Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2018 8:40:37 PM EDT
So in going through my gun room I found a Bulgarian Krink kit (726x39), which I think came from KVAR back in the day.  This is not a demilled kit, but one of the virgin/unissued kits where none of the parts were ever built into a gun.  It contains every part but the receiver and trunion.

First question - I haven't been able to find one of these kits online to establish a value for it, so I'm curious if anyone has an idea of what one of these kits is worth.

Second question - I have a registered FA underfolder AK.  Would it be possible to have the registered AK rebuilt with the Krink kit (I guess the big question is will a Chinese trunion and receiver with with a Bulgie barrel and other Bulgie parts)?  I know I'd probably be stuck with the underfolder stock, but curious if the rest would work or be possible.

Final question - if its possible to rebuild as a Krink, who would be the builder you'd recommend?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nictra] [#1]
yes it is possible. Several have taken the 223 FA Chinese and rebuilt them into 545 "Krinks". That being said, pretty sure it wasn't cheap.

I don't have a recommendation on a builder though.

@TX-Zen

ETA: DDDDOOOO EEEETTTT!! FA "krink" is the awesomeness!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:50:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen] [#2]
FA AKSU would be the shizzle for sure

I'm not sure on the details of converting a 7.62 gun into a 5.45 gun actually, it seemed to me back in the day that as Nictra said .223 Chinese guns were the base and I've not heard off the top of my head of a 7.62 conversion. That said I don't build AKs, I just ride em, so take my comment with a grain of salt.  But for sure if you have a Chinese .223 then yeah it should be pretty straight forward

As far as buiilders go these days, that I am not sure tbh. The AK market is down and many shops don't seem to be around.

From what I can see Mario at PoHF is not working anymore but he's done 3 or 4 of the Chinese .223 conversions himself

I imagine that Troy at Inrange or @gunplumber (Mark Graham / Arizona Response Systems) could handle it. Tagging @aenemabay also, he knows about 65536 times more about building and troubleshooting AKs than I think I ever will

Z
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: faldoc] [#3]
Doable but expensive. I had Mario at POHF convert a Polytech 5.56 fixed stock gun to a 5.45 Krink a few years ago. Tula kit and Bluejack barrel.

The gun was a bit of a hatchet job, with a cut rail. Mario fixed everything.

Since the entire receiver is the registered part, the trunion and sheet metal have to be saved for the conversion. Some of the rivet holes and the magwell have to be welded up for authenticity.

The barrel has to be machined for the trunion which is a bit smaller than the Bulgy or Russky trunion.

I had Mario simulate the "X" and "Y" stampings and the trigger bump.

Sorry the pic is crappy but photobucket doesn't work anymore and imgur editing has messed up the resolution.

Maybe I'll upload another one.

Edit new photo uploaded...

Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#4]
As been said, it's doable. If you don't mind keeping the existing Chinese rivet pattern, that should keep the costs down, which would only require the barrel to be turned to 19mm to fit the Chinese trunnion. Then either change the Chinese gas piston out for the Bulgarian, or headspace the bolt and carrier from the kit to the new barrel (possible part conflict here, but I don't think so).
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top