Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2023 9:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmtsc]
I finally had a chance to fire a few magazines and get a cursory sight in done on the 5.56 Beryl. Trying out three different magazines, they all ran well. Probably going to put the factory optics rail on rifle and debating optics, but how it is right now will stay for about the first 500 rounds. The rifle is really smooth shooting, a little loud and flings the brass back to its motherland, chunks it far. I definitely think it’s a keeper.

Few pics

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I literally just paid my layaway off from Atlantic Firearms on this exact rifle.  Can't wait to get it.  Quick question- how did you mount your optic?

Link Posted: 6/24/2023 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
The Beryl rifles shipping from Atlantic Firearms now come with the bayonet lug !

https://admin.atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/hosting/Beryl%20Rifle%20Bayonet%20.jpg
View Quote

Just got the notification mine arrived at my FFL.  Can't wait to pick it up after vacation.  Let's go!!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By johnsonzibowitz:
I literally just paid my layaway off from Atlantic Firearms on this exact rifle.  Can't wait to get it.  Quick question- how did you mount your optic?

View Quote

Originally I used the Bravo Optics mount that replaces the rear sight but I finally got the factory rail and I’m using it now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I like mine!
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is G2G!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dmtsc:

Originally I used the Bravo Optics mount that replaces the rear sight but I finally got the factory rail and I’m using it now.
View Quote

Gotcha!  I wasn't sure if a regular Bravo Optics mount would work or not.  I'll probably go that route before I decide if I'm getting the factory rail or not.  Just not sure if I'm a fan of the height of the factory rail.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked mine up a few weeks ago, very happy for the bayonet lug.

Less happy that the Atlantic ones don’t come with the Fime triggers anymore.

Have had the early handguard and rail for a while, picked up the Bonesteel folder since I missed the boat when the original folding stocks were around.  Kinda like the old school Beryl setup; I might get the new stock eventually though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone’s rifle had canted sights?  I just got mine from Atlantic and the front sight is canted left and the rear sight is canted right.  The rifle zeros fine, but I wasn’t sure if this a common issue with the FB Radom Beryl.   My WBP Fox was perfect!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mnm567:
Has anyone’s rifle had canted sights?  I just got mine from Atlantic and the front sight is canted left and the rear sight is canted right.  The rifle zeros fine, but I wasn’t sure if this a common issue with the FB Radom Beryl.   My WBP Fox was perfect!!!
View Quote

I finally transferred mine that's been at my FFL for a few weeks.  Sights are not canted.  It has a bayonet lug but what bayonet fits?  Also I need a clearing rod and I guess a cleaning kit for the buttstock trapdoor.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Radiolucent:

I finally transferred mine that's been at my FFL for a few weeks.  Sights are not canted.  It has a bayonet lug but what bayonet fits?  Also I need a clearing rod and I guess a cleaning kit for the buttstock trapdoor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125478/beryl556_jpg-2897591.JPG
View Quote

Any AKM/AK74 bayonet should fit.  I dug out the bayonet that came with my old Polish underfolder kit and fit just fine.  The ring was a little tight so be careful installing/removing that you don’t stab yourself.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 10:58:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin50cal] [#12]
View Quote

I was just about to order one of these until I saw this, at that price they should at least check for canted sights. Very disappointed in Atlantic.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I was a bit disappointed for sure.  I could always contact them for repair I suppose.  But I have put the optic rail on it and will be shooting with a red dot mostly.  I just was curious if anyone else has had this issue.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 8:59:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperGumbi] [#14]
Are they removing the front sight base to machine the bayonet lug?

Anyone know what is actually being done to these after they get to the US?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SemperGumbi:
Are they removing the front sight base to machine the bayonet lug?

Anyone know what is actually being done to these after they get to the US?
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing!  Do they weld the bayo lug on the OG post?   The flash hider is pressed on, so replacing it would be a PITA.  

Edit to my earlier post:  I secured the barrel in a vice and gave it some whacks with a dead blow hammer and checked the front sight with straight edges, and BAM!  Straight.  Easy fix.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Are the front sight bases secured with roll pins or solid pins? What about the gas blocks?
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Are the front sight bases secured with roll pins or solid pins? What about the gas blocks?
View Quote

The front sight are roll pins.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#18]

The front sight are roll pins.
View Quote

Bummer. That would indicate that maybe they are removing the front sight bases to machine the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 8/7/2023 10:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Bummer. That would indicate that maybe they are removing the front sight bases to machine the bayonet lug.
View Quote

I bet you are right.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#20]

I bet you are right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I bet you are right.

I wish Arms of America or Atlantic Firearms would chime in and let us know what is actually done to these when they are imported.

I did some research and found pictures of military Beryl rifles with solid pins and also early IO import Archer rifles with solid pins so I am really curious what is going on.

@Atlantic-Firearms
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 9:01:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#21]
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Atlantic Arms MFG does not remove the front sight bases to machine the bayonet lug , no pins are removed or replaced
View Quote

Thank you Atlantic Firearms for responding! Any idea why the front sight bases have roll pins now? The older imported guns seem to have had solid pins.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 8:06:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SemperGumbi] [#24]

Sorry we do not know but have seen both FB & WBP use roll pins from time to time. I do know that both AOA & Atlantic have indicated to both firms that we prefer the solid pins.
View Quote

Thank you. You guys are awesome! Always willing to help the consumer!

Do you guys have any guns with the plain muzzle like the ones offered AOA? From what I understand that is the way they are imported?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Perhaps you guys should see if they would resurrect the old M545 Beryl as a product for the US market.  

Pretty much no competition for that aside from PSA!
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey Atlantic Firearms do your current Beryl 5.56 rifles have the blacked out markings or are they white? Any chance you can post some pics of current guns?

Also AOA is offering guns with no bayonet lug under a "blem" SKU for $100 less. Will you guys be doing anything similar?

@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:37:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#28]
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top