Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2024 1:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated]
Sure the shiny black Ceracoat looks close enough for most folks but it ain't real bluing. My only concern is that it's a giant pain in the ass to strip Ceracoat aside from media blasting it and I feel like there are alot of little nooks and crannies on the gun that would be a bitch to reach to completely strip with blasting. Unless you completely tear the gun down to individual pieces including depopulating the whole barrel assembly. But maybe I'm underestimating what a pro can do with it. I suppose if there are bits of Ceracoat left in some deep unseen crevice inside the receiver that's whatever, but where the front sling mount gets captured by the barrel and gas block for example, is a pretty visible area that you can see but seems like it'd be tough to really hit with a media blaster in some of those cuts.

Just curious if anyone's done it and what it entailed to not do a hack-job. There's a YouTube video of a dude who had that idea, but I think he just sanded off the visible external areas and whatever was easy enough to reach in a basic field-stripped state, and then sounds like he tried to cold blue it. I guess it looked pretty good on video but I'd prefer to remove all traces of Ceracoat inside and out before bluing and have it properly hot blued all around.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I don't have one, but I fully support your idea OP, super cool project and I think it would look awesome!

Tagging for interest and hoping you go ahead with this.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
This guy did exactly what you want, OP. And it looks absolutely fantastic.

PSA Spiker AK done right! Palmetto State Armory Type-56 AK-47 UPDATE
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top