Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/30/2024 9:22:09 PM EDT
Are these pretty effective, or about the same as the regular brake? I am going to get a PSA Krink  and was thinking about getting one of these............tell me about your experiences with them
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one on a krink. I am not sure what it did except increase the pressure back to the rifle. It was  quite blasty with a nice fireball. After a while I got tired of it and sold it with the krink.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:39:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nictra] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dntama:
I had one on a krink. I am not sure what it did except increase the pressure back to the rifle. It was  quite blasty with a nice fireball. After a while I got tired of it and sold it with the krink.
View Quote
not my experience at all. The 4 piece kills a lot of flash (did not shoot at night), and the weight actually helps with recoil mitigation. I never noticed any extra back pressure either, but I wasn't looking for it.

Try using a 74 brake on it for fire balls.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:27:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whiterabbit2u] [#3]
I have an old military 24mm Bulgy 4pc with a thread adapter and there is zero flash from my M70 and just a hair of flash occasionally from my WBP Mini Jack at night. It does feel like recoil increases on the WBP but that is versus a SI J Comp that usually lives on both of them.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Whiterabbit2u:
I have an old military 24mm Bulgy 4pc with a thread adapter and there is zero flash from my M70 and just a hair of flash occasionally from my WBP Mini Jack at night. It does fell like recoil increases on the WBP but that is versus a SI J Comp that usually lives on both of them.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply............I am going to get a PSA Krink soon and wanted to get one for it, and had heard that the flash is much less with these installed
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

Thanks for the reply............I am going to get a PSA Krink soon and wanted to get one for it, and had heard that the flash is much less with these installed
View Quote

Saw a video years ago, probably 8-9 years or so, and a guy went out at night and tested quite a few conventional flash hiders and also the 4-piece booster you're talking about. And I mean it was startling how well it killed the flash, totally blew away the flash hiders, there was almost nothing escaped it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

Saw a video years ago, probably 8-9 years or so, and a guy went out at night and tested quite a few conventional flash hiders and also the 4-piece booster you're talking about. And I mean it was startling how well it killed the flash, totally blew away the flash hiders, there was almost nothing escaped it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've seen videos in the past about them and it seemed to work pretty good..............I also like the looks of them as well, and I am also going to put Arsenal black Krink handguards and a pistol grip on it. I like the total black look, although the wood handguards are nice
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry Comrade, it's not a break it's a Booster and design to increase back pressure for short gas systems, they are also a excellent flash suppressor, but it will increase the recoil and add extra wear if using on full length gas systems
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#8]
The biggest advantage on my M92 short of flash reduction is that it throws the majority of the muzzle blast forward so you don't get the same loud ass concussion that the og bell booster gives you. To the shooter it sounds like shooting a regular 16" AK.

If you're not shooting suppressed the 4pc is the next best option. And as stated it still maintains the added backpressure to ensure the short barrel always cycles even in poor conditions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mancat:
The biggest advantage on my M92 short of flash reduction is that it throws the majority of the muzzle blast forward so you don't get the same loud ass concussion that the og bell booster gives you. To the shooter it sounds like shooting a regular 16" AK.

If you're not shooting suppressed the 4pc is the next best option. And as stated it still maintains the added backpressure to ensure the short barrel always cycles even in poor conditions.
View Quote

That's what I was wanting......reduced blast is a good thing
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This is my experience as well. The 4 piece is a remarkable device, and there was period (maybe in the Suarez era when he was pimping the AK105, after he dumped the AK47, but before he turned on the 105 and went HK, and then he turned on HK and went with something else like he did all the time) when it was all the rage to use them on the AK105 because it was a brake, a booster and FH all in one

Link Posted: Yesterday 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#11]
On my 545 krink, it's a superb flash hider. It doesn't nothing to increase back pressure.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By M4A1SOPMOD:
On my 545 krink, it's a superb flash hider. It doesn't nothing to increase back pressure.
View Quote

Thanka for the reply..... definitely going to get one for my Krink when I get it
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top