BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2017 3:15:05 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the Polish rifles that Atlantic is currently selling? The ad says they have the hammer forged chrome lined barrels, which is a big plus. But, they are a bit pricey, and was just wondering if they are really worth it. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not an authentic looking Polish AKM. I don't know why they decided to add a scope rail, and a blingy bolt carrier. For me, that just ruins the look. There are enough rifles on the market that already feature a side optics rail.
If Atlantic offered a more traditional Polish AKM without the rail, without the bling, and correct selector markings, then they would have something. Until then, I have no desire to own one. Too bad, as they do look like nicely assembled rifles.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By tstorm31:
Does anyone have any experience with the Polish rifles that Atlantic is currently selling? The ad says they have the hammer forged chrome lined barrels, which is a big plus. But, they are a bit pricey, and was just wondering if they are really worth it. Thanks for any info.
View Quote

I've been looking/interested in these also for awhile. I agree the CHF polish barrels are a BIG plus.

Just haven't made the plunge yet.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Polish AKM's came with polished carriers as well as blued and painted. I agree that the nickel plating isn't original, but it doesn't look too out of place.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:58:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it's a great looking AK, just wish it didn't have the scope mount.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
Polish AKM's came with polished carriers as well as blued and painted. I agree that the nickel plating isn't original, but it doesn't look too out of place.
View Quote
Are the nickel plated carriers/bolts not original?  I've had two 1960s era Polish AK kits with matching numbers and both had nickel plated carriers and bolts.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
View Quote
You mean you wish it didn't have a side rail?  Is there a problem with it being there (like it gets in the way of your left-folding stock you want to add)?  

I can think of a major problem with it not being there - no good way to mount optics without pricey modifications like an Ultimak or dogleg rail.

I think this thread is the first time I have seen "I wish it didn't have a way to mount optics" when talking about AKs for sale.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Are the nickel plated carriers/bolts not original?  I've had two 1960s era Polish AK kits with matching numbers and both had nickel plated carriers and bolts.
View Quote
No country plated their bolts/bolt carriers. Your parts were more than likely polished in the white. If they were indeed plated, it wasn't done by the factory.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 6:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Talyn] [#9]
View Quote
And I'm glad it does.

These are nice parts guns not original collector items.  The side rail makes them more versatile.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#10]

No country plated their bolts/bolt carriers. Your parts were more than likely polished in the white. If they were indeed plated, it wasn't done by the factory.
View Quote
OK, they just have just been in the white then.  I assumed they were plated due to the lack of corrosion.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Talyn:

And I'm glad it does.

These are nice parts guns not original collector items.  The side rail makes them more versatile.
View Quote
True, just parts guns, but have a classic look that would be even better with clean sides.  A year ago, Atlantic had some nice "Premium" Polish AKs without optics rails.

I don't disagree with having optics capable AKs though, have two from Arsenal that are.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:31:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LIONHART] [#12]

View Quote
China did. Chris Butler believed it to be a zince based plating, but I don't know what it is exactly.
While I would have liked to have seen Atlantic offer a more authentic Polish AKM, the rifles do look pretty good.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

China did. Chris Butler believed it to be a zince based plating, but I don't know what it is exactly.
While I would have liked to have seen Atlantic offer a more authentic Polish AKM, the rifles do look pretty good.
View Quote
That's the first I've heard of this. Must not have been all of them because I've blued a few Chinese bolt carriers.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:00:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medalhedd] [#14]
Keep an eye on Atlantic. I did and picked this up from them not too long ago.

Polish kit w/ matching numbers on a Childers receiver and an FB radom chrome lined barrel.

I think the receiver has the correct selector markings?

No side rail either...

Nice gun

Polish hardwood...

Attachment Attached File

Polish laminate...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By medalhedd:

Polish kit w/ matching numbers on a Childers receiver and an FB radom chrome lined barrel.

No side rail either...

Nice gun

Polish hardwood...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66737/Screenshot-2017-07-23-18-02-15-1-261227.JPG

Polish laminate...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66737/2017-07-23-17-261223.JPG
View Quote
Nice rifle! I didn't know that Atlantic had offered this in the past. I've only seen the other for the last few years.
Hopefully they'll make a return!
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seekwolf] [#16]
I ordered the last one they had last night . Aks are blowing up in prices for anything Russian or vepr . That usually  always means that all prices will rise on all types and brands . For the price and build specs you really can't find a better brand new ak as of yesterday from a manufacturer/dealer .

EDIT: yes they are from a new parts kit
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#17]

No side rail either...

Nice gun

Polish hardwood...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66737/Screenshot-2017-07-23-18-02-15-1-261227.JPG

Polish laminate...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/66737/2017-07-23-17-261223.JPG
View Quote
I did not know that they were using Childers receivers. I have been waiting for them to build AK's on the Childers receivers for a while now.

