Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2024 9:18:42 AM EDT
I've done a couple KNS pistons before with pretty good luck, but ran into something yesterday. On a Zastava M92 (which was gassed pretty typically for AKs pre-KNS), the rifle would not work on anything but the full closed (i.e. Full gas) setting, and it was barely ejecting at that - in fact, sometimes it would fail to eject.  With the suppressor on it, it was great, but I would like to have a little more gas for shooting without the can.  

FWIW, I have a JMAC Customs 360 muzzle device on it.

Has anyone see such a "leaky" KNS before where it barely functions/malfunctions even on the "full gas" setting?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:46:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: R0N] [#1]
One of YouTube guys (I believe Klayco47)  did a thing on it, The added weight of the piston makes the gassing marginal without a can on
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My AKSU is like that. Runs fine completely closed without a can. Won't cycle on suppressor settings without the can.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like Jmac has a booster shell (their site says "blast shield") for their muzzle device. You may need to run it when the suppressor is off.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top