Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2021 6:46:24 PM EDT

On arrival the front sight post of my new-in-box Arsenal SAM7SF is perfectly centered. Won’t be able to get to the range for a couple of weeks. The owners manual claims the rifle is zero’d at the factory. Curious if that is true?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen dead on and miles off... wors thing ever are these plastic flip up sights on modern sporting rifles (AR)
Before I shoot the first life round I drop in a laser bore-sight and center @ 25M. This reliably gets me on paper at 50M which is my default zero distance for 5.56 and 762x39.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The sights on my new SAM7SF were gtg out of the box.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenTaxi:
The sights on my new SAM7SF were gtg out of the box.
View Quote

I hope that’s the case with mine. I’d be ecstatic if my sight post was centered. Big time OCD here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine was way off out of the box. Zeroed it nearly maxed out right.

No big deal. It’s zeroed now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:20:54 AM EDT
[#5]
My SLR-101S (same exact gun as the SAM7) was dead on out of the box.  I was ringing steel with ease at 100 yards the first time I took it out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
My SLR-101S (same exact gun as the SAM7) was dead on out of the box.  I was ringing steel with ease at 100 yards the first time I took it out.
View Quote

I hope mine is dead on too. Everything looks good as far eyeballing the gas tube and front tite doesn;t look crooked.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Joguwa86:
Mine was way off out of the box. Zeroed it nearly maxed out right.

No big deal. It’s zeroed now.
View Quote

Same here. Used Tapco sight tool.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:33:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

I hope mine is dead on too. Everything looks good as far eyeballing the gas tube and front tite doesn;t look crooked.
View Quote

That's the biggest thing is just making sure there's no cant or anything.  My other SAM7 I used to have was also dead on out of the box so hopefully yours shoots well, too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#9]
My Sam7SF-84 was zeroed out of the box when new 5 years ago.  I was pleasantly surprised at the time.

Hking
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

That's the biggest thing is just making sure there's no cant or anything.  My other SAM7 I used to have was also dead on out of the box so hopefully yours shoots well, too.
View Quote

Thanks, it would bother me bad if I had to move the post all the way right or left.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks, it would bother me bad if I had to move the post all the way right or left.
View Quote

Looks kinda weird but it’s fine. Really doesn’t matter with my MRO.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine is hitting the paper at 50 but slightly off so i am
Chalking that up to ammo
Differences
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine was not. It was low at 25 and lower at 50. I ordered a front sight tool. It seems I will need to lower the front sight to raise the POI.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had mine for some time, several years.  Mine was
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 4:27:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine was off.  Have it pushed all the way to the left.  As along as it can be zeroed it’s in spec.  Buy a front sight tool everyone should have one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By fullmedaljacket8:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fullmedaljacket8:

I finally took the rifle to the range a few weeks ago, took it with my Zastava M70. I was shooting the M70 and it was dead on at 50 yds. I shot the SAM and was hitting the dirt when shooting at the lower tagets, lol. A few screws in the front sight with my needle-nose and it was tits on.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Mine was not, but was in the ball park on paper. Zeroed, the front sight now sits to the left somewhat. Did not take too many turns, etc. to get it where I needed it to go.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#18]
I put a Trijicon 3x24 Compact Dual Illuminated ACOG Scope 400238 on mine Red dot
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top