG-20231123-171035.jpg
View Quote

Back in the day I wanted a buick regal and black it out....cause I couldn't afford the real thing...

My other options were a fox body 5.0 or a chevy IROC camaro.  

....I never owned any of them....1980 Honda shit box....that car damn near killed me.  Had it been in decent condition it wouldn't have been so bad, dad paid $600 for it and said before you can drive you have to put it back together.  The head was in the hatch, no exhaust, someone let there dog eat the seats down to the frames, and the rear windows left down what must have been a complete summer because the carpet was fubar.  At least he bought new front seat belts as the ones in it fell apart due to mold.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Bro dozer lift kits and exhausts are a long way from proprietary flat screens, circuit boards and manufacturer copyrighted software that will not be released or licensed to the aftermarket. Walking dead. But continue on with your rant.
View All Quotes

If meaningful demand exists, the industry will meet that demand.

A certain subset of the car community has talked about electronics and computers as if it's untouchable voodoo magic ever since the earliest EFI, electric fuel pumps, and other such systems were introduced. Decades have gone by, and that automotive apocalypse has yet to hit.

The aftermarket industry makes upgraded computer modules for some vehicles, and they even make some for models that never had computers to begin with. There's no reason to expect this to change.

PS: The Corvette aftermarket is a small fish compared to Big 3 trucks, Jeeps, Toyota and Nissan 4x4s, muscle cars, and most likely a good subset of the Japanese and European import tuner cars.

Bro dozer lift kits and exhausts are a long way from proprietary flat screens, circuit boards and manufacturer copyrighted software that will not be released or licensed to the aftermarket. Walking dead. But continue on with your rant.

Do you even Syvecs and CD-7 bro?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
To be fair in 70's they neutered the SHIT out of muscle cars and for a long long time they were the fastest things on the street.
View Quote

Which is why I tore my 79 Camaro down to the sub frames and built it from the ground up to handle like it's on rails and run like a raped ape.
Other than the esthetics no 70's era performance remains in that car.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By my69camaro1:
Yes and no. A vintage car running 13s on shit tires, factory exhaust, and timing is pretty darn good. Modern tires, good exhaust, and a racy tune up would be a night and day difference for many of those "slow" classics.
View Quote

And dont forget the ebay turbo.  That's why modern 4 bangers are putting out 300-400HP.  Everything comes from the factory with boost.
Slap a turbo on an old car and enough fuel system to keep up, and you're right on up there.

The next part is harder.  Modern cars have computers with traction control and drive by wire.  You mash the pedal in your new mustang to the floor, and the computer decides how much to actually open the throttle.  

Old cars are all analog.  The driver is directly controlling the machine.  Thats the allure for me.  The car will do whatever I tell it to.  If that means breaking traction, then so be it.  Its me driving the car, not the computer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Singlestack_Wonder:
1966 Shelby 427 Cobras routinely went from 0 to 100 and back to 0 in 13 seconds.

I've yet to see small aisian cars with fart mufflers do that.
View Quote

While not real...this thing will do zero to 100 and back to zero in a frightening amount of time. It's 2200 lbs with approx 520 RWHP. I'm pretty much traction limited with the Cooper tires I run. When I had Hoosiers on it the thing launched like it was trying to break your neck. While launching in first is really fun, powershifting into second at 7500 is fucking brutal. I drive this thing like I stole it.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:46:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#47]
Nostalgia is the biggest liar you will ever meet. I hear boomer car guys go on and on about how fast their muscle car was and how modern cars are     .
View Quote

Depends what you mean by fast and how modern cars suck.

Why yes, any retarded child can tell you modern cars are faster. It's the cool kids thing now to bash what's old, red-guard tactics are in! Old is EVILLL.

For their day, the muscle cars were fast, compared to the not-muscle cars, and modern cars in many ways are lousy by comparison, in meaningful ways.

You could actually meaningfully fix the things when they broke without any special tools, and the factories supported you for decades afterwards. If you wanted  to modify them, that was far easier to do.  Also, nowadays ... well, they've been around for a while, so if you're serious, you can talk to someone and learn how to set them up really well: https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-68-Barracuda-980hp-NA/5-2721762/

But no, we must concentrate on only the bad things and bash on people for having enjoyed something in the past.

Yes the modern car is harder for people to work on themselves but if you're not a complete dumbass it is doable.
View Quote

I work on our far more modern cars. Yes, you technically can, but there's a ton of crap where you need the factory scan tools, or the part's literally not sold aftermarket or through the dealership, and because of things like infotainement centers and cars being festooned with radar / lidar / cameras and 50+ computers on a canbus ... I mean. You can work on building a great pyramid of giza, and you can also work on a dogshed in the back yard. They're both technically possible.

I would be very interested to see the cost of new cars that are as much faster than the ordinary cars ... vs the old muscle cars, which were a lot faster than the ordinary cars.

I have a suspicion that the old faster cars were far more affordable than the new faster cars are now.

------------

Also, your old muscle car doesn't snitch on you and tell the car maker how you're geting to be a prediabetic fatso going to fast food joints all the time and doesn't actively help everyone cram ads down your throat and government tracking globally.

But who cares about that, right?

Just happily accept the tracking probe being shoved onto you and be happy for the convenience!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

'66?

My '87 LX 5.0L Mustang simply would not stop you if you were going 100mph. You'd get down to around 40mph and then the brakes would take a nap because they were tired and needed rest. That's when the fun started.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Lol, I ALWAYS was amazed at how shitty the brakes were on my 66 396SS Chevelle.  Faded so bad I had to use the dragster turnout at Lions Drag Strip even thoughntop speed was just over 100.

'66?

Cobra brake UPGRAYEDDS were definitely recommended when doing well really anything on a Fox lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zak406] [#49]
The delusion is the price people are willing to pay for classic cars.  It’s absurd what they go for.  And yes I understand what people are willing to pay they are willing to pay and the market dictates that but you get 100x the features in new cars for 1/8 of the price.

With that being said I do love me some of the older trucks.

My dad has a firebird formula 400 in the garage that needs redone.

My first truck in 2006 was a 1985 power ram. It was cool but man was it a shit pile despite looking like it came out of a show room
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
Stupid people think that classic cars are about nostalgia. I’m not a boomer. When I had a 1966 charger, I made friends wherever I went, and it was mostly young kids coming up asking about the car.  

On another matter, why does every pissed off malcontent posting at this forum insist on including the word “boomer” in their posts? Weren’t you people taught to respect your elders? What the hell is wrong with you? Maybe this is why your kids don’t respect you, ridicule you behind your back, if they even bother, speak to you.

You probably think you’re edgy and cool, but you’re just a Democrat stooge. In case you haven’t noticed, the Democratic Party holds onto power by dividing the country into groups and then making them hate each other. It isn’t just ivy league idiots hating Jews. It’s gun, toting, so-called conservatives, who should know better, Convincing themselves that “boomers” are the cause of all of their problems. What a fucking joke. Your parents must be so embarrassed. your kids must be so ashamed.
View Quote

Very well said, it wasn't always this way here, but it seems the media and politicians have been successful at making sure most people hate one another over literally nothing.

I'm not a boomer either, but I always liked the older generations more anyhow. I grew up with my ww2 generation grandparents, unfortunately there aren't many of that generation with us anymore.
Page / 16
Classic car delusion (Page 5 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top