Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/20/2024 11:02:43 PM EDT
Hello all,

I have a recently purchased PSA AK 101 and would like to build it out with a red dot and suppressor. I have the PSA AK101AKM sku 51655152180. The barrel has 1/2x28 threads.

For the red dot, I would like to use an Ultimak gas tube rail, and for the suppressor a Forward Control Designs 6315 KM muzzle device and a KNS adjustable gas piston.

My questions are: Is the Ultimak M1-B the correct Ultimak for the 5.56 PSA AK 101? and is there enough shoulder on the barrel to mount the FCD muzzle device with accu washers?

Is the AGP-A-31S the correct adjustable gas piston for this rifle? Thank you for any help that you might provide. Im relatively new to AK's and the 5.56 is quite diffrent from my x39 rifle.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes the 1/2 shoulder is plenty for you mount. Don't forget Rocksett.

M1B ultimak will fit, however, if you wanna bleed off more gas suppressed(less rearward emission), go with the M2B ported. Just my preference.

Adjustable piston will fit, but there is some measuring and adjustments you have to make on your end.

(I've rebarreled ak74s into 556s) before the market caught up)

Side not: maybe think about using a RS Regulate side mount instead of an ultimak. Since you'll be using a fixed stock, optic preference is up to you. I have some ultimaks I like, but adding side mount is nice for other optics.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top