Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2023 8:33:55 PM EDT
While at a local gun store they showed me a well-used made in Bulgaria SSR-85C2 AK, I wasn't in the AK market and I didn't pay much attention to it as I was interested in AR stuff. It had TGI SSR-85C2 stamped on the receiver.

It had a slant cut muzzle brake which I thought was different from most Bulgarian Ak's I have seen. They wanted me to make an offer on it, but I have no clue as to what the going rate is for this item or if this is even a good to go build.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 12:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#1]
There's some good info here: https://www.theakforum.net/threads/armory-usa-ssr-85c-2-question.87754/

These were AKM/AK-47 style sold by Armory USA, not to be confused with the current Arsenal Inc that sells AK-100 style Bulgarian guns. That's why the slant brake, which were tack welded in place.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 1:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
There's some good info here: https://www.theakforum.net/threads/armory-usa-ssr-85c-2-question.87754/

These were AKM/AK-47 style sold by Armory USA, not to be confused with the current Arsenal Inc that sells AK-100 style Bulgarian guns. That's why the slant brake, which were tack welded in place.
View Quote

Thanks for the link, the one I was looking at had a Tapco threaded on slant brake, but it was not welded on.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 1:52:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#3]
Even better!

ETA: It was fairly common for folks to have the welded on slant brake removed, have the barrel threaded if necessary (some already had threads, some didn't), and install a threaded brake.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Even better!

ETA: It was fairly common for folks to have the welded on slant brake removed, have the barrel threaded if necessary (some already had threads, some didn't), and install a threaded brake.
View Quote

Thanks, If I remember correctly, it was a left-hand thread. I may have to go back and look at it a little closer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I sold mine a while ago.  Great gun, but I had the following concerns.

1) on mine, the rear of the receiver was solid, similar to an under folder, so it would not accept a standard stock.  Only one of the thumbhole stocks.  Mags were also really sloppy fit.

2) it was made from a milled parts kit.  There were a few people who ended up with cracked front trunions.  Since these were made from milled kits, there was questions on where the front trunion came from.

That said, mine had the best trigger I have ever seen on an AK.  It was a double hook.  It would not feed hollow points more than twice in a row.  It also had the thicker 1.6 mm receiver and heavy chrome lined barrel.

Link Posted: 11/29/2023 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SPARKY4:
I sold mine a while ago.  Great gun, but I had the following concerns.

1) on mine, the rear of the receiver was solid, similar to an under folder, so it would not accept a standard stock.  Only one of the thumbhole stocks.  Mags were also really sloppy fit.

2) it was made from a milled parts kit.  There were a few people who ended up with cracked front trunions.  Since these were made from milled kits, there was questions on where the front trunion came from.

That said, mine had the best trigger I have ever seen on an AK.  It was a double hook.  It would not feed hollow points more than twice in a row.  It also had the thicker 1.6 mm receiver and heavy chrome lined barrel.

View Quote

Thanks for the info, mine has a regular synthetic stock on it. I did look at the trunnion and didn't see any cracks, but I will look it over more carefully. It has a Tapco G2 trigger and is a 1.6mm receiver.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top