Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2024 10:51:42 PM EDT
What I have learned while searching for Hungarian bayonets.
Attachment Attached File

They are fairly hard to find, and usually have the brown insulator
Attachment Attached File

Especially hard to find with this belt loop on the frog, which is unique to Hungarian
Attachment Attached File

They could easily be mistaken for Romanian, except they lack the mold mark on the button side of the handle
Attachment Attached File

The way the wire cutter is attached to the sheath is also unique to Hungarian AKs
Attachment Attached File

and only some are marked "Made in Hungary FEG" not all.

What else do I need to know?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Years ago I bought a Bayonet that was supposed to be an early East German AKM Bayonet.  Had the made in East German white label.  This was well before the major influx of EG surplus.  Later found out it was Hungarian, minus the belt hanger.  Still looking for one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By flyer:
Years ago I bought a Bayonet that was supposed to be an early East German AKM Bayonet.  Had the made in East German white label.  This was well before the major influx of EG surplus.  Later found out it was Hungarian, minus the belt hanger.  Still looking for one.
View Quote

Yep, early on I purchased a Romanian that was advertised as Hungarian and I didn't know the difference.

But I have also recognized a Hungarian that is advertised as something else, purchased it and then told the seller they were wrong and to prevent negative feedback, they will discount the bayonet and I ended up with a super deal on a Hungarian bayonet
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top