BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 9:23:58 AM EDT
Post in GD

http://ironwooddesigns.com/

I know not everyone reads GD.  I just saw the above thread and found out that Matt had passed.

From the Ironwood Designs website:

Matt Shuster, the founder and sole proprietor of Ironwood Designs, suffered a cardiac arrest and passed away on June 11. Our objective is make sure every pre-paid order either gets fulfilled or gets refunded. Matt was a great person, and he supremely valued the relationships he created with his community of customers. It is devastating to have to bring you this news and, again, we appeal for some patience as we try to move forward.

Matt leaves behind his wife and young daughter. We have established a GoFundMe to help his family. Contributions are welcome https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-matt-shusters-wife-sam-and-daughter-andie.

If you have questions, please email [email protected].

If you have an open order, please forward your details to [email protected]. We are trying to understand what pieces are available. We will complete your order or give you a refund - please be patient.

To the Ironwood community: we are looking for the right person to carry on Matt's legacy in high-quality woodworking. If that might be you, please email [email protected].
View Quote

I always wanted one of the MAK90 stocks.  From everything I read, he did good work.

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Super nice guy and great quality work.
He will be missed.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn that's too bad, I bought some of his stuff for my AK's, beautiful work
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's what I get for only visiting the chicom section.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#5]
that sucks, I just got a milled Mak90 I was going to order a black walnut set for. his work was fantastic. there will be a void in that market.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
That is sad to hear. I cant remember for sure but i think this is one of his sets. it is not a "correct" Norinco conversion. But i am happy with it over the thumb hole furniture it came with. Stock set is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate reading this. Matt was a great guy, I bought several stock sets from him, quality work.

I remember back in 2009 I had ordered a stock set from him, sent him the check, but 2 weeks later my wife and I were laid off from our jobs. I contacted Matt, told him our situation, and if it would be possible to cancel the order. He wrote back saying no worries, all he wanted to know is whether I wanted the check mailed back or have him tear it up. He wished us the best. Three years later we were back on our feet again and I was able re order those stocks.

A good man.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 3:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow...  I just came across this.  I had been planning on ordering one of his stock set for my slant Mak 90.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top