Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2024 12:30:46 AM EDT
I was digging through a closet and found these. I *think* they are some sort of AK 40 percent or 60 percent blank receiver or something like that.
Anyone know what they are? or their value these days?  
They are wrapped in protective paper wrapping, and have no holes drilled into them. They are too long as is to be used for a normal AK I think.

I forget how to post a picture here, here is a link to another post where I asked

this is another page where I posted a picture of them
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You forget how to post a photo here, have one post and perfectly post a photo on a nother forum?

Unwrap one and see what they are.

RPK is a little longer but I'd have to measure one to tell. I think it's just a tiny bit like 7mm longer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Unwrap one of them and see if there are any markings.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drobs:
Unwrap one of them and see if there are any markings.

View Quote

Yeah open one up.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:30:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#4]
They look kind of triangular, or is that just the camera angle?

Valmets and Galils were all milled right?

Maybe PSL?

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Well first of all, welcome to arfcom fellow firearms enthusiast.

You gotta unwrap one, until then they are just dickfers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
opened one up, no markings on it anywhere. I'm 99% sure I bought these years ago from a seller on the EE, so I was hoping someone here remembers these things.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
They look kind of triangular, or is that just the camera angle?

Valmets and Galils were all milled right?

Maybe PSL?

View Quote

Valmet is stamped.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
they have the same taper as a AK receiver does, which is why i think it was a 40 or a 60 percent AK receiver blank. I am almost positive that I bought them off of the EE here, which is why I posted here about them. I was hoping an old hand here might remember these being sold. It was probably purchased 18 years or so ago, back when AK kits were coming in more often from overseas for cheap.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Blingtron9000:
they have the same taper as a AK receiver does, which is why i think it was a 40 or a 60 percent AK receiver blank. I am almost positive that I bought them off of the EE here, which is why I posted here about them. I was hoping an old hand here might remember these being sold. It was probably purchased 18 years or so ago, back when AK kits were coming in more often from overseas for cheap.
View Quote

What is a 40% or 60%? Hell, 80% is just an arbitrary thing.

It's either a flat, bent, bent with rails, bent with rails and FCG or trunnion holes. For some reasons a bent receiver with rails and FCG holes is considered 100% even though the trunnion needs to be installed and generally the best way to go about it is matching your trunnion for the rivet holes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Agreed about the vagueness about what percent means what. Again, I'm going back into the past on these things, people at that time were buying alot of non-complete receivers and building them up. For example, people were buying flats and using a Harbor Freight hydrailic press to bend them into shape. Some were even renting a jig from someone on this site to bend their flat, then mailing the jig to another person who rented it next. This was almost 20 years ago, back when the AK part kits were plentiful and cheap.  Some people jumped on the bandwagon and started selling flats, and other things like what I have.

I am just trying to see if anyone remembers these types of blanks being sold, and if so, what were they for and how much were they.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a few flats and the tooling to assemble and weld in rails. No idea what they cost but it makes.me want to build a shit shovel AK for Boris.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top