Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2020 7:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DanC1996]
I know someone selling a maadi. I dont know a ton about them but its marked 1988 on the receiver. Is that the year it was made? He attached a bipod to the handguard and that HAS to go and hopefully hasn't ruined the original wood. Can anyone tell me if this is a correct preban styer? Or is there a mix match of parts here? I dont have the gun in my possession right now. Should be able to get more pictures this weekend

Thanks!!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KH1IK_ckuY5S5UUtEBAoUaz2xPWpV2zb[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KH1IK_ckuY5S5UUtEBAoUaz2xPWpV2zb
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks correct. Except for the shit bipod but you can't fix stupid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
So is this worth the same as the newer imports or is one worth a decent amount. Not sure I want something i can't shoot/ enjoy
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 9:05:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnGA] [#4]
Worth more normally. True preban import. Check Gunbroker sold prices. Ask on AKFiles.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:43:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlB] [#5]
A Maadi is a Maadi.  You can still shoot and enjoy a preban Steyr Maadi.  But to answer your question the last one I had I sold for $3k and that was BEFORE AK prices went nuts.  I have no idea where they are now.  The last post ban Maadi I bought (A PARS Import that has been debanned and has Egyptian AK furniture) I paid $1k for - still have that one and it's not likely going anywhere anytime soon.  Is the preban gun worth 3 times the price of a PARS or INTRAC Maadi especially if the post ban gun has been debanned?  Not to me anymore, but to some it will be.  What I can tell you is there is no difference at all in fit, finish and performance between them.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DanC1996:
So is this worth the same as the newer imports or is one worth a decent amount. Not sure I want something i can't shoot/ enjoy
View Quote

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top