Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/28/2022 4:34:46 PM EDT
Are the rifles currently being sold by Century still shipped from the factory with receivers sized for single stack mags or are they standard size now?

I seem to recall that Century ground out the inside of the receiver after they arrived in the US at one point.

Is that still the case?

Link Posted: 3/1/2022 1:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eugene_stoner] [#1]
Bought a 2020 dated WASR in October of 2020 and it definitely had the ground out magwell. I sold that gun a few months ago so I can't take any pictures unfortunately.

I was under the impression that current import regs require the gun to come in at least somehow unable to accept double stack mags. That is why the Romanian SAR series (factory double stack magwell) was discontinued before bringing in the WASR series.

I will say though, that they did do a good job cutting out the magwell - mags fit without issue or wobble.
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine many years ago. The magwell looks to be widened by hand. I looked at a new one recently, looks like it was widened on a milling machine.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the newer ones, the magwell looked like it was done in a jig -but by hand. The bayonet lug is silver soldered back on, if you didn’t know it -it looks original. I don’t like the wood, it’s too plain and very much looks like blonde pine but it’s harder than that.

I paid $699 when I bought it a while back, it’s definitely solid overall.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#5]
My ‘13 WASR cutout wasn’t pretty. Exposed metal where they cut it but at least it’s straight. A few dabs of a Birchwood Casey black touch up pen fixed that. WASRs gonna scratch so if you want pretty, look elsewhere.
Mine came with surplus Romanian steel mags and I think that’s what they used as a template cause Romanian surplus mags fit great, zero play. Hungarians and a lot of after market steel mags need filing to fit.
My ‘15 Draco pistol came from the factory as a double stack opening and mags fit the same. I’ve also seen at least one newer WASR that came with a Magpul mag and seemed like it was cut a bit tighter based on how my Romys fit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 3:31:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperGumbi] [#6]
Question - anyone know what US made parts are in these guns?

I am curious in particular about the underfolding WASR - I think the part number is RI3321.

Thanks!

@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have any idea what the compliance parts are on current WASRs?

In particular I am wondering if they are still replacing the gas pistons?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m pretty sure it’s the hammer, trigger, disconnector, muzzle device and the crappy furniture.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 6:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BratsundBier:
I’m pretty sure it’s the hammer, trigger, disconnector, muzzle device and the crappy furniture.
View Quote

That is what I was hoping. I would rather they don’t futz with the gas system.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:51:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrewsky] [#10]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:

That is what I was hoping. I would rather they don't futz with the gas system.
View Quote
Normally, if it's an underfolder, the US parts are:

1)  Muzzle device (does it say C?)
2)  Gas piston (is it screwed in vs. pinned and does it say C?)
3)  Hammer
4)  Trigger
5)  Disconnector
6)  Front handguard
7)  Pistol grip

If it's not an underfolder than the gas piston is imported (pinned, no C), and the stock is US.

I wouldn't worry about the futzing.  The US piston seems to be of good quality.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
my muzzle device says "US", as well as the gas piston.  Don't see a C in there. Trigger says TAPCO US as well. I think mine is an older import
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:30:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: urbankaos04] [#12]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:

Yes all sporting rifles must be imported in a sporting configuration with a single stack mag well that limits them to only accepting 10 round mags . Once in the US the magwell is opened up and 922R US parts are added to make the gun US Compliant. Romanian WASR

https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/wasr-10-ak47-20-jpg.jpg

View Quote

@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

These WASR rifles have Romanian barrels, correct?
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 7:51:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#13]
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top