I just looked on the site, and only found one Polish AK. It looks like the one in your picture, but with a nickel bolt carrier. I know that it has the FB barrel, but there was no mention of what receiver it was built on.

Do you know for sure that it was built on a Childers receiver? I'm not doubting you, it's just that this is the first time I have seen an Atlantic Polish AK built on that receiver.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medalhedd] [#18]
Originally Posted By waddlingweezol:

I did not know that they were using Childers receivers. I have been waiting for them to build AK's on the Childers receivers for a while now.

I just looked on the site, and only found one Polish AK. It looks like the one in your picture, but with a nickel bolt carrier. I know that it has the FB barrel, but there was no mention of what receiver it was built on.

Do you know for sure that it was built on a Childers receiver? I'm not doubting you, it's just that this is the first time I have seen an Atlantic Polish AK built on that receiver.

Thanks
View Quote
No problem at all

Under the trigger guard on the receiver is stamped Childers, with their Polish receiver model number code. I found a link going back to the ad on Atlantic's site, let's see if this works, cause the pictures show the Polish stamping, no rail, etc. If they offer these again, I'm going pick up another.

Link

p.s. on mine, I removed all the white paint on the lettering once i got it
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#19]

No problem at all

Under the trigger guard on the receiver is stamped Childers, with their Polish receiver model number code. I found a link going back to the ad on Atlantic's site, let's see if this works, cause the pictures show the Polish stamping, no rail, etc. If they offer these again, I'm going pick up another.

Link

p.s. on mine, I removed all the white paint on the lettering once i got it
View Quote
Ok I see it now. Thanks!

I remember seeing that a while back, but never clicked to read the full description of the rifle. It must have been the "Petranov Arms" name being unfamiliar to me that made me overlook it. I'll keep an eye out to see if they come back.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#21]
No experience. But I would love to own one
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I see that they got a new shipment in a couple days. Never owned an AK before. Could this be the one? Hmmm
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 5:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rascal_Tipper] [#23]
Originally Posted By TheNuge:
I see that they got a new shipment in a couple days. Never owned an AK before. Could this be the one? Hmmm
View Quote
Yes, it could be "the one".  (the Polska CG1)

I'm impatiently awaiting that next shipment.

From what I've seen and heard from those who already have one, it is quite a nice AK - high quality, great fit and finish, and worth every penny.

New comm-bloc parts on a Childers receiver, hammer-forged barrel, assembled and finished by a first-rate manufacturer - what's not to like?  

Atlantic Firearms is top-notch to deal with as well.
Link Posted: 12/16/2017 11:36:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Rascal_Tipper:

Yes, it could be "the one".  (the Polska CG1)

I'm impatiently awaiting that next shipment.

From what I've seen and heard from those who already have one, it is quite a nice AK - high quality, great fit and finish, and worth every penny.

New comm-bloc parts on a Childers receiver, hammer-forged barrel, assembled and finished by a first-rate manufacturer - what's not to like?  

Atlantic Firearms is top-notch to deal with as well.
View Quote
Either Polish Atlantic build on the Childers or Morrissey reciever is the best premium ak you can buy right now for price / quality / performance.

I think they plan on offering other variants in the future .

They sell out within two weeks or less  when they come back in stock . I think they have found buyers regardless of what’s era correct and I’m patiently awaiting a SBR ready underfolder .
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:53:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#25]
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Any WBP Classic Woods' on the way?

Thx
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 9:46:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#28]
I recently purchased the Polish with the Childers receiver from atlantic.  Could not be happier.  Shoots straight and is well built.  Mags lock up snugly and have almost no wobble.  G2 trigger is smooth and feels great. Childers reciver markings are excellent.

Anyone on the fence about this needs to pull the trigger and order it. Also comes with a sweet range bag from Atlantic

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/childers-pol-wbp-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:55:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#30]
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

View Quote
I would say he's wrong. I base that on the fact that my gun shop sold hundreds of Chinese AKs both pre-ban and the MAKs after. The carriers were not plated. No country plated their carrier or bolts. They were polished, satin, blued, parked and painted but none were plated with zinc or chrome.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:51:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#32]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
We have a WBP Rifle built with  no scope rail as an alternative to the Wood stock models . These would look sweet with the Fabryka Broni Beryl stock. They are also built with the popular FB Radom hammer forged chome lined AK 47 barrel.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/riley%20defense%20polish%20wbp%20ak47%20rifle%20(11).jpg
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/riley%20defense%20polish%20wbp%20ak47%20rifle%20(6).jpg
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/archer%20ak%20stock%20(1%20of%204).jpg
View Quote
Any cause for concern with this rifle given the recent train wreck with another Riley Defense AK?

