Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2023 1:03:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Weldy17]
Alright my great people of ak community i come to you with a freaking problem that i'm sure most of yall will definitely help me with easily.

I have bought my first ever AK and i said why not buy PSA's AK 100's series that seem modern and i have been hearing good stuff about, so here i buy the PSA AK-102 chambered in 5.56mm rounds and while i am disassembling it (as i do with any other firearms i own with the purpose of getting to know the firearm better in and out) I stumble across a freaking front sight gas block that until now seems to be soldered on but still hoping that's not the case. I don't know or have the minimal idea on why the hell PSA would do such a thing but if that's the case i need suggestions on taking that shit off, if that's not the case then how the hell do i remove that front sight gas block from the barrel?

Main reason for the removal is so i can install a gas block that does not have the front sight on it, let it be a 45 degree gas block or a 90 degree gas block.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:17:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dntama] [#2]
It’s pinned on and may be pressed on very tight. You might need a press to get it off after removing the lower pin. That barrel looks short. I don’t know what you plan on replacing the gas block/sight with.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Bruh i clearly stated the reason and with what i want to replace it with... A 45 degree gas block or a 90 degree gas block without the sight... I can care less about the sight of an AK i can easily zero sight an ak with a laser dummy round like i have with all my weapons making it shoot the target good.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
"Bruh?"
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:56:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok no need for a front sight..
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you plan to install a front sight elsewhere on the gun?  Or maybe just plan to use an optic only?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d16man:
Welcome to arfcom OP.  I suggest you read the COC and are mindful that this is a tech area where people will try to help you.....this isn't General Discussion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:34:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I did... I don't even know why you even have to state that...
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top