BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2023 10:44:30 AM EDT
Found this full review on Zerohedge...

Golden Tiger Ammo Review: FMJ Plinking Gold

ou’ve seen recommendations for Golden Tiger ammo in gun forums and experts like us. Unfortunately, there aren’t extensive reviews of the ammo here in the States. I’m about to review my personal experience with Golden Tiger ammo. It was easy to find, cheap for buying in bulk, and high-quality.

However, you can still find high-quality and low-cost rifle ammo. Check out our rifle ammo selection HERE, or keep reading to learn why everyone recommends Golden Tiger ammo.
Is Golden Tiger a Good Brand for Ammo?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2023-07-07/golden-tiger-ammo-review-fmj-plinking-gold

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2023-07-07/golden-tiger-ammo-review-fmj-plinking-gold
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Whoever wrote that article is still living in 2018.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 10:53:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#2]
I think I still have around 2 K of GT left, was good stuff back in the day. Better then Wolf easily.

Down to one AK now and will probably sell that off sooner or later. Somewhere in the pile O guns is a Chinese SKS when they were $79.

And damn, almost 50 cents a round.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately it's one of the Russian brands that will be disappearing here in the states due to sanctions.
Link Posted: 7/9/2023 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#4]
And none in stock on their site...
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Made by Vympel. Pretty good stuff. I've got a dozen or so cases sold under a different brand name around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Shiff:
Made by Vympel. Pretty good stuff. I've got a dozen or so cases sold under a different brand name around here somewhere.
View Quote

Rusops ?  It seems to have gone the way of GT unfortunately, which was to be expected.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:33:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#7]
Glad I filled my ammo fort to the brim with GT in the days leading up to the Obama inauguration at less than $200 a case
and never need to buy any more in my lifetime...

Holy Crap!
https://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-russian-ammo-mfg
1000 Round Case - 7.62x39 FMJ BT Golden Tiger 124 Grain Russian Ammo   $529.50
Quantity in Stock:11  <--- Rookie numbers
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Time to revive that old Golden Tiger / SGAmmo thread on The Files.

36 cases in stock, down to 28, down to 12, did you get yours? Down to six, OH NO !!!!!

Wait, another 58 cases in stock the following day...........

I'll admit to getting caught up in that frenzy back in the early Obama years. Paying around 225 a case back then as I recall (glad I did).
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top