BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2023 9:39:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Former Soviet ammunition factory coded #60.

Some of their 7.62x39mm was recently imported by BVA and they appear to have a partnership of sorts with the Russian ammunition factory "Vympel" in Amursk.

Being in Kyrgyzstan, this should circumvent the Russian import ban that is pending.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS take a look see.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I just hope they figure out Americans expect Non-Corrosive primers in our ammunition and take steps to ensure that is what gets loaded instead of the Soviet era corrosive primers they are used to using.

Link Posted: 3/3/2023 7:18:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigHunt:
I just hope they figure out Americans expect Non-Corrosive primers in our ammunition and take steps to ensure that is what gets loaded instead of the Soviet era corrosive primers they are used to using.

View Quote

I'd be good with corrosive ammo if the price was right. The corrosive BSP 7.62 is selling for 37cpr shipped right now compared to 40-45cpr for most other steel cased options. Should be a little cheaper but my suspicion is the BSP will stay stable and the other options will keep creeping up toward 50cpr or higher.

There is no voodoo magic to cleaning corrosive ammo. For long time all I ever did was use Hoppes on my Mosins and never saw a hint of corrosion. Now I'd probably use a Ballistol and water mix in a squirt bottle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no VooDoo, but where I live it is very humid, and if you don't completely strip your AK or SKS and use a toothbrush and Dawn detergent on every surface that was exposed to the powder residue it WILL rust.

There is no hosing it off with a water hose it HAS to be scrubbed.

So a complete teardown for only maybe 2 or 3 mags is a no go for me.

I haven't shot my AK74 in 4 or 5 years because I hate cleaning it and the ammo is so expensive I don't want to do 300 rounds or more range sessions like I used to with it. It's just not worth it to shoot it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I pour a bottle of Dasani down the barrel of my Mosin while the barrel is still hot and I’m GTG. YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Where Bishkek is located... one should probably expect the ammunition to be significantly more expensive because of shipping costs.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top