Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/15/2023 2:49:21 PM EDT
What's the general consensus on these PSA 5.56 AR mag AKs?  I heard they only function well with G2 Pmags?  G3 won't work?  tan / magpul follower USGI mags won't work?

How do they compare in quality and reliability to say a Zastava 5.56 AK?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a PSA AK 556 and it functioned well with my p-mags, the ones with the gray followers but I don't know what gen they were. I never had an issue with it and it ran well, my son has it now and like's it a lot. I also had a Zastava M90 556 for about a year but sold it off, it was a very beautiful well functioning rifle. 2 reasons why I sold it are, I tried 4 different types of brass ammo through it and couldn't get it to group good. It averaged 6" at 100 yards with everything I put through it, and I lose interest real quick in a rifle like that. The 2nd reason was the M90 was heavy with a 1.5mm receiver, I like my AK's light weight, but that's just my personal choice. I recently picked up a PSA 101 and a 102 in 556 and I have been impressed with their function and accuracy and build quality. Lots of options out there for finicky shoppers like me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
No one knows, huh?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I like mine so far...got about 300rds through it without any issues using different pmags and GI mags.  I would like to change the muzzlebreak to an A2 flashhider.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top