Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2020 7:26:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DanC1996]
I know someone selling a maadi. I dont know a ton about them but its marked 1988 on the receiver. Is that the year it was made? He attached a bipod to the handguard and that HAS to go and hopefully hasn't ruined the original wood. Can anyone tell me if this is a correct preban styer? Or is there a mix match of parts here? I dont have the gun in my possession right now. Should be able to get more pictures this weekend

Thanks!!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KH1IK_ckuY5S5UUtEBAoUaz2xPWpV2zb[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1KH1IK_ckuY5S5UUtEBAoUaz2xPWpV2zb
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks correct. Except for the shit bipod but you can't fix stupid.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
So is this worth the same as the newer imports or is one worth a decent amount. Not sure I want something i can't shoot/ enjoy
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 9:05:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnGA] [#4]
Worth more normally. True preban import. Check Gunbroker sold prices. Ask on AKFiles.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:43:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlB] [#5]
A Maadi is a Maadi.  You can still shoot and enjoy a preban Steyr Maadi.  But to answer your question the last one I had I sold for $3k and that was BEFORE AK prices went nuts.  I have no idea where they are now.  The last post ban Maadi I bought (A PARS Import that has been debanned and has Egyptian AK furniture) I paid $1k for - still have that one and it's not likely going anywhere anytime soon.  Is the preban gun worth 3 times the price of a PARS or INTRAC Maadi especially if the post ban gun has been debanned?  Not to me anymore, but to some it will be.  What I can tell you is there is no difference at all in fit, finish and performance between them.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DanC1996:
So is this worth the same as the newer imports or is one worth a decent amount. Not sure I want something i can't shoot/ enjoy
View Quote

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top