Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2022 8:31:24 AM EDT
I have a galil that I had built on a parts kit with a hill billy firearms barrel.  The barrel had to reemed for the shells to fit. When I go shooting it ejects brass fine I’ve been through a few boxes however it doesn’t do well with steel.  I will get through one maybe two shits before it had a failure to eject.  The shell is generally so stuck in the chamber I have to go home spray wd40 down the barrel then tap it out a day or two later with a cleaning rod.  Without the wd40 it’s not coming out. Never had this happen before was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how to fix.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the chamber is still too tight. How do the stuck cases/chamber look? Any scratches, tool marks, ect? You could try polishing the chamber with abrasive paste.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#2]
They look pretty normal not any scratches the only damage is the lip where the extractor took a chunk of it trying to get it out thiers one stuck in there right now I tried using a chamber brush I will try to post the pictures monday put the wd40 in yesterday and it hasn’t done the trick yet.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 2:59:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#3]
Tight chamber and dirty ammo?
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Chamber is still too tight. Needs reamed more. Steel cased ammo and tight chambers are known for the seizing issue. Where the steel doesn’t cool as fast as brass before ejection.
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top