View Quote
Got a section of one?
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Buffman_LT1:
Got a section of one?
View Quote

I shot some into plywood years ago. Inside the steel outer shell is a black plastic core. It would come apart or deform and they would be laying on my backstop
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Still have 1000 rnds of that stuff.  Cycled in AKs but would not unlock and cycle an SKS.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I used a fair amount of this stuff years ago. I agree that functioning in an SKS is inconsistent.

Some lots worked ok and I saved those for the young kids to shoot.

I was surprised that these would shoot through an 8" diameter tree trunk at close range. Even though the core is plastic, it's a very dense, HDPE like material.

I sectioned some of these for my collection but they are long gone and the pics I took were lost somehow.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top