Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2024 1:58:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mal3516]
I own several AKs in 7.62x39- imports, psa, even a nice old Norinco.   Familiar and happy with that platform.  Been wanting to branch out to a smaller cartridge.   545 seems dry and expensive.  So I’m looking at 5.56 and PSA is fine with me.

Parameters:
1- don’t care if it uses AR mags. I don’t own any ARs. Never been a fan.
2- rifle length or pinned and welded.
3- would like to spend 7000-1200 range.

Couple questions:

1- are the kinks worked out of the 100s?  Which 100 to go with?
2- standard AK furniture and such workable on it?
3- what accuracy are owners seeing?
4- reliability?

Appreciate any responses.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
My 102 has been fine, but the 101 I bought had to go back twice to get it running right (turned out to be a rough chamber).  Honestly, I'd look at a WBP 556 Jack if this was going to be your only 556 AK.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Ended up ordering a 102 p/w
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the 102 p/w rifle from PSA a few months back and have ran about 500-600 rounds through it. It has never had any issues and is surprisingly accurate with the 12.5" barrel and krink break. It's a pretty soft shooter, no much recoil at all. I've never shoot steel cased ammo through it, all it gets is PMC brass 55gr. Congrats on your new rifle, you made a good choice!
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Unit-59:
I bought the 102 p/w rifle from PSA a few months back and have ran about 500-600 rounds through it. It has never had any issues and is surprisingly accurate with the 12.5" barrel and krink break. It's a pretty soft shooter, no much recoil at all. I've never shoot steel cased ammo through it, all it gets is PMC brass 55gr. Congrats on your new rifle, you made a good choice!
View Quote

Thanks.  Looking at stocking a few spare parts.  Is a WBP bolt going to fit, or another manufacturer?
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
When it comes to AKs there is no drop in bolt. A new bolt will require headspacing.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MustyWaffles:
When it comes to AKs there is no drop in bolt. A new bolt will require headspacing.
View Quote

Is that specific to a 556 PSA, or all AKs?  I’ve dropped milsurp bolts into my 762x39 polish, Romanian, Chinese, and Bulgarians AKS many times before, and in parts box builds.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mal3516:

Is that specific to a 556 PSA, or all AKs?  I’ve dropped milsurp bolts into my 762x39 polish, Romanian, Chinese, and Bulgarians AKS many times before, and in parts box builds.
View Quote

Are you talking carrier or the actual bolt itself? I do not recommend just dropping in random bolts.
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top