Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/28/2024 6:04:10 PM EDT
need to add an under folder to a Draco C, looking for someone to do it, as far as ARs ADCO is the go to guy, im looking for the go to guy for AKs
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Good buddy of mine in AZ (Josh), used to run Lee Armory.  Give him a shout he will take care of you

[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By raverill:
Good buddy of mine in AZ (Josh), used to run Lee Armory.  Give him a shout he will take care of you

[email protected]
View Quote

didn't they close?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MiamiSniper:

didn't they close?
View Quote

They did, market conditions made it tough
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
are you mechanically inclined? Do you own a drill press? It's like 3 holes drilled, unless you wanna count the stepping up bits process.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve had Two River Arms do a few AK builds for me years ago. They were fast, affordable, and excellent communication.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Dons guns in fort myers  is known for aks he built 6 for us so far over the years  with never an issue
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Troy Sellers (sp) with inrange use to be my go to guy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Iron Curtain Customs has done lots of work for me.  Quick turn around as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By schornstinefager:
Dons guns in fort myers  is known for aks he built 6 for us so far over the years  with never an issue
View Quote

back in the late 90's I sent a norinco for them to thread and install a break, got it back, went to the range and was hitting about 20 yards left of the target, after a while I realized the break was installed improperly. had to send elsewhere to be redone,,, they have a 2.4 reviews..
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I realized after reading my post again it came across as condescending.  Not my intention OP.

It's actually pretty simple process, however, to answer your question I typically use Matt Yeamans.  I've also used InRange as previously stated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By nictra:
I realized after reading my post again it came across as condescending.  Not my intention OP.

It's actually pretty simple process, however, to answer your question I typically use Matt Yeamans.  I've also used InRange as previously stated.
View Quote

If it’s any consolation, I didn’t think your post was condescending!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen you be that way over here to be honest.

OP, I can also confirm I’ve had excellent work from Matt Yeamans, InRange, and Two Rivers.  That said, I’ve been polling for some work in the last few months and every builder I’ve talked to is charging 3-4x what they have in years past.  Prepare for some sticker shock.  

Buying the tools, jigs, and fixtures to do things myself is starting to look economical.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:05:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MiamiSniper] [#12]
Originally Posted By nictra:
are you mechanically inclined? Do you own a drill press? It's like 3 holes drilled, unless you wanna count the stepping up bits process.
View Quote

not condescending at all, I do have tools, what I don't have is time, I work 16/18 hours day 7 days a week, my last day off was in May 2023,  bought this Draco C in 2011 and the under folder I purchased here about 5 years ago, last month finally sent for the form 1 and just got it, don't want to wait another 5 years to have time to do it. just pay someone good, have it done, look at it for a few days then put it back in the safe

@nictra
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#13]
CW Gunwerks, Troy sellers

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fordtuff:
CW Gunwerks, Troy sellers

View Quote

got a quote from CW today, $300 and 10 weeks wait
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Troy sellers no longer does repairs, only builds...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top