Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 5/1/2024 9:22:55 PM EDT
https://thecivilrightslawyer.com/2024/05/01/cops-ask-woman-to-kick-in-her-ex-boyfriends-front-door-all-hell-breaks-loose/

In Elyria, Ohio, cops encouraged a woman to kick in her ex-boyfriend’s front door, so that she could get her belongings inside. They did not have a warrant. But they followed her inside the man’s house anyways, and proceeded to walk upstairs and surprise him as he got out of the shower. Then they tased him multiple times, arrested him, and charged him with multiple felonies. But then he got a lawyer, and the lawyer reviewed the body cam footage.

Cops Ask Woman to Kick-in her Ex-Boyfriend's Front Door! ALL HELL Breaks Loose

https://www.cleveland19.com/2024/04/27/attorney-filing-lawsuit-against-elyria-pd-after-officers-storm-mans-home-without-warrant/

Ortiz’s attorney, Anthony Nici, has worked in law enforcement for decades. He says this was a civil matter and police had no right interfering ? or telling Warner what to do. He also says if officers had contacted the homeowner to begin with ? they would have found that Warner forfeited her right to enter the home because she had already moved out.

“That day, yes. She handed the rest of her keys and she left,” confirmed homeowner Daniel Bolger.

Nici also questions the part of the officers’ incident reports where they claim Ortiz made verbal threats to harm them.

“If you listen to the video very closely, it’s different from what the report says.” said Nici.

Ortiz spent more than a week in jail ? and faced the possibility of years if convicted. A month after his arrest, a grand jury indicted him on four felony counts and one misdemeanor. Nici soon filed a motion to dismiss the charges and, after reviewing the evidence, the Lorain County Prosecutor’s Office chose not to proceed with the case.

“I want reprimands, I want officers put in jail,” said Ortiz. “I want them to experience what I experienced.”

None of the three officers involved in this incident were charged with a crime. 19 Investigates reviewed their personnel files; none were issued discipline and there is no evidence that an investigation was even conducted.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
These cops must be part of that same handful of bad apples we keep hearing about. Surely they aren't part of a systemic problem of shitty cops regularly doing illegal shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Doing gods work... I love these threads!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheKill] [#3]
Chick cop once again completely fucking this up.  Grrrrll power for the win.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
DRAMA QUEEN
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Just in case John is traveling/working again instead of reading GD: @LawyerUp

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By opti12206:
These cops must be part of that same handful of bad apples we keep hearing about. Surely they aren't part of a systemic problem of shitty cops regularly doing illegal shit.
View Quote

Same as the “do you know how many calls are responded too? This is just a drop in the bucket so it’s not as bad as you think”.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The shit they do WITH cameras rolling.

Imagine how fucked it was before body cameras
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Sure thing, little buddy. Research the thousands of calls for service, to include warrant service and SWAT operations that result in zero negative interaction and get back with me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:14:14 PM EDT
[#9]
At least they didn't kill him in his shower.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By silver_back110:

Sure thing, little buddy. Research the thousands of calls for service, to include warrant service and SWAT operations that result in zero negative interaction and get back with me.
View Quote

Then it should be very easy to address cases like this then, right? That is what IA is supposed to be for isn't it? It is shocking that the good apples fail to see the bad apples themselves with all that training, legal authority, duty and stuff.

Just the one officer in FL planting drugs was able to affect 100+ people that we know about. What is the acceptable number of victims before your team addresses something..little buddy??

How many victims is required for your needle to get moved?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Southernman077:
View Quote

Apparently he has an implanted Defibrillator and they tased him in the chest while he was wet and naked?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Got to break a few eggs if you want to o make an omelette.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:

Then it should be very easy to address cases like this then, right? That is what IA is supposed to be for isn't it? It is shocking that the good apples fail to see the bad apples themselves with all that training, legal authority, duty and stuff.

Just the one officer in FL planting drugs was able to affect 100+ people that we know about. What is the acceptable number of victims before your team addresses something..little buddy??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Look, dude. Nobody hates incompetent LEO’s more than current LEO’s. Incompetent and crooked are two separate categories, both are catastrophic to the movement. The turds that get outed do it on their own secrecy and accord. People act like “everyone knew” but that’s not always the case. Regardless ACAB, right? That’s the attitude with some turds here.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Truth right here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Look, dude. Nobody hates incompetent LEO’s more than current LEO’s. Incompetent and crooked are two separate categories, both are catastrophic to the movement. The turds that get outed do it on their own secrecy and accord. People act like “everyone knew” but that’s not always the case. Regardless ACAB, right? That’s the attitude with some turds here.

View All Quotes

"Nobody hates incompetent LEO’s more than current LEO’s."??

Since when can an incompetent LEO send a random current LEO to jail/prison/(can't beat the ride)/(fuck over their life) like they can with Joe Q. Public?

You have that dead ass backwards.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:17:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

View Quote

I'm beginning to think that everything I ever trusted to be "good" in this country has always been corrupted.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Right, that’s why you always see the good cops stepping in and stopping the bad cops from doing stupid, often criminal shit.

