Thinking About buildingmy First ar pistol
I was just looking for some info on the subject and yes i saw all the stickys its 34 pages long and filled whith hersay in most posts. So just wondering if i can get some easy questions answered.
From what i gathered the lower has to be registerered at the manf and the dealer I buy from as a pistol. Having a front vertical grip is a no-no. The questions i have are these
1) When they say its registered what all does that entail, is it phyiscally registered and sent in some where that i have a ar pistol lower or is it like the NCIS check where its just sitting in a filling cabnit of the gun store to be checked if needed. Does Bafta have a file on me that says this guy has a ar pistol?
2) So does the fact the manufactuer has to reg it also mean that i cant go to a local gun store and buy a stripped lower that they have sitting on the shelf and just have them state its a pistol... I acutally have to order it throug the manufature?
3) Does magpuls AFG count as one of the no no vertical grips. Is there any kind of grip that can go on the rail?
4) Is there any additonal paper work im going to have to fill out when i pick it up at my ffl that would lead them to charge more for the transfer?
Thanks for the info, and again sorry if this has been answered 1,000 times theres so many posts it would take me all weekend to sift through them all, it would be nice to have a sticky that has all these and similar legal questions ansewered in the first post so people dont have to sift through 35 pages of stuff that may or may not pertain to the questions people are looking to get answered.
from what I believe to be true, state laws aside.
1) "transfered" to you as other, virgin lower, never barreled as a rifle, form sits at shop waiting for ? shtf.
2) mfg transfers the stripped lowers as recievers. can be whatever after that. yes go buy one and have them list it as other/pistol.
3) AFG is good to go.
4) no, sub to state regs.
asfar as I know, from what I can tell, ymmv, not a lawyer, etc. wheres exile?