Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2024 8:32:56 AM EDT
As the title says, looking for any insight or opinions to Huxwrx Ventum 762ounting Options on AK 100 series AK's.

Not sure why the more I read, the more I'm confused online with the various forums and plethora of options lol. I just want to be able to slap it on like my dead air wolverine. Doesn't seem to be that straightforward?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:49:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raverill] [#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:51:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#2]
Here's easy mode: (get the 360 brake X37 version)

https://www.jmac-customs.com/muzzle-devices/suppressor-mounts/x-series-hub/

HuxWrx own mounts are very good as well.

I use a combination of HuxWrx and Jmac mounts on my AKs. JMAC is lighter and simpler if the can is Hub (1.375x24) threaded.

Both Huxwrx and Jmac mounts are face mount, meaning the tighten up against the face of the muzzle, and don't need a shoulder on the threading.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The Hux Ventum is HUB threaded, which means you can use whatever suppressor mounting system that you want. So, find a system that has muzzle devices that match your barrel thread and send it!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#4]
That’s what I thought. Then you’re hit with so many options and it’s confusing.

I should give more background info on what I plan on doing with it. I want to use it on both my ak102 and ak104.

Do I just buy 2 griffin armaments 24x1.5 direct threads and screw them on that way? But then I read directly threading isn’t ideal because it could cause a baffle strike to cocentricity?  

I read somewhere that you need a muzzle device or flash hider before the hub and then the suppressor?

Google searches take you down the rabbit hole 😅
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Using a brake is better than direct thread, especially with a flow through can.  The brake directs the hot gasses out to the sides.

If you notice, all HuxWrx mounts are brakes. Even the flash hiders.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By krinkovovich:
As the title says, looking for any insight or opinions to Huxwrx Ventum 762ounting Options on AK 100 series AK's.

Not sure why the more I read, the more I'm confused online with the various forums and plethora of options lol. I just want to be able to slap it on like my dead air wolverine. Doesn't seem to be that straightforward?
View Quote

Huh? Just use one of the HUXWRX AK mounts. They sell 24 mm flash hiders and brakes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By themao:
https://huxwrx.com/flash-hider-qd-762-m24x1-5-rh-ak/

Hurry! It’s on sale
View Quote

I just bought one! Awesome thanks. Does this need a hub still or does the suppressor just mount directly on the flash hider?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:23:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#9]

I just bought one! Awesome thanks. Does this need a hub still or does the suppressor just mount directly on the flash hider?
View Quote
Unfortunately, that suppressor ships with a direct thread adapter and no QD mount.  That's why I recommended the Jmac mount above.

You'll need the Huxwrx QD Hub adapter to use the Huxwrx QD muzzle device.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/706433764082

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:22:07 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

If you bought a Ventum, you will need the HUXWRX adapter.

https://huxwrx.com/hub-qd-adapter/

HUXWRX designs their cans around their flash hiders and muzzle brakes. Makes no sense to me why you would want a Keymo or Xeno unless you are already heaviky invested in Deadair or surefire etc.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top