Wait.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:18:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Sykkone:

Since when can an incompetent LEO send a random current LEO to jail/prison/(can't beat the ride)/(fuck over their life) like they can with Joe Q. Public?

View All Quotes

WUT? Did you have a stroke? You’re coming in broke and stupid.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

ACAB the last line of defense? Many including myself have a strong dislike for the bad in the field. Maybe when you can recognize that, it will not be so hard to spot the bad ones.
Incompetents and crooked have no place in LE.

Period.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:20:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By VoxLibertatis:

Right, that’s why you always see the good cops stepping in and stopping the bad cops from doing stupid, often criminal shit.

Wait.
View All Quotes

Wait.

You’re ASSuming that the good LEO’s are aware of the shitbirds activity. That’s not always the case.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#23]
The many bad apples making a bad name for the few.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#24]

ACAB the last line of defense? Many including myself have a strong dislike for the bad in the field. Maybe when you can recognize that, it will not be so hard to spot the bad ones.

Period.
View All Quotes

Period.

In. I’ve been in on two turds that went dark side. One was out of state and the other was a friend. I can’t talk about the latter but anyone who’s stance that we cover for shitheads can kiss my ass and can meet me behind the woodshed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:26:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cedjunior] [#25]

View All Quotes

If there was ever a sign of being triggered.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the "Bad Apples" have already spoiled the bunch.  They seem to outweigh the few good ones left.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By cedjunior:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cedjunior:

Meh, not really just responding. Nice try, Karen.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#28]

You’re ASSuming that the good LEO’s are aware of the shitbirds activity. That’s not always the case.
View Quote

I have seen 3 videos in maybe 30 years of the good stepping in. If you have any I'd love to see them.

Just a simple "stop", "Ill handle this" will suffice.

Whatever good ones have been losing the PR game for far too long. Can we agree it would be nice to see it turn back?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:32:14 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Let’s have a competition: I’ll post videos of cops standing around watching other cops do idiotic shit, and you post videos of cops stopping other cops from doing stupid shit. Deal?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#30]
To: Anyone responding to my response.

Date: Today

Subject: Current Post

I’m out, it’s bedtime. I’ll check and respond to all negative Cheesedick responses around 0630 Central.

Good evening.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#31]

GD cop thread!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

The same crew that flashbanged the baby.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

You think just nobody ever told this cop that she needs a warrant to go into someone's home and taze them?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Wait.

Well, there were three cops on this scene and none of them seemed to have a problem with what went down.  Then there was the supervision who reviewed the use of force report.

It's such a low percent of cops that are bad, but damn if they don't have some incredibly attractive force that brings them all together on the same incident.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Wait.

So your defense of cops is that they suck at identifying when people are breaking the law?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:54:11 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Just another data point that the only people who say ACAB on this site are cops.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

You think just nobody ever told this cop that she needs a warrant to go into someone's home and taze them?
View All Quotes

They sure looked like an armed breaking and entering crew to me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

agreed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:33:17 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Was he eating a donut at the time?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:36:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#40]

View Quote

If that was the case, why wasn't your first post "those officers should be in jail" instead of "look at all the police interactions..."?

Your default setting was to protect the system, not call out bad cops.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Another great "you were supposed to smile and wave" video to add to rollcall training.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

This was a home invasion by an armed criminal crew.

They acted together to force entry into the home, were armed, and within a few steps of the front door they pulled weapons to use on the innocent homeowner.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:11:37 AM EDT
[#45]

I have seen 3 videos in maybe 30 years of the good stepping in. If you have any I'd love to see them.

Just a simple "stop", "Ill handle this" will suffice.

Whatever good ones have been losing the PR game for far too long. Can we agree it would be nice to see it turn back?
View Quote

To be honest, you DO see good cops reining in dummies on a lot of the “audit” videos. Backup or supervisor pulls up, sees the situation, pulls patrolman huckleberry aside and whispers in his ear. Then it’s “Have a nice day, be safe!”
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:“I want reprimands, I want officers put in jail,” said Ortiz. “I want them to experience what I experienced.”
View Quote
Seems reasonable.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:13:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eazeaz] [#47]
Originally Posted By cruze5:
she broke  in..   imagine if he would have shot her?

View Quote

Would he not have been within his rights to shoot them all?   I doubt Ohio law says you can’t defend yourself from armed home invasion.

Did the police even “identify”?    Would it matter if they did?   A group of home invaders can certainly yell “police” too.

A “reasonable” citizen would believe that real cops would not be part of a forced breakin crew - so obviously they are not “real” police.

Serious questions

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:16:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#48]
Originally Posted By Kashtin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kashtin:

They actually got disbanded over that. The same task force managed to survive shooting the preacher then slow walking medical help for 45 minutes. Where he was shot is less than 5 minutes from a hospital.

ETA: For reference, this is where his car came to a stop and they stood around waiting for him to die.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/H1HBtXXxkPEtRr4C6
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Elyria is about 10 minutes from me.
It's a shit hole.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top