I only today became aware of this part of ARFCOM. I was hesitant to post this as these are not my guns nor do they have anything to do with me. I decided what the heck you never know. Moderators if this is inappropriate please delete this thread. There was a murder committed in my area some months ago, these guns are presumed stolen during this crime. I pulled this list from a local news website.
GUNS STOLEN WHEN KAY MORTENSEN WAS MURDERED:
* .22 Ruger Great Eight; serial # 22475025
* .22 Ruger Mark III Bull Barrel; serial # 22900712
* .22 Browning Buck Mark; serial # 655NV26747
* 9mm HK; serial # 2425419
* 9mm Beretta Military Special Edition; serial # 0933M9
* 40 Beretta SS; serial # BER374017
* .45 Sigarms Revolution; serial #GS06701
* .45 Kimber Grand Raptor II; serial # K222884
* .45 HK Tactical; serial # 25092411
* .45 Springfield Armory Trophy Match long slide; serial # NM159710 44
* Magnum Ruger Super Redhawk; serial # 55234084
* 500 Magnum Smith & Wesson; serial #CHY9035
* Ruger 22 Mark II; serial # 22268616
* Ruger 357 Security Six; serial # 15326454
* Colt 380 Mustang plus2; serial # RS49639 2834
* L1A1 Fal-Inch; serial # 103304
* 30-06 Bar Semi-auto, Nightforce scope; serial # 311MW06557
* 7mm Winchester Carbon Barrel, Nightforce scope; serial #G354481
* 45-70 Marlin Long Barrel; serial # 96201225
* 450 Marlin Long Barrel; serial # 1895MX
* 223 Ruger Mini 14 Semi-auto; serial # 58013032
* Springfield Armory M1; serial # 167738
* .45 Auto Ordnance Thompson Submachine Gun; serial # KA9330
* Semi-Auto Clip 50RND Drum Mag Herters 243 U-9; serial #1086
* SKS 7.62x39; serial #C1191
* SKS 7.62X39; serial # 455110
* Uzi 9MM/45 22; serial # HR4332
* Berretta 12 Gauge Extream, Black Matt Finish; serial # AG002511
* Winchester Model 50, 12 Gauge Semi-Auto; serial # 22729
* Custom Stock Variable Choke Winchester, 12 Gauge; serial # 1018053
* MK 308 Model M-14A
* Browning 30.06 Dummy
* FN FAL-Metric
. holly F... Someone will die by these guns either gangs or innocent people will die. I don't give a Damn if gang members are killing each other, but innocent people
Hope they can recover most of these stolen guns.
last week Boston cop arrested a teen went to school with loaded gun, and thank god nobody got shot.
That's freakin' horrible! That's a double murder as far as I am concerned!
By Erin Alberty
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated 4 Hours Ago
The son and daughter-in-law of a slain former BYU professor have been accused of murder.
A state grand jury has indicted Roger and Pam Mortensen on charges of murder and obstruction of justice in the death of Kay S. Mortensen, according to defense attorney Greg Skordas.
Roger and Pam Mortensen were arrested Thursday night at their Payson home “without any problems,” Skordas said. Kay Mortensen died after his throat was cut Nov. 16 in his home, also in Payson. A cache of 32 guns also was stolen from the home.
Roger and Pam Mortensen have said they were tied up and held hostage by two men in the home during the slaying, but police said there were inconsistencies in their statements. They were named “persons of interest” in January.
After that, police said the couple declined further interviews.
Utah County sheriff’s deputies refused to comment on the case Thursday, saying they would release more information Friday morning. Skordas said the charging documents have not yet been released, and he has received no new details on the investigation since he and his clients met with police in January. At that meeting, the Mortensens provided fingerprints and other evidence. Police “surprised” them with a sketch artist, Skordas has said, and he ended the interview because he had a court appointment.
“We don’t know what information was presented to the grand jury,” Skordas said Thursday. “[Investigators] haven’t talked to us anymore. They haven’t interviewed the Mortensens. Whatever they gathered, it was unbeknownst to us.”
He said Roger and Pam Mortensen “plan to contest the charges without any doubt at all.”
“They didn’t commit this crime,” he said.