Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2023 7:14:03 AM EDT
I recently purchased a new to me Arsenal SLR-107.  I am having the hardest time getting it zeroed, even with with optics.  It is obvious something is bent or canted but I am not sure if it is something that I can fix or if it is even fixable.  
Pretty much when I am shooting it is constantly just going left.  With Iron sights the front sight post is maxed out to the left and I am still shooting 2-3 inches left at about 10 yards and at 25 yards it is about 10-11 inches to the left.  The same is said for optics.  I have tried it with two different optics, an ACOG and a PA Prism 1x.  The acog on the mount it was on was maxed out in windage and it was still shooting 3 inches left at 25 yards.  With the PA Prism I was able to get it zeroed windage at 10 yards but at 25 yards it shot 9 inches left. (This is when I came to the conclusion something was definitely wrong)
The groupings are tight but all to the left.  From what I am able to google fu obviously the front sight appears to be canted maybe or even the barrel/trunnion may have been put at an angle. (Speculative)  Is there a way to confirm the issue or possibly fix this or am I stuck with a gun that shoots constantly left?  All help is appreciated.  Or if there is someone I could show the gun to, or send off to see about helping get this issue resolved?  Thank you all in advance.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a send it back to Arsenal for repair type of situation.  

If an optic is out of adjustment due to the optic mount being so far out of alignment with the barrel, plus the iron sights are similarly out of alignment with the barrel, seems likely that it is a major factory defect.  Like maybe a bent barrel defect…

There are gages and such to check for this, but the easiest thing is to just get ahold of Arsenal….
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#2]
That’s what I was afraid of.  I will reach out to Arsenal and see what they say.  Thank you for the reply.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Any updates, OP?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I talked to Arsenal and they are willing to look at it.  However, it is out of warranty as I bought second hand from gunbroker and sounds like I will need to pay for the repairs myself along with costs if shipping it there etc.  I am going to do it, just waiting till I have the spare coin to do so.  
I will update this thread once I get a final update.  Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be able to fire it off.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top