Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Where can you get folding stocks like that?

That would be the ultimate modern Mother Russia upgrade.

Tantal
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My concerns about the 5.45mm round comes from me wondering if it truly is an improvement over the 7.62mm round, not just for ballistics but for handling characteristics, flash, report and all that other good stuff. Like I said, it will be a whole new round for me.

Well, i think you would like it. It has less recoil then 7.62, and muzzle climb is almost nonexistant with a 74 brake. Not sure about flash and report, but with the brake its louder to the sides and front than 7.62.

Thanks for the input on that! I was wondering. I never had a problem with the 7.62mm X 39mm 's handling charateristics. By itself that round is a fun round to shoot too.
All the Ballistic talk got me thinking. While my guns are used 99% for "sport" with 1% going towards defense, still, there may come a time when I will have to call on one of 'em to save my life. I like the fact that the Communist rounds don't rely on fragmentation as their sole trait of effectiveness. I want to build something short barreled with a carbine look.  My AR15 Carbines fit the bill, but it's agreed that short barreled AR's  ballistics SUCK, so the fact that the 5.45mm bullet DOESN'T need speed to work properly is  a good thing. Heck, even the old trusty 7.62mm X 39mm will do.

Anyway, thanks for your input guys, I've learned a lot from your replies, and I'm that much closer to choosing the caliber of my next project.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
5.45mm Krinkov accuracy averaged out to be 3 inches at 100 yds. In the article I have, they said shooting prone using the magazine as a monopod. They were still able to hit a man sized target at 200 yds and 300 yds. They only mention using Wolf 5.45mm 60 gr FMJ.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top