I skimmed a thread on another AK forum and there seems to be some blame being placed on Hungarian and POLISH parts RD switched to from cast US made parts.  Does this include the WBP parts kits as used in this rifle?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By tstorm31:
View Quote

Just got mine today and it is as advertice is a beauty, purchase two boxes of ammo right there at the dealer and we shot 40 rounds at the range max distance 50 yards and wow it is very accurate right out of the box with the cheapest tula ammo all in a orange size circle, I am sold on this gun much better than my WASER 10.
To recap this rifle is well worth the extra coins by the way the WASER is now in the 700 + range this one is 200 more but I think you get a better product from Poland.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Agreed, I’ve had mine for a couple years. Build quality is great and I had great experience with their staff.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Received my plum Fox today.  It is as others have said, a quality rifle!  Fit and finish is at least equal to the Arsenal SLR's and the old SGL's.   I have a quick question, what are the US 922r parts on these?
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
On the Plum FOX AK47 for sale US Parts would be , Stock set , Mag and Muzzle brake .
View Quote
How about the classic? I assume mag and muzzle, what other 3?
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JVP:

Received my plum Fox today.  It is as others have said, a quality rifle!  Fit and finish is at least equal to the Arsenal SLR's and the old SGL's.   I have a quick question, what are the US 922r parts on these?
View Quote
Thank you!  That's what I was able to figure out but I am glad that you verified.

I shot it yesterday and as the others have indicated these are pretty accurate.   Also, unlike most others, the rifle didn't require and sight adjustment being pretty much on zero out pf the box.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By JVP:

Thank you!  That's what I was able to figure out but I am glad that you verified.

I shot it yesterday and as the others have indicated these are pretty accurate.   Also, unlike most others, the rifle didn't require and sight adjustment being pretty much on zero out pf the box.
View Quote

Polish accuracy is no surprise:

- the Polish “Archer” 556 was the only true AK with a factory sub-MOA guarantee that I know of.  

Polish AK barrels tend to be very accurate in the AK platform.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#41]
The WBP Rifles and, mini Jack Pistols are probably the nicest imports currently available! All matching numbers, fit and finish excellent, they are nice and straight, all the rivets are perfect. I’ve seen 5 or 6 in person, and have shot the mini jack. Very impressed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:47:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackalAR] [#42]
Atlantic's (welcomed) email barrage of Jack Classics being in stock has me wanting to sell a rare custom knife to fund one pretty badly. I saw the Fox 5,000 rd. update from AKOU and the badly peened carrier tail had me concerned. Any idea if this has been addressed over the years, or maybe change in trigger group? Any issues with sight cant, imperfect rivets, or mag latches? My WASR-10 had such an extreme cant I had to switch to the KNS peep ap. rear sight and I had to replace the mag catch to work with surplus mags. Thanks!

ETA: Looks like Rob had received one with a Tapco G3(?) that WBP claimed was typically off on 18/23 points, so they had him grind the hump off the hammer face which didn't seem to work. It sounds like they now ship with the original trigger group, so maybe that was to address this issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 10:29:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#43]
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks! Do they work with surplus mags or has the mag latch been hogged out for poly?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#45]
I shot one yesterday and it was wonderful.

It was my son's AK.

First time at the range and dead on zeroed right out of the box with the front sight post well centered between the "ears".
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#46]
FANTASTIC RIFLE!

I picked up my first one last week and had the first range session yesterday. (WBP Jack)

Rifle was PERFECTLY zeroed out of the box with the front sight post in the middle of the base. I’ve never received an AK of that quality. I’ve had 6-7 different AK’s over the years.

I fired 300 rounds on my first range trip with the rifle, zero malfunctions.

Rifle has worked well with all types of mags:

Polish new and surplus
Romanian and various surplus
Bulgarian new Steel
Chinese no rib
Yugo BHO
Circle 10 waffle mags
Tula Bakelite
US palm

Rifle grouped well with Vympel 124 grain.

Overall I’m impressed with the fit, finish, and function of the rifle at the price point.

I really hope they bring in a Polish underfolder AKMS clone in the future!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#48]
RogerRoger above listed all the different mags he tried with his.

I was there and it ran them all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#49]
I just picked up the WBP MiniJack, a VERY nice build. It had no problems running various mags... ChiCom flat back, Euro poly, Magpul, cheap Korean, & some unknown beat up surplus mags. ALS trigger was an easy install and Bonesteel R/S folding brace fit with no issues/drama. The wood furniture looks great and the WBP ribbed hand guards fit & look the business. It was zeroed out of the box and surprisingly accurate for a short barreled AK!! A smooth shooter even with a big ol' Bulgy 4pc flash hider.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 2:33:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAssault] [#50]
Mine has a very nice fit and finish. I have 300 rds fired and there’s hardly any finish wear inside, everything is VERY well timed. I’ve owned about every type of AK available in the US and it’s no doubt one of the nicest. My only complaint about it is the odd US gas piston and the 800M rear sight.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top