User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2024 1:24:09 PM EDT
Am I missing any?
Attachment Attached File

From left to right.
Back row: Brown 4 cell 20rnd pouch, Black 4 cell 20rnd, Brown 3 cell and Green 3 cell 20 rnd, Canvas 3 cell 20 rnd pouch
Front row: Brown 5 cell 30 rnd pouch, Green 5 cell 30 rnd, and Canvas 4 cell 30 rnd pouch

I have never seen a black 30 rnd pouch
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to get the clip pouches for the 95 Manlicher.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty nice collection! Don't know whether you got 'em all but those are nice.

This thread and others has me thinking we need a dedicated pouch thread, with pics and info/help in ID'ing various pouches, what do y'all think?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dragynn:
Pretty nice collection! Don't know whether you got 'em all but those are nice.

This thread and others has me thinking we need a dedicated pouch thread, with pics and info/help in ID'ing various pouches, what do y'all think?
View Quote

the only problem I see with dedicated threads is nobody checks them.  The general threads get most of the traffic.
But I am down for whatever
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mindless:
You need to get the clip pouches for the 95 Manlicher.
View Quote

Then I would have to get an actual M1895 Mannlicher, hmm maybe I will...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DoorKicker:

the only problem I see with dedicated threads is nobody checks them.  The general threads get most of the traffic.
But I am down for whatever
View Quote

Oh I know, threads like that don't get too much play, but I think a few stickies dedicated to preserving knowledge about the history, would be a benefit to everyone especially new users to come. I see so many of the old sites where you could find info going down, and even places where it's still there the outdated picture hosting means all the pics are gone even if the basic info remains.

Would like to create an area to aggregate all that knowledge and preserve it for future generations.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

Oh I know, threads like that don't get too much play, but I think a few stickies dedicated to preserving knowledge about the history, would be a benefit to everyone especially new users to come. I see so many of the old sites where you could find info going down, and even places where it's still there the outdated picture hosting means all the pics are gone even if the basic info remains.

Would like to create an area to aggregate all that knowledge and preserve it for future generations.
View Quote

This is true. I did one about a year ago on the various Ak bayonets, using my own collection of 72. Initially there was a lot of interest, then it faded away and I don't believe anyone has hit it since last July. dryflash3 kept it from going into the archives, but without a sticky, it's hard to find and keep all that historical data in the forefront. Not to self...I have added a few new Ak bayonets since the original post and will have to update it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:49:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thomasplaster223] [#7]
Nice collection!

These are the two types you are missing - there may be more but these are the ones I know.

There are some older Hungarian 5 cell 30 rounders that are all cloth or canvas - grayish or greenish colors with tan cloth canvas slings.

There is a late green vinyl 30 rounder pouch that has a woven cloth canvas sling instead of the earlier leather sling. The cloth sling might have some nylon in it - it resembles the late Hungarian "mint" green cloth rifle slings in color and texture. They are often seen being used by Croatian soldiers during the Balkans conflict and I've seen a few photographs of them from Middle East conflict zones.

Bought my first 4 cell green cloth canvas Hungarian pouch around 1991 shortly after the wall came down - still have it and use it.

I'll add photos of those missing ones when I get time.

CarlosC - your bayonet collection rocks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By thomasplaster223:
Nice collection!
These are the two types you are missing - there may be more but these are the ones I know.
There are some older Hungarian 5 cell 30 rounders that are all cloth or canvas - grayish or greenish colors with tan cloth canvas slings.
There is a late green vinyl 30 rounder pouch that has a woven cloth canvas sling instead of the earlier leather sling.
CarlosC - your bayonet collection rocks.
View Quote

I just added that one today...
Attachment Attached File

And I added a tan 4 cell 20 round mag pouch WITHOUT the shoulder strap
Attachment Attached File

I'll be on the lookout for the 5 cell canvas

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread reminded me that A of A has the Hungarian tanker mags and pouchez on sale, so I ordered a pack.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#10]
You are missing the canvas 5 magazine, the newer green Vinyl 3 and 5 with Velcro, and lastly, the black with velcro. Also a super rare camo 5 magazine pouch.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top