User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Triggerfish!!

That muzzle device makes a "BIG" difference on the SLR-106CR!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2007 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does anybody know the actual length of this muzzle device??

i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/Z06M16A1/SLR106CR.jpg
measuring the one on the SLR-106CR I picked up @ the SAR Show 12/2: 4 5/8"

Now you need to cut down your cleaning rod, and put it in it's proper place I did this with mine, and it really looks nice!
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Now you need to cut down your cleaning rod, and put it in it's proper place I did this with mine, and it really looks nice!

Good idea, what length did you end up with?
Link Posted: 12/11/2007 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it's about 12 inches, give or take. I just inserted the rod, used white out at the top to mark, and used that to measure from the bottom when I made the cut. Really improves the appearance. I received a PM from another individual asking if I had a PIC of the rod installed. I do not right now, but there have been PICS posted of this modification on this and other forums. FWIW, Chris from AK-103 IS going to produce those extended Krink brake's for the 106/107CR rifle's. They should be available SOON!

Link Posted: 12/11/2007 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
That was easy.  Looks much better!

Link Posted: 12/11/2007 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/11/2007 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That was easy.  Looks much better!
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/Z06M16A1/DSC_0401.jpg
i30.photobucket.com/albums/c314/Z06M16A1/DSC_0402.jpg

Damn, that IS nice! I guess that's what mine will pretty much look like once I get the brake, except I replaced the polymer folder with a Soviet triangle one from K-Var. I also installed a G2 double hook FCG (By making the second slot cut in the receiver) and just used a Red Star Arm's retainer plate. Once I get my paws on the brake, I'll be having my 107CR refinished in HK black Gunkote over parkerizing. IMHO, Arsenal shouln't have released these rifle's without the brake. It really finishes these guns nicely.

Link Posted: 12/12/2007 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#8]
IMHO, Arsenal shouln't have released these rifle's without the brake. It really finishes these guns nicely.

You could not be more correct. I would have bought one of these a long time ago if it had the break and am I sure alot of other people would have. I finally saw one at the local show and without the break IMO it just does not look right.
Link Posted: 12/14/2007 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#9]
CJ  

Looks GREAT

Arsenal would sell a ton of these if they sold them to all there customers who bought CR series rifles with out the Krink flash sup.

It would be a good business decision if they sold them on K-VAR.COM.

You never know what Arsenal will do. Hopefully they listen.

John
Link Posted: 12/26/2007 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a few PICS of my 107CR that I put an extended Krink hider on.

Link Posted: 12/27/2007 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/27/2007 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Here's a few PICS of my 107CR that I put an extended Krink hider on.

images.andale.com/f2/116/123/11242007/2007/12/26/1071.JPG

images.andale.com/f2/116/123/11242007/2007/12/26/1072.JPG

images.andale.com/f2/116/123/11242007/2007/12/26/1074.JPG

LIONHART

Very nice.  Where did you you finally purchase it from? How much was it? Are you happy with the quality?

Thanks  John
Link Posted: 12/30/2007 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I had received a PM from a fellow member from another forum that sold me his Krink brake, as he purchased his rifle for the purpose of SB'ing it.

As far as the remake's from Chris. ARSENAL requested that he NOT manufacture any. At this point, I'm not sure what Chris is going to do. Perhaps this was a request from ARSENAL as their planning on selling them through K-Var, but this again would be contradictory to past statement's.

I know that a few dealer's have been PO'd about this situation involving the brake's (It's just not us), and even one has dropped the ARSENAL line all together.

As far as the quality of the brake. It's good, but I think they could have scaled it down a little bit, as it is a bit chunky.

You know, about five or so years ago, some entity was selling these, an almost exact duplicate, extended, and was meant to be welded on. I've seen a few in person  several years ago, but I never did find out who was making them. These weren't the one's from Chris, that also had the built in muzzle brake. Anyway, these one's were a bit slimmer than this one, and looked really good.

When I first called ARSENAL about these brake's, JULIA told me that the cone extended past the muzzle. This is not correct. It offer's ZERO flash hiding capabilities. I would suggest anyone wanting a Flash Hider, could do 1 of 4 things:

1) Cut the barrel, and weld on the fake Krink brake

2) Thread barrel for a flash hider

3) Cut barrel and weld on the IGF extended Vortex style flash hider. (Though I think Jayson from IGF could have made the prong's slightly shorter. I should ask him if he can)

4) Register gun as a SBR, and install a Bulgarian FH. (For those who live in the FREE STATE'S)

Overall I'm happy with the way the gun look's. However, I haven't decided whether or not to go ahead and chop the barrel and weld the brake on or not. If I wanted a FH, that's what I'd have to do. Better make my mind up before I have the rifle refinished with a good finish!

Link Posted: 12/30/2007 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I had received a PM from a fellow member from another forum that sold me his Krink brake, as he purchased his rifle for the purpose of SB'ing it.

As far as the remake's from Chris. ARSENAL requested that he NOT manufacture any. At this point, I'm not sure what Chris is going to do. Perhaps this was a request from ARSENAL as their planning on selling them through K-Var, but this again would be contradictory to past statement's.

I know that a few dealer's have been PO'd about this situation involving the brake's (It's just not us), and even one has dropped the ARSENAL line all together.

As far as the quality of the brake. It's good, but I think they could have scaled it down a little bit, as it is a bit chunky.

You know, about five or so years ago, some entity was selling these, an almost exact duplicate, extended, and was meant to be welded on. I've seen a few in person  several years ago, but I never did find out who was making them. These weren't the one's from Chris, that also had the built in muzzle brake. Anyway, these one's were a bit slimmer than this one, and looked really good.

When I first called ARSENAL about these brake's, JULIA told me that the cone extended past the muzzle. This is not correct. It offer's ZERO flash hiding capabilities. I would suggest anyone wanting a Flash Hider, could do 1 of 4 things:

1) Cut the barrel, and weld on the fake Krink brake

2) Thread barrel for a flash hider

3) Cut barrel and weld on the IGF extended Vortex style flash hider. (Though I think Jayson from IGF could have made the prong's slightly shorter. I should ask him if he can)

4) Register gun as a SBR, and install a Bulgarian FH. (For those who live in the FREE STATE'S)

Overall I'm happy with the way the gun look's. However, I haven't decided whether or not to go ahead and chop the barrel and weld the brake on or not. If I wanted a FH, that's what I'd have to do. Better make my mind up before I have the rifle refinished with a good finish!

LIONHART

Thanks for the update and the info on the flashhider.

Like you, I have some thinking to do before I make up my mind.

The 107CR starting to grow on me without the  krink flashhider.

Have you shot yours yet? If yes , How did it shoot? I had mine a few weeks and have not gotten to the range yet.

John
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top