Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2019 8:46:19 PM EDT
Does anyone actually have one? How does it fit and function?  And, showing how up I am on the subject, how long have they been coming into the country?
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a "hellpup", but I do have a Polish AK pistol from WBP. I made mine an SBR.

On the subject of the hellpups, I remember reading only bad things about them. Nothing specific, but certainly nothing good. Sorry I can't be of more help.

But google, ar15.com, and ak specific forums are your friend.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 8:47:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DillyCleo] [#3]
I bought one from Classic and I have a question.

I know where my serial number is located but I was wondering where the SERIAL NUMBERS of other "Radom" made Hellpup pistols are located.  I have a concern about where my pistol's SN is located - otherwise I would not ask.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 6:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased a parts kit with receiver from Centerfire Systems for $450 it came with two barrel trunnions one was Romanian. Assembled it no issues just need to blue my rivets as the parts kit came blued similar to East German MPi-KMS's. Range functioned flawlessly as to the cycle and function of the weapon.  The only problem i had was with the  front sight as it seemed to require removal and stretching of the split threads in order to tighten the front sight correctly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one, and I can tell you that the fit and finish are excellent. It has the smoothest action on an AK that I've personally used.  I'd say the fit and finish are equivalent to more expensive US-made AKs that are 2-3 times the price of this one.

I have both the Hellpup and the standard Pioneer Arms AK. The benefit to the Hellpup is that since it's a pistol, it's completely made at the Radom factory, whereas the full size rifle has to be finished here in the US for parts compliance.

I toured the factory in Radom, Poland, and was quite impressed. I got to watch them make AKs, and see the process.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 7:57:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FNAR_762] [#6]
These Pioneer Arms Hellpups currently being imported are not the same ones imported by IO Inc. I've been to the factory where they make these, and watched them make them, and talked with their owner. The recipe they use for MIM parts has been refined and improved upon several times. It's not cheap MIM made in a risky-dink factory somewhere.

I'm cautious about MIM parts as well, because there's some really poorly mades stuff out there. But for these made by Pioneer Arms, to put it in perspective, these rifles being imported into the US is a tiny fraction of what they sell. These rifles are made for military sales. If full auto versions of these are test fired and passed by militaries around the world, I'm sure it will be gtg for semi-auto use by us civilians.

And if it's not, Pioneer has a lifetime warranty on their parts breaking.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top