Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2022 1:15:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shadows]
Have had this for a decade or more.  Norinco 56S-1 with no import marking.  Very crude stamping. Any thoughts on what this is or history?

ETA: pics of barrel stamping

ETA: pics of barrel stamping
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 2:54:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#1]
Looks like a Siles, NY, import to me. I had one exactly like it.

Don't know why it's missing import stamp. Sometimes they were stamped real light and barely visible.

Beautiful gun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen the import mark on the barrel before. Very small, and sometimes very light.
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Will check the barrel.  Thanks for commenting
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Added pics of barrel stamping.  Looks like SAC CA
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shadows:
Added pics of barrel stamping.  Looks like SAC CA
View Quote

Import Arms Co, Sacramento CA.
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#6]
IA CO SAC CA stands for InterAmerican Company, Sacramento, California.
It was also known as InterAmerican Import Export Company.
InterAmerican imported firearms and parts kits from China, Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, England, Germany, Israel, Australia, Brazil and some other countries.
Pacific International Merchandising Co (PIMCO), along with Armex Intl (a class 3 dealer) and Old Sacramento Armoury (a retail gun store) were the three different extensions that distributed the wares of InterAmerican at the local retail, wholesale and class 3 levels.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Legit.
Import Stamp on Barrel.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By m62-m76:
Legit.
Import Stamp on Barrel.
View Quote

Yes, and notice how smooth the triangle 66 barrels are to allow that stamp. I've seen barrels from other Chinese factories that look like they are threaded from muzzle to chamber because they never bothered with a finishing cut on the lathe .
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
i have a Poly Tech with 2 import stamps , typical Kengs by the magwell  , and on the barrel RAI , Royal Arms International , they imported for Hollyweird
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top