Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2023 9:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pair_of_ACES]
This thing sure is a chunker but it’s 100 percent reliable and folds up nice and small.

ACE Gen 1 5.56 SBR with A3 Tactical PDW stock

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet. What PDW ammo are you using? Fusion bonded or similar?

Needs a suppressor and KNS piston
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By themao:

View Quote

I’ve got a 30 and a 20rd mag loaded with Fusion MSR and several boxes of TSX also. I’ve killed hogs with plain old m193 out of this thing though so I’m sure just  about anything will work in a pinch

Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caddys83] [#3]
Double post.
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 7:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caddys83] [#4]
Did you cut the rail cover so you can mount the flashlight mount?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

I’ve got a 30 and a 20rd mag loaded with Fusion MSR and several boxes of TSX also. I’ve killed hogs with plain old m193 out of this thing though so I’m sure just  about anything will work in a pinch

View Quote

Fusion MSR works great. I find that Hornady Black 75 gr has less gas to the face and less excess powder when running suppressed than Fusion MSR.

I am very jealous that you get to kill hogs with your SBR. I have no time
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Fusion MSR works great. I find that Hornady Black 75 gr has less gas to the face and less excess powder when running suppressed than Fusion MSR.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

Good to know.

I don’t go after them with the shorty, but sometimes when you’re working on the property you gotta use what you’re carrying

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Caddys83:
Did you cut the rail cover so you can mount the flashlight mount?
View Quote

Just noticed this sorry

Yea I trimmed back the side cover to fit flush with the rear of the light mount.

IWI sells the covers for less than $10, just make sure you’re getting the correct one

@Caddys83
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I have the KNS in mine.  Due to the super short gas system, the KNS is a different style than their other ones.  On this model, you can access it from inside the ejection port.  And it only has enough settings to rotate around 360 degrees, then it starts over.  Meaning the most open and the most closed are directly beside each other.  

Those are the 2 settings mine needs.  With the suppressor mounted, I need the piston flipped to "most open" and without the suppressor, I need the "most closed" setting.  And that's convenient since I can just pull the charging handle back and adjust the piston that 1 click to go between those settings.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 10:00:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hoodfu] [#9]
Originally Posted By giantpune:

I have the KNS in mine.  Due to the super short gas system, the KNS is a different style than their other ones.  On this model, you can access it from inside the ejection port.  And it only has enough settings to rotate around 360 degrees, then it starts over.  Meaning the most open and the most closed are directly beside each other.  

Those are the 2 settings mine needs.  With the suppressor mounted, I need the piston flipped to "most open" and without the suppressor, I need the "most closed" setting.  And that's convenient since I can just pull the charging handle back and adjust the piston that 1 click to go between those settings.
View Quote
I had to do the same. I shot it a couple times without a KNS with a dead air wolverine and the ejection was so violent it ripped the case in half and left part of it in the chamber. I ended up taking it to a gunsmith and he was able to find the top 10% of the case still in the barrel which he knocked out. Now it cycles super smoothly.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top